Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    He does have arcane spell failure when using arcane scrolls, wands and spells. There is a reason its not called divine spell failure though.
    Oh yea that's right huh. LOL.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I LOVE my druid. Looking at different and interesting builds.My current build is a Shiradi Caster. Typically running as fire ellie for body of the sun. Though I am finding that I am tending to run in Water on EE for the Mantle of the Icy soul and reflex debuff with Ice Storm.
    I used to run in Shiradi til they changed how the procs work a while back. Then I switched to Primal Avatar for a long time and just used Unyeilding Sentinel for raid tanking. But with the recent changes to Sentinel, I just can't resist the extra con, hp, threat gen and renewel!
    I take it you just added that, due to the shadow armor? Which I take it is not considered metal and thus works for Druids.
    Yup, recently added. DR30/60 so pimp and nice slots too. Had to drop Epic Damage Reduction feat to take Heavy Armor Proficiency but the 10PRR loss was made up for by the extra PRR of heavy armor. Druids can wear any dragon armor because they are made of dragon scales, not metal. I was using green dragonscale until shadowscale came out. But that was mostly because the green leather version looks awesome. Nice sp savings too tho and also allowed for evasion when dual wielding with Primal Avatar evasion line.

Give this build a try, it's a lot of fun and very durable. Solo'd EEDQ this morning with it (tanking, not kiting) https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...EDQ-solo-druid
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 04-28-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    I used to run in Shiradi til they changed how the procs work a while back. Then I switched to Primal Avatar for a long time and just used Unyeilding Sentinel for raid tanking. But with the recent changes to Sentinel, I just can't resist the extra con, hp, threat gen and renewel!
    How exactly did they change how Shiradi procs?

Yup, recently added. DR30/60 so pimp and nice slots too. Had to drop Epic Damage Reduction feat to take Heavy Armor Proficiency but the 10PRR loss was made up for by the extra PRR of heavy armor. Druids can wear any dragon armor because they are made of dragon scales, not metal. I was using green dragonscale until shadowscale came out. But that was mostly because the green leather version looks awesome. Nice sp savings too tho and also allowed for evasion when dual wielding with Primal Avatar evasion line.
    I am not sure that I would make the shadow armor till I get a sense of this build and if this is what I really want to do.

You think Greenscale Heavy Armor would work just as well, I got a bunch of those that have been collecting dust.

Just curious as to your ideas for gear set up without the shadow weapons. What were you running with then? And where you still tanking similarly to what you have laid out?

Give this build a try, it's a lot of fun and very durable. Solo'd EEDQ this morning with it (tanking, not kiting) https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...EDQ-solo-druid
    Yea that is how I stumbled on this build post.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

How exactly did they change how Shiradi procs? I am not sure that I would make the shadow armor till I get a sense of this build and if this is what I really want to do.You think Greenscale Heavy Armor would work just as well, I got a bunch of those that have been collecting dust. Just curious as to your ideas for gear set up without the shadow weapons. What were you running with then? And where you still tanking similarly to what you have laid out?Yea that is how I stumbled on this build post.
    Regarding Shiradi procs, iirc about a year ago they made some adjustments on how it proc'ed. The specific aspect as it relates to druid spells was that it no longer proc'ed every time an Ice Storm or Storm of Vengeance ticked damage, rather it now just has a chance for Shriradi procs the first time it does damage. This was the change that made me switch from Shiradi to Primal Avatar as my primary epic destiny. Although as I have stated, I recently switched to Unyielding Sentinel as my primary because I love the changes to it in U21!

Prior to having Thundeforged weapons, I was using Agony dagger from web and a +3 con planar focus of prowess for the PRR set bonus. And I was using Green Dragonscale Leather armor and was still tanking. I highly recommend the Shadowscale armor though, the 30/60 DR is so nice and the added PRR from heavy armor is nice too! I have +6 to evocation dc's on my Thunderforged scimitar now, but before that I was swapping out my Torc for Sage's Locket for EE wheloon and Stormhorns. I also have 150 glaciation on the T-forge scimi, which I used to have 120 festival glaciation on a randomly generated Spell Proofing shield I have. That's not something you can find any more and festival glaciation isn't available atm, so if not for that I would've slotted glaciation in the red slot of Agony. If not for the spell proofing shield, I would've been using Madstone Aegis or epic Wall or Wood. The new Dethek Runestone shield from FTP looks nice but I haven't gotten it yet to play with.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 05-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Default Solo EEDQ video with narration

Solo EEDQ to demonstrate tanking ability with narration

What are the differences between 18/2 monk and a pure 20 druid?

Quote Originally Posted by DemorusII View Post
    What are the differences between 18/2 monk and a pure 20 druid?
    Generally speaking, forgoing the last 2 levels of druid, you lose 1 7th and 8th level spell slot and 2 9th level spell slots, and hierophant inherent ability, which gives +2 wisdom and +2 to caster level and max caster level for transmutation and conjuration spells (plus another ability that has never worked lol). Not a big deal, especially for a drunk wolf melee build, can also work well for a more traditional caster druid role.

On this build it wouldn't make sense, however, as it is a heavy armor and shield tankish kind of a build. Losing the armor and shield kills the AC. I switched from my shadowscale and madstone aegis to a frozen tunic and no shield and my AC went from 149 to 77, though with monk abilities and feats you could get it a little higher

Generally speaking, forgoing the last 2 levels of druid, you lose 1 7th and 8th level spell slot and 2 9th level spell slots, and hierophant inherent ability, which gives +2 wisdom and +2 to caster level and max caster level for transmutation and conjuration spells (plus another ability that has never worked lol). Not a big deal, especially for a drunk wolf melee build, can also work well for a more traditional caster druid role.

On this build it wouldn't make sense, however, as it is a heavy armor and shield tankish kind of a build. Losing the armor and shield kills the AC. I switched from my shadowscale and madstone aegis to a frozen tunic and no shield and my AC went from 149 to 77, though with monk abilities and feats you could get it a little higher
    The splash can get the +2 wisdom back from being in water stance but as druids get a very bad reflex the evasion is not that good unless you twist +6 reflex from magister for example but still not great...

I would only splash monk for wolf, melee or ranged builds.

I really like this take on the druid I bet you have saved more than a few wipes
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Smile another video - solo EE Breaking the Ranks

Wanted to do a solo video that was higher level than the last couple. Here is EE Breaking the Ranks, with narration. No perching, no mana pots used

Thanks for the positive feedback to those that contacted me in game to say they enjoyed the other videos, hope you enjoy this one too!

Community Member

great job!

Community Member

DC of energy burst is pretty low but seems to work ok. I'm guessing lower 40's for DC on it after mantle kicks in ? Have you ever considered picking up Autumnal Susurrus in seasons herald, earthquake does give the debuff it must be considered to be an acid spell.

Community Member

Default Animal form ?

Could this be adapted to an animal form build? Water elemental big draw is the mantle for the saves decrease and maybe the 1 caster level would boost ice dots. Fort increase does not matter in unyielding with brace and shadow armor hitting 175 easy then more with stand against the tide. With the low DC on energy burst your getting half damage on non evasion anyway most the the time, losing 5 dc from no mantle and stat decrease from forms might not be a factor. This could be deal breaker for the build, lack of damage without energy burst. Enhancements your looking at 5 human, 31 natures warrior, 43 seasons herald gaining 31 hp and 70ish positive spell power and in bear additional 20 prr and more AC and hp. Magic fang will give 15 more spellpower. Wolf form can be used for clean up and more free mana from shrike and works with dethek runestone really well. Could go with light armor and hit dodge cap of 19% and get 15/DR from shield which might not be enough compared to 30/60 but is an option. Bascially swapped out toughness feats for imp crit and shield deflection which you can block and attack with at the same time and stack with block energy from unyielding with fire/cold shield. Bear form has option for 20 temp mana on hit with more positive spellpower. SLA's are not effect by spell cooldowns from animal form and spells that are you don't want to be spamming.

Stats
    STR 10 with a deadly item and magic fang with dethek runestone you hit for 60 + sneak + weapon effects in wolf, not bad for a caster, slot 8 str somewhere
    DEX 14 reflex saves
    CON 14 this build isn't taking epic toughness
    INT 14 pick up tumble, shield block and tumble around, also more DC for energy burst
    WIS 18 standard
    CHA 8

8 normal feats
    spell focus evocation
    maximize
    quicken
    heighten
    improved critical for SHRIKE
    empower
    shield mastery
    improved shield mastery

3 epic feats
    heavy armor or dodge if you want light armor
    empower healing
    shield deflection

2 destiny feats
    spell power cold
    elusive target

TWISTS
    Magister 15% for -10 reflex save to make up for loss of mantle
    Magister 3 DC to evo
    unearthly reactions or coccoon

I think it might work, should be survivable but question mark is dps without energy burst. Would it be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush007 View Post
    DC of energy burst is pretty low but seems to work ok. I'm guessing lower 40's for DC on it after mantle kicks in ? Have you ever considered picking up Autumnal Susurrus in seasons herald, earthquake does give the debuff it must be considered to be an acid spell.
    43 standing burst dc without mantle. I didn't realize that Autumnal Susurrus works for Earthquake, that's pretty cool. Makes sense since EQ is an earthy spell and acid spells are considered earth spells. I have thought about using it but with all the other effects going on from all the cc and mantle, I don't feel I need it. I'd like to have it but I suppose more importantly I don't have 3 action points I want to take away from something else to get it. If I had 2 more AP's I'd get it because I have an extra point in human self sufficent: heal/repair that I don't care about.

...Actually on second thought I'm going to lose negotiator to try it out. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-06-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush007 View Post
    Could this be adapted to an animal form build? Water elemental big draw is the mantle for the saves decrease and maybe the 1 caster level would boost ice dots. Fort increase does not matter in unyielding with brace and shadow armor hitting 175 easy then more with stand against the tide. With the low DC on energy burst your getting half damage on non evasion anyway most the the time, losing 5 dc from no mantle and stat decrease from forms might not be a factor. This could be deal breaker for the build, lack of damage without energy burst. Enhancements your looking at 5 human, 31 natures warrior, 43 seasons herald gaining 31 hp and 70ish positive spell power and in bear additional 20 prr and more AC and hp. Magic fang will give 15 more spellpower. Wolf form can be used for clean up and more free mana from shrike and works with dethek runestone really well. Could go with light armor and hit dodge cap of 19% and get 15/DR from shield which might not be enough compared to 30/60 but is an option. Bascially swapped out toughness feats for imp crit and shield deflection which you can block and attack with at the same time and stack with block energy from unyielding with fire/cold shield. Bear form has option for 20 temp mana on hit with more positive spellpower. SLA's are not effect by spell cooldowns from animal form and spells that are you don't want to be spamming.

Stats
    STR 10 with a deadly item and magic fang with dethek runestone you hit for 60 + sneak + weapon effects in wolf, not bad for a caster, slot 8 str somewhere
    DEX 14 reflex saves
    CON 14 this build isn't taking epic toughness
    INT 14 pick up tumble, shield block and tumble around, also more DC for energy burst
    WIS 18 standard
    CHA 8

8 normal feats
    spell focus evocation
    maximize
    quicken
    heighten
    improved critical for SHRIKE
    empower
    shield mastery
    improved shield mastery

3 epic feats
    heavy armor or dodge if you want light armor
    empower healing
    shield deflection

2 destiny feats
    spell power cold
    elusive target

TWISTS
    Magister 15% for -10 reflex save to make up for loss of mantle
    Magister 3 DC to evo
    unearthly reactions or coccoon

I think it might work, should be survivable but question mark is dps without energy burst. Would it be enough ?
    The simple answer is no this build would not work with bear form because it changes the focus of the build too dramatically. At its core, this is a caster/healer build. Making the above adjustments changes the build from a caster/healer with some tanking ability to a more melee focused tank with some casting and healing ability. In other words, it's just a different build is all.

I see most people focusing on the -4 penalty to reflex saves that Mantle applies to mobs, but I think some people forget that it does quite a bit more, as it also infers a -25% mob movement speed penalty, -10% attack speed penalty and -4 to fort saves. Magister Evocation Augmentation 15% chance to give mobs -10 to reflex saves is a poor substitute for Mantle, especially considering that the true cost of picking up Evocation Augmentation is forgoing the other high-cost twist of the build, which is Energy Burst (at least until you get a crapton of fate points or forgo the 4th twist.)

I do appreciate the bonuses that water ele form gives in addition to the bonuses to spells (also provides +100% racial bonus to fort, immunity to stun, sleep, paralysis and poison immunity/saves). Animal forms just don't work for caster-focused druids because of the 2.5x cooldown penalty. No way as a caster druid would I want to wait 7.5 seconds between Greater Creeping Cold castings or 2.5 minutes between Storm of Vengeance, 12.5 seconds between Heal, etc.

Concerning Shield Deflection feat, I don't think this will work while fighting in animal form, as it states that you must be actively blocking to gain the benefit. While in animal form, a shield's bonus is in effect, but it's not considered actively blocking until you hit the shift key, which ceases attacking. If it does work in animal form while attacking then I assume it's a bug.

I would love to see more bear tanks out there, I've actually never seen one! But since tanking is not the primary focus of this build, a bear form spec'd druid is not where I would want to go with it. I am a caster at heart
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 06-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Concerning Shield Deflection feat, I don't think this will work while fighting in animal form, as it states that you must be actively blocking to gain the benefit. While in animal form, a shield's bonus is in effect, but it's not considered actively blocking until you hit the shift key, which ceases attacking. If it does work in animal for while attacking then I assume it's a bug.
    Shield blocking does not stop attacks at all in animal forms, windows having an automatic Shift sticky keys feature is absolutely amazing Simoultaneosly blocking and attacking is sweet, especially since shield deflection works too.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Shield blocking does not stop attacks at all in animal forms, windows having an automatic Shift sticky keys feature is absolutely amazing Simoultaneosly blocking and attacking is sweet, especially since shield deflection works too.
    lol, damn. I'm guessing not WAI

Community Member

I've noticed that you do not get the blocking DR, but you do get shield deflection. Wolf form simply doesn't have a blocking attack animation like human form. Human form you block and attack with shield and still get deflection and no shield DR. Wolf form you block and do your normal attack chain and gain shield deflection.

Swapped some feats around and tried out the tanky animal form version I posted. Bear is sitting at 133 AC, 19% dodge, 98 PRR, 1011 HP and 15 DR from dethek in unyielding. Went to elite plane of power because warden is a pain to stand in front of. Went fairly well tanking him, if he got lucky and had 2 hits a in row kite some to let renew get health back up. Found the level 2 fog spell for the non bypassable concealment to be really useful vs him and the marut. Mabar was easy, stand in one place in wolf form and block attack with some light spells thrown in. Could really see the shield blocking benefit here his firestorm hit me for 70 without using fireshield. The djinn I went water elemental, he hits harder than warden but less often because he likes to spam spells. Icestorm, earthquake, storm for trash and shield blocked/tumbled to reduce lightning damage. Dotted and SLA'd him down.

The increased defensive is really noticeable, I should of tried unyielding some time ago.

Community Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to this game, I played it in 2011 and only played it 6 months, then I left it, so with all this changes I'm a bit lost.
    I was looking for a nice caster build (I'm tired of pale masters and ele wizards) and I find yours (what it's amazing dude, gratz) but I have a few questions:

Is this build still viable?
    Since I'm making a character from 0 I have to adapt your build to a 32p build. What would be in your opinion the stats for a 32p build?
    In the feat section you said you would like to replace augment summoning and extend. What feats would you choose for their replacement?
    How many points do I have to put in UMD and intimidate?
    would you recommend me to use tomes in my first lives?
    what aligment would work better with a druid?
    what about class feats?

Thanks in advange bro. Peace.
    Last edited by Monstruito; 06-21-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Community Member

Default Enhancements

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the build. I've been enjoying it so far. I went with a Autumnal Susrurrus for the -2 debuff on mobs. Since I'm still gearing out, my DC's could use the extra help.

Community Member

i enjoyed reading your post and made me want to play a druid again,

i just have a couple of questions..

1)how are your reflex saves? - I had a druid that I LR+20'd because I put 8 dex like this build, and the reflex wasn't pretty on heroic Elites, causing me to kind of hate my druid. What are your final Reflex saves at 28? I noticed you also don't twist +6 reflex. Does it cause problems?

2)do u ever melee? - do you run low on sp causing you to need to melee? or are SLA's with echoes of power enough?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast