Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    After all a level 100 ship with a potential to have that many Chests available all to oneself is tempting.
    It will never happen.

Any guild leader able to bring together a level 100 guild + multiple astral shard airships + tons of banked renown is a serious enough player to be able to:

A) Form a second F2P account, dual box and transfer items to the secondary account(s).

B) Use earned TP points from leveling up toons to buy a few alts and transfer items to those toons.

C) Complain that guild chests do not allow more BtC inventory which is the main inventory problem.

D) Realize that DDO is a luxury form of entertainment involving a social game which involves interaction with other people.

E) Puff up with pride at how much banked renown their guild has.
    Or if someone leaves on bad terms it does nothing and is nothing if the leader has banked 50 million renown.
    The leader will care, reputation is very important to most guild leaders.

Try soloing EE Fot or EE CitW...
    It could happen sooner than we think since Sagas are now giving out such huge chunks of renown now.
    Thank goodness high guild levels are now available to more than the elite six man guilds.
    I think it is prudent to start thinking about making ships able to reach level 150.
    I would comment more on this statement but a very common NDA forbids me from doing so.
    So I will not talk about what I cannot talk about even though it is less than others know on the subject.
    What do you (forum community) think?
    I like banking guild renown.
    I like no decay.
    I like the idea of gaining extra guild levels for prestige even without any benefits.
    I like the thought of dreaming that someday something more might be added.

BWahahahahaha..

Seriously. "people" complained about guild renown and how hard it was to hit and hold level 100, never mind that it didn't mean anything. Here's a hint, being above 93 does abso-smurfly-nothing.

So turbine responds by eventually knuckling under and eliminating decay for all guilds everywhere.

Now "people" are going to complain that once you hit 100 there's nothing to strive for and so there must be more guild levels added.

Sure, tell ya what then lets let guild levels go to 500. However anything over 93 doesn't do anything. Naaah that is too predictable because the posts will be all about how it's "useless" etc....

*Sigh*

No, no we walk down this road and all of a sudden Guild buffs are going to have to be ED levels of strength, the power creep this game seems to love will demand nothing less.

If this appears to be a problem then I say bring back guild decay, I would still scale it to size and level but make it about half or so of what it was before and halt the decay at any level that qualifies you for a certain sized ship. Then you can feel that guild renown reward on your level 100 guild is doing something.
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 10-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The first thing I'd do is decide if guild renown is gone for good. If it is, then the "banking" of guild xp might as well go too. If more levels are added, I'm quite positive Turbine would just blank the xp bank before adding new levels anyway. They don't want people instantly capping as soon as a level increase goes live.

I'm not sure that many reputable guild leaders would kick everyone so they can fly around on their own ship. Leaving that many people on bad terms... well they might as well start being lonely on their ship because they'll be losing a lot of good friends. If the guild wasn't that tight and they were only there for the buffs, I'm sure the members can find some other guild like that to go to after they're kicked.

If the guild level is to raise, we need something compelling as far as rewards go to make people go out of their way for renown. I'd be very much against new more powerful buffs, but that's my personal preference. Add guild vendors at higher levels that sell DDO store exclusive items for plat instead of TP. Even make them gold seal only as a tradeoff. Spend a small amount of TP up front and the guild has plat access to enhanced heal scrolls on the ship or enhanced cure critical wounds pots. It's not anything more powerful than we already have, but it makes it more accessible. Those are the sort of buffs I'd want to see past level 100.
    Higher than level 100 buffs could include having:

1. A single person to talk to that instantly gives you every buff on the ship
    2. Buff timers that don't tick down in public areas
    3. Buffs that stay on your character until death

These could be the rewards for guild levels 110, 130, and 150 respectively if the goal is to have a max guild level of 150. Ideally people would come up with more ideas to add to these so we could have perks more often.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Based on the fact that the uppermost tier stat ship buffs are called "lesser", it's probable that the current guild cap was deliberately created with room for expansion.

I'm sure we'll get it eventually if it's determined to be necessary.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The alternative is they add 50 more levels and you cap instantly. Do you really see that alternative happening?
    How about they just add 10 more Levels:

Lvl 101 requires 50 million renown

Lvl 102 requires 100 million renown

Lvl 103 requires 150 million renown

etc. etc.

Then they can make each level give serious bonuses as well:

Lvl 101 - All Ship Buffs now last for 24 Hrs regardless of whether online or not.

Lvl 102 - +3 Str, Dex and Cha

Lvl 103 - +3 Con, Wis and Int

Lvl 104 - Guild Hall in Eveningstar {Has same Buffs etc. as Airship at no extra cost}

Lvl 105 - All Ship Buffs now last for 24 Hrs But Pause while Offline.

Lvl 106 - +4 Str, Dex and Cha

Lvl 107 - +4 Con, Wis and Int

Lvl 108 - All Members of Guild gain ability to Open Elite whether VIP or Not and without requiring 2 TRs!

Lvl 109 - Resist Shrines also add +20 Exceptional

Lvl 110 - No more than ONE Guild Per Server can be at Lvl 110 at any one time - Guild Decay per Week set at 1 Million Renown for this level only! - NO EXTRA BONUSES JUST BRAGGING RIGHTS.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    If you don't want decay then this is the outcome....
    Right.

Guild decay is a necessary evil.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Bring back decay. Scaled to guild size.
    Signed.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    But why?

Content is utterly trivial right now so why would we need even more powerful things on our boats?
    I'd like to do more with guild ships and such but none of it would require higher levels. There's no real need for it.
    No need for power, but time savers like a unique NPC or altar to get all ships amenities would be a nice addition.

Too many places in this game where we do the same thing over and over, Shroud, ship buffing ...
    Sometimes I feel like I have inherent DR 5/slash

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorpus View Post
    Based on the fact that the uppermost tier stat ship buffs are called "lesser", it's probable that the current guild cap was deliberately created with room for expansion.

I'm sure we'll get it eventually if it's determined to be necessary.
    plus 3 amenities is a bit much I think and is over powered. But they might just do it anyway.

They may also not allow guilds to level beyond 100, but then what to do with all the extra guild renown? This is something worth discussing. I gave my theories of what could happen, but most likely will not, but is what can happen and might happen. It is the status-quo of the game at the moment. Banked guild renown that surpasses guild level should be used for good and not evil.
    Spend the guild renown on ship fluff for quality of life on the ship. Bigger ships and other ideas mentioned in this thread.

All good answers. But one thing remains clear. Banked renown must be useful. 35 million renown above 50 million that is doing nothing stagnates the game imo.

Default guild 125

Guild 125 favor reward = Talk to one person and receive all the buffs on the ship!

Now that would be a favor reward everyone would work towards.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

2014 DDO Players Council

plus 3 amenities is a bit much I think and is over powered. But they might just do it anyway.
    They did recently jack up the most powerful stat items from +8 to +11. A mere +2 to +3 isn't nearly so much.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

level 101: Guild ship theme music.
    Guild level 125: Bigger Hot tub.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    They did recently jack up the most powerful stat items from +8 to +11. A mere +2 to +3 isn't nearly so much.
    At level 1 it is OP. So from what I have read level 20 + should have exclusive right to +3's.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cnynridr2 View Post
    Guild 125 favor reward = Talk to one person and receive all the buffs on the ship!

Now that would be a favor reward everyone would work towards.
    This has merit. It is well noted that eventually a big enough ship with enough amenities will take too long to get them all and the need for a one buff that includes all is just as good as walking and talking to all.

This is sound and makes good sense.
    This will probably cost a lot!

Guild level 140: Mariachi band

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Lvl 101 requires 50 million renown

Lvl 102 requires 100 million renown

Lvl 103 requires 150 million renown

etc. etc.

Then they can make each level give serious bonuses as well:

Lvl 101 - All Ship Buffs now last for 24 Hrs regardless of whether online or not.

Lvl 102 - +3 Str, Dex and Cha

Lvl 103 - +3 Con, Wis and Int

Lvl 104 - Guild Hall in Eveningstar {Has same Buffs etc. as Airship at no extra cost}

Lvl 105 - All Ship Buffs now last for 24 Hrs But Pause while Offline.

Lvl 106 - +4 Str, Dex and Cha

Lvl 107 - +4 Con, Wis and Int

Lvl 108 - All Members of Guild gain ability to Open Elite whether VIP or Not and without requiring 2 TRs!

Lvl 109 - Resist Shrines also add +20 Exceptional

Lvl 110 - No more than ONE Guild Per Server can be at Lvl 110 at any one time - Guild Decay per Week set at 1 Million Renown for this level only! - NO EXTRA BONUSES JUST BRAGGING RIGHTS.
    This is a nice solution to the cap overnight argument. It pretty much negates the possibility of a guild having so much renown that they become a powerhouse overnight. 100 million for level 101.

This makes sense also because of the time frame. Level 100 guilds have been around for a long time now and are banking! But not enough at the moment to go past level 101-120 depending on what they term guild renown per level should be. But to wait too long is going to hurt the game to the point of collapse. The time is now to start developing guilds past level 100. To wait too long is just asking for trouble. This game is new enough with guilds that it is still in a Golden Age and we must act now to preserve guilds for the long term. To wait too long will mean the crumbling of guilds. It is not too late.

In my professional opinion this game has only about a year left to come up with something since sagas have made guild renown easy.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-07-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

You have not convinced me of this one. Why are bragging rights key? Key in this game? why stop at 110? What is the purpose of this? Is there a game Emperor? The only guild to be level 110 is not what D&D is about.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-07-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Guild level 140: Mariachi band
    A guild with a live band! Nice!

You have not convinced me of this one. Why are bragging rights key?
    Because after level 60 that's essentially all you get anyway. The extra one or two percent you can get from the xp shrine after that amounts to almost nothing. Bragging rights is very much what guild level is all about after a certain point.

But also, Guild Level 150: A herald trumpets your arrival every time you step on the airship.

Maybe guild decay is key after all?

It should be part of guilds otherwise subterfuge and over compensating will result and the dev's need to explain why they came up with guild decay in the first place. It is the best solution in my opinion.

Otherwise you get a thread like mine started.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-08-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast