Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grynberg View Post
    EDIT: I had a brief look at what people have been suggesting here and there's been a bit too much odd and hard to obtain (read: grindy) gear. You can do great with a lot more basic items that don't need grinding of any kind.
    I agree with EllisDee in that just about anything Nightforge is about as low-grind you can get for named items that are actually worth something…especially with the augment slots they now have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grynberg View Post
    What I'd suggest for lets say level 11:

    Head: +6 intelligence for traps (random)
    Necklace: +6 constitution (random)
    Belt: Greater false life (random)
    Gloves: +6 dexterity (random)
    Bracers: +6 strength (random)
    Ring1: Deadly ring (random)
    Boots: Striding +30% (random)
    Cloak: +6 charisma (random loot)
    Armor: +5 Invulnerablity armor of your preference. (Cannith crafting)/Deathblock item.
    Googles: +5 resistance (random)/+x search/+x disable for trapping (random loot)
    Ring2: Heavy fortification (random)

    This should be the bare minimum you should have on you. Start with these items and work on from there on.
    I don’t think you’re going to be able to touch a +6 item until mid-teens (maybe 14). Your best, most realistic bet is a +5 item. And that will usually be on a random loot item with Masterful Craftsmanship attribute. Likewise, I have yet to see a 30% striding item at this level even with a Masterful Craftsmanship attribute. So I think your expectations for lvl 11 are a big on the high side.

    And unless you have uber crafting levels for Cannith Crafting, that deathblock item is going to be armor, almost exclusively. I’ve been checking the AH on my server, and cannot find a Deathblock necklace to save my life. They used to drop. Now it is like they fell off the face of the earth.



    For potions you should ALWAYS carry:
    100x of remove curse, remove disease, neutralize poiton, lesser restoration, remove blindness (all obtainable from guild traders in house K or from marketplace). They last long and don't cost much but they are true life-savers and don't take an equipment slot (no need for blindness immunity for example when a pot will do)
    [/QUOTE]

    I agree on the pots, but disagree on Blindness Immunity item. When blinded in melee, it is pretty detrimental to have to quaff a pot while taking damage to get your sight back (only to get nailed by it again), than it is to be immune from the effects and have no interruption in your fight.

    It is always smart to keep the pots around, but I would shoot for the immunity item as being what’s recommended.

  2. #42
    Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    River of Optimism :)
    Posts
    676

    Default

    I'd recommend an immunity to blindness item (blindness immunity, blindness ward) over relying only on potions, just as the previous poster suggested. The first time you're knee deep in barbarian shaman, air mephits, or anything else that mucks up your character's vision, you'll regret it if you're relying on drinking "remove blindness" potions Every ... Single ... Time ... your character gets blinded.

    The blindness immunity affix for goggles takes divine crafting level 25, which means you need divine crafting built up to 15 or better to be able to craft blindness ward goggles for a "switch" item, when fighting mobs that blind your character. Level 15+ divine crafting is an achievable mid-game goal, even for a F2P soloist with no help from others and no AH use.

  3. #43
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    I'd recommend an immunity to blindness item (blindness immunity, blindness ward) over relying only on potions, just as the previous poster suggested. The first time you're knee deep in barbarian shaman, air mephits, or anything else that mucks up your character's vision, you'll regret it if you're relying on drinking "remove blindness" potions Every ... Single ... Time ... your character gets blinded.
    I've never been overly bothered by mephits. 4 seconds of blindness... I'll auto attack for 4 seconds, then cleave *2.
    I only bother with blindness pots for longer doses. (>30 seconds, else I'll just shrug it off.)

    Then again, you're talking to the person that has no DR breakers for harry..
    And was the only person that didn't die in pt 5 on elite. (So I took out harry without a DR breaker as a 28 pt. Was fun. Not doing it again.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    A side-note about this:

    You know, post-u19 I was genuinely shocked when I crafted a moderate fortification item for my rogue this time. I thought, originally, that moderate fort was a 50% increase, but crafted it was actually 75%. With a Masterful Craftsmanship shard, I was able to outfit my rogue at very low levels with a better fortification than I would have been able to obtain otherwise. I think I equipped this item around lvl 5 or lvl 6. The best that I could get in this range was something like 60%, tops.

    Now that I am in the low teens, I need to upgrade, but still that is a major boon with it comes to crafting.
    Hah.

  4. #44
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Then again, you're talking to the person that has no DR breakers for harry..
    And was the only person that didn't die in pt 5 on elite. (So I took out harry without a DR breaker as a 28 pt. Was fun. Not doing it again.)

    Hah.

    LOL. So YOU were that guy...!

    Seriously, I was on a couple of those types of runs where everyone is dead, and some guy is out there hammering away with a billion CSW pots and a weapon against Harry for about 30 minutes, and he's the guy that saves the day.

  5. #45
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    LOL. So YOU were that guy...!

    Seriously, I was on a couple of those types of runs where everyone is dead, and some guy is out there hammering away with a billion CSW pots and a weapon against Harry for about 30 minutes, and he's the guy that saves the day.
    I wasn't in the mood to die.

    It was actually heal scrolls on my side, cleric dill. I did raise people, but.. well.
    With two hjealzers dead, the melees fell like flies - neither hjealzer had sp or pots either.
    And then the melees refused to accept the raise.

    Ah well. I got my loot. They got repair fees. We're all happy. (Hint hint, don't get between me and the chests)

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    And unless you have uber crafting levels for Cannith Crafting, that deathblock item is going to be armor, almost exclusively. I’ve been checking the AH on my server, and cannot find a Deathblock necklace to save my life. They used to drop. Now it is like they fell off the face of the earth.
    For deathblock on my first lives I used the easily-farmed Sacred Helm as a situational swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grynberg View Post
    I was saying getting generic items would probably work better. ElisDee said it's easier to get sora-kell though and I only said 'why not'.
    I was saying sora kell is better, not easier to get. Sora kell is grindier than buying random lootgen off the ah but it's still not particularly hard to farm up. It's also essentially a "greensteel primer" in terms of exposing new players to DDO loot grind. Far, far easier to make a sora kell set than create even a single dual-shard greensteel item, but the general mechanics are there.

  7. #47
    Community Member Grynberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    For deathblock on my first lives I used the easily-farmed Sacred Helm as a situational swap.

    I was saying sora kell is better, not easier to get. Sora kell is grindier than buying random lootgen off the ah but it's still not particularly hard to farm up. It's also essentially a "greensteel primer" in terms of exposing new players to DDO loot grind. Far, far easier to make a sora kell set than create even a single dual-shard greensteel item, but the general mechanics are there.
    Ah! I must have misunderstood you then. Yes, I agree with this.

    Sacred Helm is a very nice tip! Not too grindy and loads almost every time as an end-reward. I'm using that one on every TR from 7 to 11. Loads in red ferns i think.
    Player of Garach - 48 TR, 13 IR, 21 ER

  8. #48
    Community Member Rykka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I agree with EllisDee in that just about anything Nightforge is about as low-grind you can get for named items that are actually worth something…especially with the augment slots they now have.



    I don’t think you’re going to be able to touch a +6 item until mid-teens (maybe 14). Your best, most realistic bet is a +5 item. And that will usually be on a random loot item with Masterful Craftsmanship attribute. Likewise, I have yet to see a 30% striding item at this level even with a Masterful Craftsmanship attribute. So I think your expectations for lvl 11 are a big on the high side.

    And unless you have uber crafting levels for Cannith Crafting, that deathblock item is going to be armor, almost exclusively. I’ve been checking the AH on my server, and cannot find a Deathblock necklace to save my life. They used to drop. Now it is like they fell off the face of the earth.



    For potions you should ALWAYS carry:
    100x of remove curse, remove disease, neutralize poiton, lesser restoration, remove blindness (all obtainable from guild traders in house K or from marketplace). They last long and don't cost much but they are true life-savers and don't take an equipment slot (no need for blindness immunity for example when a pot will do)
    I agree on the pots, but disagree on Blindness Immunity item. When blinded in melee, it is pretty detrimental to have to quaff a pot while taking damage to get your sight back (only to get nailed by it again), than it is to be immune from the effects and have no interruption in your fight.

    It is always smart to keep the pots around, but I would shoot for the immunity item as being what’s recommended.[/QUOTE]

    I thought I'd chime in on the state noob aquistions, as I'm eminately qualified there.

    Currently at L13 on a first lifer Ranger Trapper build that is about 6 weeks old. I have Teraza's Wit (not upgraded yet), Snakeskin Vest and 2 +6 Attrib items (Str and Cha) that came out of chests. Getting 6 +4s was pretty easy through pawn and AH. But people aren't selling off their +6s as much, when they do it tends to be the "wrong" slot. Having a +6 Attribute Ring/Goggle/Boots cuts down a lot of options, or atleast forces you to carry around a lot of redundant gear for swapouts. On a high Str character this isn't much of a limitation unless you miss swapping out the right item set and charge a beholder w/o deathblock.

    I'm curious why Elemental Mithral Breastplate doesn't get mentioned more as desireable loot. ML8 AC14 lightarmor with a Green and a yellow slot seems pretty versatile if you don't mind invesing a couple of hundred TP in a fort sapphire and a deathblock. I've had no luck at getting it, but it seems the perfect compliment to Snakeskin Vest.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    I'm curious why Elemental Mithral Breastplate doesn't get mentioned more as desireable loot. ML8 AC14 lightarmor with a Green and a yellow slot seems pretty versatile if you don't mind invesing a couple of hundred TP in a fort sapphire and a deathblock. I've had no luck at getting it, but it seems the perfect compliment to Snakeskin Vest.
    It is indeed very good armor, but I didn't mention it because it's from the Tempest Spine end chest. Getting those items is (IMO) too grindy to recommend to new players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload