Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Monstruito View Post
    Hi, I'm pretty new to this game, I played it in 2011 and only played it 6 months, then I left it, so with all this changes I'm a bit lost.
    I was looking for a nice caster build (I'm tired of pale masters and ele wizards) and I find yours (what it's amazing dude, gratz) but I have a few questions:

Is this build still viable?
    Since I'm making a character from 0 I have to adapt your build to a 32p build. What would be in your opinion the stats for a 32p build?
    In the feat section you said you would like to replace augment summoning and extend. What feats would you choose for their replacement?
    How many points do I have to put in UMD and intimidate?
    would you recommend me to use tomes in my first lives?
    what aligment would work better with a druid?
    what about class feats?

Thanks in advange bro. Peace.
    Yep the build is current and viable, I keep it updated regularly. All the solo EE videos in my post are from the past couple months. For a 32 point build you can just max con and wis and if you have extra points then go for int for more skill points.

In the feat section it indicates which feats you're swapping at which level, which is at L15 replace Augment Summoning with Improved Shield Mastery. Then at around L18-20ish you can replace Extend for Spell Focus: Evocation.

You'll want to max out intimidate if you want to end up tanking raid bosses, but if you don't feel you want to take it to that level, you can cut a few points out. Even if you're not using for raid bosses, intimidate is nice to pull aggro away from your party and into your CC and AOE spells, as well as to keep aggro off your wolf.

For UMD, you need 36 for no-fail Raise Dead scrolls (Teleport is also 36), that should be your minimum goal. Preferrably 44 for no-fail Resurrection scrolls. On a first lifer you'll want to max out UMD if you can.

If it's a first life toon, might want to wait on tomes until you're sure you like the build and plan on keeping it. Once you're sure, use the best tomes you can. Con and Wis are highest priority.

For alignment, druids have to be some form of neutral but I'm really not sure that there's an optimum alignment for druid. I always just make mine true neutral.

For class feats on a druid it's just your wildshape forms. The only critical choice is make sure you take fire elemental form first at L13, which is when you have your first choice of elemental forms. Then you'll get water elemental at L17. For earlier forms, I recommend wolf first because it can be fun to melee as a wolf at low levels. So basically for class feats go wolf, bear, winter wolf, dire bear, fire elemental, water elemental.

I hope you enjoy the build! If you don't have a lot of experience playing DDO I think you'll appreciate this build that much more because druids are easy to solo, self healing, and this particular build is very survivable.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-21-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gk_zone View Post
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the build. I've been enjoying it so far. I went with a Autumnal Susrurrus for the -2 debuff on mobs. Since I'm still gearing out, my DC's could use the extra help.
    I'm glad you like the build, I've had a blast with it over the past couple years since druid came out. This build is the culmination of my playing druid since it was on Lamania, lolz. I recently took Autumnal Susurrus too just to play around with it again

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    i enjoyed reading your post and made me want to play a druid again,

i just have a couple of questions..

1)how are your reflex saves? - I had a druid that I LR+20'd because I put 8 dex like this build, and the reflex wasn't pretty on heroic Elites, causing me to kind of hate my druid. What are your final Reflex saves at 28? I noticed you also don't twist +6 reflex. Does it cause problems?

2)do u ever melee? - do you run low on sp causing you to need to melee? or are SLA's with echoes of power enough?
    My reflex save is 44, which isn't very good but it's never been a problem due to the high hp. I am constantly in melee, though it's just supplemental damage. The melee dps is poor, but one of the build designs is to be able to stay in the middle of your AOE and CC spells and fight there.

I have several solo EE videos linked at the bottom of my build, you can check them out to see play style and the build's ability to go toe-to-toe with EE mobs. All the videos are narrated with build tips and playstyle advice. This build will cut through any solo heroic elite quests and can solo most EE's, and I am only not saying all EE's here because there's a few left that I haven't tried to solo.

I don't have a problem with running out of SP, though I do have almost all the SP clickies, including 4 vile blasphemies. In any event, having the Torc is a huge part of the build since you're constantly in melee and taking hits, you are constantly generating SP from the Torc. Even without all the SP clickies, druids have so many SLA's that they tend to be less mana intensive than alot of other casters. To save a little on SP I recommend turning maximize and empower off for Earthquake because it's just the knockdown ability you care most about and the damage isn't good enough to merit using max and empower. Similarly, you can turn off max and empower for the regular version of Sunburst, since it's the blinding ability that is most important. Can keep max and empower on for the SLA version of Sunburst. Also don't max and empower the regular version of Produce Flame, it's just not worth it imo. Keep quicken off for buffs, which will save a bit of mana as well. Waiting for Echoes can be frustrating so I wouldn't count on it but with all the SLAs, druids can destroy a small army with very little mana. All of my solo EE videos were done without drinking pots.

I hope you enjoy the build if you decide to try it!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-21-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Yep the build is current and viable, I keep it updated regularly. All the solo EE videos in my post are from the past couple months. For a 32 point build you can just max con and wis and if you have extra points then go for int for more skill points.

In the feat section it indicates which feats you're swapping at which level, which is at L15 replace Augment Summoning with Improved Shield Mastery. Then at around L18-20ish you can replace Extend for Spell Focus: Evocation.

You'll want to max out intimidate if you want to end up tanking raid bosses, but if you don't feel you want to take it to that level, you can cut a few points out. Even if you're not using for raid bosses, intimidate is nice to pull aggro away from your party and into your CC and AOE spells, as well as to keep aggro off your wolf.

For UMD, you need 36 for no-fail Raise Dead scrolls (Teleport is also 36), that should be your minimum goal. Preferrably 44 for no-fail Resurrection scrolls. On a first lifer you'll want to max out UMD if you can.

If it's a first life toon, might want to wait on tomes until you're sure you like the build and plan on keeping it. Once you're sure, use the best tomes you can. Con and Wis are highest priority.

For alignment, druids have to be some form of neutral but I'm really not sure that there's an optimum alignment for druid. I always just make mine true neutral.

For class feats on a druid it's just your wildshape forms. The only critical choice is make sure you take fire elemental form first at L13, which is when you have your first choice of elemental forms. Then you'll get water elemental at L17. For earlier forms, I recommend wolf first because it can be fun to melee as a wolf at low levels. So basically for class feats go wolf, bear, winter wolf, dire bear, fire elemental, water elemental.

I hope you enjoy the build! If you don't have a lot of experience playing DDO I think you'll appreciate this build that much more because druids are easy to solo, self healing, and this particular build is very survivable.
    Thanks a lot for your answer, you don't know how much that helped me lol.

I know this build is not focus in using your pet as dps but... what pet enhancements would you use for this build? Thanks a lot for your answer seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Monstruito View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answer, you don't know how much that helped me lol.

I know this build is not focus in using your pet as dps but... what pet enhancements would you use for this build? Thanks a lot for your answer seriously
    I used my wolf in my most recent video, so you can check it out if you want to see how it does on EE: Solo EE Maze of Madness

Having the evasion line wolf can be nice if you like to use your wolf to trigger traps, pull levers, etc. You'll need to take Cunning Wolf III and Wolf Instincts III for the first evasion enhancement. I would recommend against the Alpha Wolf line unless you like to only do normal questing. The Alpha Wolf line generates more aggro on your wolf, and he's squishy enough as it is so you don't want extra attention on him. It's a major disadvantage to let your wolf die because you lose HP and SP.

I've heard that a lot of the combat feats like trip aren't working, but I haven't personally verified. Definitely go for Opportunistic Bite and Lupine Onslaught, which has prereqs of Wolfpack Flanking II and Wolf Striding II respectively. Having a fast wolf can be nice so take up to Striding IV. Defintely take Wolfpack Bite IV. To get the Evasion II capstone (Improved Evasion) you'll need to work up to Cunning Wolf IV and Wolf Instincts IV. I also like to use Raging Wolf. Other than that, you can play around with the rest of your wolf's AP's
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-22-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Community Member

I used my wolf in my most recent video, so you can check it out if you want to see how it does on EE: Solo EE Maze of Madness

Having the evasion line wolf can be nice if you like to use your wolf to trigger traps, pull levers, etc. You'll need to take Cunning Wolf III and Wolf Instincts III for the first evasion enhancement. I would recommend against the Alpha Wolf line unless you like to only do normal questing. The Alpha Wolf line generates more aggro on your wolf, and he's squishy enough as it is so you don't want extra attention on him. It's a major disadvantage to let your wolf die because you lose HP and SP.

I've heard that a lot of the combat feats like trip aren't working, but I haven't personally verified. Definitely go for Opportunistic Bite and Lupine Onslaught, which has prereqs of Wolfpack Flanking II and Wolf Striding II respectively. Having a fast wolf can be nice so take up to Striding IV. Defintely take Wolfpack Bite IV. To get the Evasion II capstone (Improved Evasion) you'll need to work up to Cunning Wolf IV and Wolf Instincts IV. I also like to use Raging Wolf. Other than that, you can play around with the rest of your wolf's AP's
    Thanks a lot dude, I'm enjoying this build so much, I'll stalk you with more question from time to time lol.

Default Intim Breakdown

Can you breakdown your initim for me. Just curious I certainly don't have all the gear you do, and am trying a few of my own things.

However I do have a +15 colorless intim slotted already and maxed out Intim and am only sitting at the high 60's for Intim. Just curious how you have gotten 93.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

SPELLS (an overview of some druid spells)

Druids get 6 offensive spells as spell-like abilities, which is a major sp saver. They have a SLA for each element (fire, cold, electric and acid) as well as a SLA that does light damage and another that does damage based on alignment (Word of Balance)
    What a great build. Thanks and+1 for posting.
    Would you mind posting your entire spell list, or a jpg showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    What a great build. Thanks and+1 for posting.
    Would you mind posting your entire spell list, or a jpg showing it.
    TYTY I have added a screenshot of my endgame spell list to the spells section of the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Can you breakdown your initim for me. Just curious I certainly don't have all the gear you do, and am trying a few of my own things.

However I do have a +15 colorless intim slotted already and maxed out Intim and am only sitting at the high 60's for Intim. Just curious how you have gotten 93.
    I'm using a Game Genie cheat code to get my intim to 93

[edited on 3/19/15 to reflect updated intim of 105]

23 Base
    25 Circle of Malevolence
    11 Charisma
    8 Epic Skills
    6 Green Steel exceptional charisma skills
    6 Unyielding Sentinel innate
    5 Tome
    4 Greater Heroism
    3 Throne Room ship buff
    3 Skill Mastery Stance (x3)
    3 Focused (Human enhancement)
    2 Completionist
    2 Good Luck
    2 Coin Lord Finishing School
    1 Skill Mastery (Human enhancement)
    1 Spider Cult Mask

105 Total
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 04-03-2015 at 03:07 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Very awesome build indeed. What would you do if it was a 28 point, first lifer? Do you think this loadout for selections would be as capable trying to build up the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Very awesome build indeed. What would you do if it was a 28 point, first lifer? Do you think this loadout for selections would be as capable trying to build up the gear?
    Thanks Seiko! Druids are one of the easiest classes to play and solo. For a first-lifer 28 pt build, start with max wis and con, everything else at 8. The build will work just fine, the tanking aspect is what will take the biggest hit on an undergeared toon, so a first-lifer will want to focus on the caster/healer side of things while working up the tanking ability as they gear up and load up on PL's.

Gingerspyce was a first-life cleric when druids came out and I never played her after cap unless my other healers were on timer for raids. So she wasn't well geared and when druids came out all I had on her was 1 cleric PL and modest gear. While not quite a first-lifer, she was pretty close when I started working on her as a druid
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 07-08-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Yea same recommendations. Skip the shield feats and stuff for a caster build.
    Gear out as a caster druid and then either do a Heroic TR or ETR and respect to shield tanking uses.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

I'm using a Game Genie cheat code to get my intim to 93

Base: 23
    Augment +15
    Charisma +10
    Epic Skills +8
    Green Steel exceptional charisma skills +6
    Unyielding Sentinel +6
    Greater Heroism +4
    Tome +4
    Throne Room ship buff +3
    3x Skill Mastery Stance +3
    Focused (Human enhancement) +3
    Completionist +2
    Good Luck +2
    Coin Lord Finishing School +2
    Skill Mastery (Human enhancement) +1
    Spider Cult Mask +1

Total=93
    Thanks,

Will have to take a look at my build tonite and see where I am missing out.

I know I have skipped Completionist, and Coin Lord Finishing, Spider Cult Mask, and the ETR feats (only got some primal and some divine at this point), I suspect my Charisma is pretty sub par at this point as well.

From Past druid lives I have been boosting INT to get Energy Burst DC's up. I might want to reverse that to Cha at some point.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Community Member

hi, build looks nice, but i have a question

im currently running something very similar, but with the exceptions of :

im a half elf (monk deli), witch gives me 40+ heal amp and +5 wis bonus to ac when centered

now i was wondering if it would be best to keep centered (thus dropping shield) or to go with being un-centered and stick with the shied

what path will make me more tanky?

(also i dropped toughness for mental toughness)
    Last edited by Dreadmaster1993; 07-28-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadmaster1993 View Post

im a half elf (monk deli), witch gives me 40+ heal amp and +5 wis bonus to ac when centered

now i was wondering if it would be best to keep centered (thus dropping shield) or to go with being un-centered and stick with the shied

TY! Sword and board will definitely make you more tanky. The build loses significant AC and some PRR without the shield. So unless you are melee focused with a quarterstaff or handwraps, then I'd say lose the monk dilettante and go sword and board. If your build is otherwise spec'd similar to mine, you won't miss the loss of healing amp. The strong defensive nature of the build, combined with the strong healing power makes it such that the 30% healing amp from the Improved Recovery line is more than adequate. You can check my Youtube videos to see how the build plays out in solo EE's and heroic elites.

On the other hand, if you are melee-focused, then this change may result in shifting the focus too much away from what you are trying to accomplish, as my build just has supplemental melee ability.

Hope that helps!

Community Member

TY! Sword and board will definitely make you more tanky. The build loses significant AC and some PRR without the shield. So unless you are melee focused with a quarterstaff or handwraps, then I'd say lose the monk dilettante and go sword and board. If your build is otherwise spec'd similar to mine, you won't miss the loss of healing amp. The strong defensive nature of the build, combined with the strong healing power makes it such that the 30% healing amp from the Improved Recovery line is more than adequate. You can check my Youtube videos to see how the build plays out in solo EE's and heroic elites.

On the other hand, if you are melee-focused, then this change may result in shifting the focus too much away from what you are trying to accomplish, as my build just has supplemental melee ability.

Hope that helps!
    it does in dome degree, but as a half elf , u can only pick up 20 healing amp, and its at the far end of the tree, so thas why i took monk (also due to lack of other deli's) , so that way i can pick op 20 amp at tear 2 and if i would need to another 20 at the last tear, being uncentered only nagates that 5 ac, so the only bad think about it is that i have that uncentered debuff thing on my bar,
    so would you still recommend dropping monk deli?, other choices are barb or cleric

just the only thing i found less eff w this build is that on lower heroic lvls, the low reflex really hurts you (im also not that geared)

it does in dome degree, but as a half elf , u can only pick up 20 healing amp, and its at the far end of the tree, so thas why i took monk (also due to lack of other deli's) , so that way i can pick op 20 amp at tear 2 and if i would need to another 20 at the last tear, being uncentered only nagates that 5 ac, so the only bad think about it is that i have that uncentered debuff thing on my bar,
    so would you still recommend dropping monk deli?, other choices are barb or cleric

just the only thing i found less eff w this build is that on lower heroic lvls, the low reflex really hurts you (im also not that geared)
    Unfortunately, with your starting stats half elf is an inferior option for this build when compared to human:
    The cleric diletante is useless to you. As for the barbarian dilly, it's such a small boost it's not worth investing ap in. With the options you're allowed monk dill is the best choice.

The helf monk dilletante does not require you to be centred for healing the healing amp aspect. So either invest 12ap Helf tree to get:

core 1 - versatile nature
    core 2 - Con
    core 3 - Damage boost
    Dilletante tier 1 - pre req for 10% amp
    Diletante tier 2 - pre req for 10% amp
    Dilletante tier 2 - healing amp
    Tier 2 - Healing amp

Going sword and board does effectively mean you're wasting 4ap in order to get your monk dilletante healing amp, but if you're looking for a tanking build sword and board is much better defensively than what your diletante will gain you.

10% healing amp is nice, but given the amount of healing a druid gets, I don't think that 10% healing amp from the monk dilly is worth 6ap, In your shoes I would instead do this:
    Ignore all the diletantes enhancements / feats, and only invest 6ap in the helf tree:

core 1 - versatile nature
    core 2 - con
    core 3 - damage boost
    tier 1 - focused (1 rank only)
    tier 2 - human healing amp

Like I said above, Helves are an inferior option for druids when compared to humans, the best helven dillies are arguably paladin and monk, but druids don't really need much healing amp, and charisma is a dump stat, so by proxy the best dillies are not a great choice. Your character can still be quite effective, but you'll get more out of your build by focusing your AP in the Druid trees than chasing dilettante bonuses.

Regarding your low reflex saves, be sure to get 1 rank in hide of the crocodile from the Natures warrior tree, it doesn't last long, but it's a life saver when you're trying to run through physical traps.

20% healing amp should be fine on a build that has strong healing ability. Healing amp is important for all builds, but less of a priority for a toon that has high positive spell power and can use an Empowered Heal spell on themselves. If you feel like you need more than 20% healing amp, you can use the PDK gloves or the new Iron Mitts (common drop from slayer area chests) from epic 3BC. Both are very easy to get and can be easily swapped into this build's gear set by slotting positive spell power on the shield instead of getting it from Gauntlets of Immortality.

If your goal is to be more tanky then definitely drop the monk dilettante and go sword and board. I don't think you will miss the healing amp and the added AC and PRR from the shield will offset some of healing amp loss by adding additional defense. Ultimately we are talking about survivability when weighing this option and where you are losing a little in one category (healing amp), you are gaining in others (AC and PRR).

Also, you say you are not well geared so let me know if you want some advice regarding cheap and easy replacements to any parts of the gear set I have listed.

I have been running this build on my druid. I am not quite as geared out as he is, but am more than happy with what I have currently.

I would not sacrifice the DR and additional AC for being centered with Monk dilly.

The heavy Shadow Dragon armor and shield are definitely the way to go. In my guild I have currently taken on kiting the Battle Ragers in the shadow dragon raid. I typically just stand in the middle of all five shield blocking. They only do like 10-20 pts of damage per swing. Occasionally I throw a renew on myself and all good.

I soloed the Demon Queen on EH without using a single pot.

I cannot imagine the DR and AC and PRR that I would lose by not going heavy armor, getting offset equally by only 20% heal amp.

Oh and fore my build I don't even have Empowered Healing and do no miss it at all. I took Enlarge instead. Being able to engage enemies before they can even see me is something that I have found more useful. The druid just has too much healing, and my defenses are too high to worry about the additional healing for myself.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast