Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Is there any point in playing atm pretty sure we need a server rollback ASAP!!!

Ya so like the topic says is there any point in playing right now due to the game breaking bug as of late. We definitely need a server rollback to address this issue but will we get one and if so when? I'm cool with a rollback I just don't want to keep on playing to gain nothing. Thoughts and comments? Dev response would be amazing. (for anyone who might ask I'm not going to post what the bug I'm referring to is but I'm sure most know exactly what I'm referring too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"
    http://soundboards.cubicleninja.com/

First. Clam down it's not "game breaking" it is economy damaging but not game breaking. Nothing that is going on will stop you from beating any MOB that you could beat 2 weeks ago, nor will it make it any easier really.

Second. There is NO WAY that they will do a server roll back, it's just not going to happen so asking for or demanding one is just going to leave you disappointed.

Third. Plenty of point in playing, there is this stuff called XP. Every quest hands some out to ya ... just sayin'

Sorry to say it but them's the breaks. One hopes that exploiters will be caught and dealt with but Turbine has had issues with catching the wrong people trying to automate banning so my expectation is that the most grevious transgressors will be dealt with appropriately but the extra material in the economy will likely stay until it's all used up. Chin up on that though with so much of it the prices are going to have to come down at some point so you might be able to get it all on the cheap if you can just tough it out a month or so.

Exploits are exploits, but I don't worry about how other people want to destroy their gaming time with.
    I worry about the fact that I'm running out of things to do other then making new alts. And I'm so alt'd out right now.

Community Member

the current exploit makes many rare and hard to get items as common as dirt .....if there is no consequences for cheating why should these people quit

everyday without a fix is another day more people find out about it and the more it spreads ....

I want the op to get his wish, I'd be able to sit back and eat popcorn for weeks from the rage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I want the op to get his wish, I'd be able to sit back and eat popcorn for weeks from the rage.
    This, without knowing how long this bug has been going on how do Turbine decide how long to roll back for.

I recently got to 20 another legend life toon, roll that back and yeah, I don't think I will be happy.

Anyways maybe there is positives from this bug??????

There's always a bright side.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Lol can you imagine the hell!

It hasn't even hit all servers yet has it?
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

The only thing that bothers me about the bug is that I don't know how to do it. If I did, I would be all over it.

Just being honest.

The p2w clouds the ability to just shut er down and roll er back as a simple solution. I brought this up in a few discussions on the subject, but of course like everything else, it was casually dismissed just like most things which are currently happening which I brought up in discussion ~3 years ago or so.

Will Turbines rollback include refunding all the money used to buy points bought to buy shards in order to buy things off the asah? If they roll back, and it affects people who bought points to buy items, people will claim if it were not for said item being on sale so cheap, they would not have bought the points to buy the shards to purchase the item in the first place. WHen point purchases and shard purchases are made to buy specific items, which get destroyed in the rollback, they would need to do money refunds, not just point refunds or shard refunds.

Due to real money AH (regardless of intermediate currency semantics) the ability to simply roll back and immediately fix such chicanery is clouded at best. They made their bed on this by installing a real money AH (regardless of intermediate currency semantics) into their game.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Imagnie someone who has farmed an RSS shard for years only to get rolled back and lose that shard.

Roll back won't happen.

And I guess I'm just clueless, because I'm not sure what bug/exploit your talking about.

Community Member

Not a single peep from Turbine on this, and no action despite them knowing about it for days.

Speaks volumes.

Never mind a rollback. How about a fix? How about even acknowledging the people who are unhappy about the current situation?

Community Member

Yeah, even if they just actually fixed it... but if it was going to happen wouldn't it have happened by now?
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    and the d000mm will be glorious.

Go team roll-back!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm clueless as always :/ But oh well, nothing new.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

This isn't even the first time this bug has existed. In fact, was it ever fixed or has it always existed, and people are just NOW catching on because of forum posts? Well either way, I hope they fix it soon, but the amount of doom is staggering.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    It hasn't even hit all servers yet has it?
    Judging from what I know of it, which admittedly isn't a whole heck of a lot, it hasn't gotten anywhere near Argo yet.

A rollback is a very last option. To rollback 3 if not more days of gaming progress would do far more damage than any possible exploit now.

D3 didn't do one when their RMAH was used to dupe billions and billions of gold. A rollback was deemed more detrimental. But one thing is that Blizzard was forthcoming about what happened (once they isolated it) and the steps they were taking to try to correct it and prevent it from happening again. Turbine will deny it and hope it goes away and then pretend nothing happened.

Most people don't think about the far sweeping and real impact a rollback can have.

Community Member

There's no point for you to play. I'll keep on tho! #TheStruggle

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Judging from what I know of it, which admittedly isn't a whole heck of a lot, it hasn't gotten anywhere near Argo yet.

A rollback is a very last option. To rollback 3 if not more days of gaming progress would do far more damage than any possible exploit now.

D3 didn't do one when their RMAH was used to dupe billions and billions of gold. A rollback was deemed more detrimental. But one thing is that Blizzard was forthcoming about what happened (once they isolated it) and the steps they were taking to try to correct it and prevent it from happening again. Turbine will deny it and hope it goes away and then pretend nothing happened.

Most people don't think about the far sweeping and real impact a rollback can have.
    I don't know how to do it and have never investigated it, but I've heard rumors about this since u19 released, if they rolled back they'd have to probably roll back till then. Come on rollback I want some forum entertainment.

I didnt notice anything weird on Thelanis.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast