Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I don't know how to do it and have never investigated it, but I've heard rumors about this since u19 released, if they rolled back they'd have to probably roll back till then. Come on rollback I want some forum entertainment.
    The bag-duping bug has been a problem since I started playing, and randomly flairs up on the forums. As I don't exploit, I don't know if it ever gets fixed, but it's possible that it doesn't and has always existed. That being said, the impact it will have on the economy is overblown. Plat is a useless, dead currency, and Astral Shards are a completely controlled currency. The value of random non-bound mats and collectables will drop in value, but what value did they really have before? Plat is limitless, do people really need to sit here and dupe to get more of it? And are there really that many people willing to spend Astral Shards for them?

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The bag-duping bug has been a problem since I started playing, and randomly flairs up on the forums. As I don't exploit, I don't know if it ever gets fixed, but it's possible that it doesn't and has always existed. That being said, the impact it will have on the economy is overblown. Plat is a useless, dead currency, and Astral Shards are a completely controlled currency. The value of random non-bound mats and collectables will drop in value, but what value did they really have before? Plat is limitless, do people really need to sit here and dupe to get more of it? And are there really that many people willing to spend Astral Shards for them?
    I don't care about the economy I want more rage and doom, a rollback will give me that.

Community Member

It may not destroy "the economy" but it has destroyed the value of a number of formerly rare and valuable items. Doesn't affect me personally but I can imagine that people who worked hard to get those items -- or even paid real cash for shards to buy them -- might be quite annoyed.

Even if this has existed for a while, the cat is out of the bag now. The silent treatment isn't going to cut it.

Hero

I don't know how to do it and have never investigated it, but I've heard rumors about this since u19 released, if they rolled back they'd have to probably roll back till then. Come on rollback I want some forum entertainment.
    Just goes to show I uninformed I am.

How about just rollback the servers where this has taken place. Leave Argo as is. I'd also really like to see the forum explode and I would probably keep and eye on the BBB site for Turbine. They also go nuts when things like this happen! (IE Maban)

It could really be the highlight of the year for DDO! Nothing would be remembered more about 2013. Everyone would know where they were and what they were doing when the Epic Rollback of '13 happened. It would be the first truly epic thing Turbine has done!

OG I better stop before I get too carried away!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    It may not destroy "the economy" but it has destroyed the value of a number of formerly rare and valuable items. Doesn't affect me personally but I can imagine that people who worked hard to get those items -- or even paid real cash for shards to buy them -- might be quite annoyed.

Even if this has existed for a while, the cat is out of the bag now. The silent treatment isn't going to cut it.
    I'm not sure what you'd like them to say? They don't comment on exploits. Is there anything they could possibly say to change the situation? If not, don't you feel you're being a bit needy?

Community Member

In the history of ddo I can only remember 1 rollback, and that was only a few hours after an update many many years ago. Personally I don't want to see a rollback, more a fix. And I don't mean a fix to fix it now, I'm referring to an actual fix, where this won't come back in an update/patch or two later. That to me is the biggest problem with the game. Fixing something one patch, then it breaking once again a few patches later.
    Just look at the latest. Saga broke at expansion. Saga fixed at patch. Saga broke same patch. It's type of stuff like that, that makes people lose faith in anything being fixed and staying fixed.

As always... buyer beware.

I don't fell sorry for anyone.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Wait, they didn't even fix the exploit yet?

I can understand the reasoning behind leaving items as they are and not rolling back, but not the reasoning behind not fixing this.

It doesn't break the game, however it does make certain quests alot less likely to be run.

Oh, and when this got released into the wild, so as to speak, I assumed servers would be shut down almost immediately pending a fix, which I assumed would be within a day.
    Last edited by Sarzor; 10-07-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: One more thought

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post

I can understand the reasoning behind leaving items as they are and not rolling back, but not the reasoning behind not fixing this.

It doesn't break the game, however it does make certain quests alot less likely to be run.
    Do we really know if they've fixed the exploit? Anyone saying they didn't, must be exploiting! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post

Here's the reason,

Some duped items are put on the asah, things sold on the asah remove as from the game making those that like to buy with them need to buy more as from the ddo store, this makes Turbine more money.

Community Member

Here's the reason,

Some duped items are put on the asah, things sold on the asah remove as from the game making those that like to buy with them need to buy more as from the ddo store, this makes Turbine more money.
    That doesn't make sense... eventually the whole selling thing will crash. Why buy them when you can just dupe them yourself?

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default from other thread

Here is another thread skirting the same issue, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-sarlona-is-up

Although my little DDO universe is impacted, I'm not in favor of a rollback. I finally finished heroic Wheloon last night. The scaling/mobs in the last quest was brutal. No, please don't roll back!

That doesn't make sense... eventually the whole selling thing will crash. Why buy them when you can just dupe them yourself?
    Of course it will all crash eventually. But look at recent history with the banking crash of 2008, companies and those that run them are only out for increasing profits for that quarter and getting a bonus. If it crashes later that's ok, they'll either move onto the next scheme or get a golden parachute into retirement.

It's not just plat, its also selling these items for AS.
    Anything that goes in a bag can be duped apparently. Globes of Imperial Blood, Jewelers Toolkits, Tokens of the Twelve, Motes, eberron shards etc. It needs to be fixed ASAP, or Turbine will see a serious drop in the sale of augments/toolkits/true hearts of wood/XP potions and mana pots, just to name a few.

Here's the reason,

I think Turbine has more to lose if people are actually able to dupe endless mana and 20% xp pots. I don't have a dog in the fight as I will go farm my what I want, but I see This as a huge profit loss for Turbine if this is all going down.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I think Turbine has more to lose if people are actually able to dupe endless mana and 20% xp pots. I don't have a dog in the fight as I will go farm my what I want, but I see This as a huge profit loss for Turbine if this is all going down.
    long term loss and short term gain, I don't think most companies think about or care about longterm when they can get money fast in the short term.

Not a single peep from Turbine on this, and no action despite them knowing about it for days.

Speaks volumes.

Never mind a rollback. How about a fix? How about even acknowledging the people who are unhappy about the current situation?
    A rollback wouldn't happen because then they would have to go through the effort of refunding every single TP purchase that was made during that time, which would be a logistical nightmare which they lack the personnel to solve. However, I fully expected it to be fixed when they brought the servers down for maintenance this morning-- it was the PERFECT opportunity, and they should not have brought the servers up until it WAS fixed. They've extended maintenance/update windows plenty of times before-- people grumble but accept it. They are clearly aware of it because they have removed multiple threads about it over the last few days. That they brought the servers back up without fixing it either says they don't know what they are doing (and thus, they are incapable of fixing it in a timely manner) or they simply don't care and are willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game in order to boost the sales of specific items from the DDO store.

Also, since people have discussed the bug beyond general vagueities, expect this thread to be closed soon as well.
    Last edited by djl; 10-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Not sure a rollback is the answer, why punish everyone? Just figure out who exploited and delete their toons. Simple.

The exploit doesn't just effect those who do it, it effects everyone by degrading loot. There isn't much exciting loot-wise in the game as it is - removing the value of what is left is disappointing.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Lol can you imagine the hell!
    Dragon Monk... probably soon a close facsimile will be possible.

Community Member

Every time I think Turbine can't possibly behave in an even more inexplicable manner, I'm mistaken. They're hurting us, themselves, everyone except for the cheaters.

It's getting to be where soon the only point in playing will be to drop out of the economy and only use what you get yourself. Or just running stuff for fun with guildies.

I've never witnessed a company destroy its own product in this manner. Would make an interesting B-school case study.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast