Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Power creep for guilds = no

Maybe being able to "spend" your banked renown on new amenities instead - nothing substantially powerful, like +4 stat buffs etc., but mostly cosmetic things, or convenience items like adding destinations to your Navigator.

Community Member

Add 100 additional guild levels but with no new rewards and make each level cost twice as much renown as the previous. Thus it will be for the status and showoff factor without any power implications - and by doubling the amount for each level it wont run out too soon again.

Problem solved.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    At level 1 it is OP. So from what I have read level 20 + should have exclusive right to +3's.
    Nah, an extra +1 to your stats at level 1 is nearly irrelevant. Nowhere near as OP as the elemental resistance 30.

But scaling would be a reasonable approach, for both stats and resistances. Maybe +1 and resist 10 at level 1, +2 and resist 20 and level 7, +3 and resist 30 at level 11. Why 7 and 11? Same as the spell, Resist Energy. Some of those lowbie quests with elemental traps & mob spells would become slightly dangerous again!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs up This is good actually for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Add 100 additional guild levels but with no new rewards and make each level cost twice as much renown as the previous. Thus it will be for the status and showoff factor without any power implications - and by doubling the amount for each level it wont run out too soon again.

Problem solved.
    This is a nice solution to double the renown per level above 100 and think about development toward rewards later.

Doubling the renown per level keeps up with the inflation of renown for guilds above 100. At the same time does not make any guilds in my opinion cap once this is finally addressed. It levels the playing field by a huge margin!

Can anyone state a guild renown if they so choose for bragging rights at this time in our community?

I have a level 39 guild ship all to my self. Started it at level one and have not had a member since (just mules). I will probably reach level 100 in the year 2025. 50 million is a lot! But I see level 100 guilds now. It has come to an age of the Golden Age of our Ships!

I can imagine level 100 Guild Music on a Ship with PVP arenas.

Community Member

how about at some lvl, the ability to make a custom guild emblem (custom through several drop boxes +maybe a few letters) which can be displayed using the same mechanics as that ribbon we had for the boston bombs thing, maybe more customisation as you gain more lvls

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'd vote for more room: afaik, event he biggest ship does not offer room for ALL amenities, how about changing that? I'm pretty sure the big ships can already house all the buffs etc, so adding an AH on top seems more convenience to me than power creep. Adding more destinations to the captain, mindflayer and planescaller (eveningstar!) would likewise get my vote.

And on the off chance Turbine is actually reading this and considering suggestions: A cosmetic altar. Go to the shop, buy a cosmetic "blanc", and crunch it in said altar together with that awesome looking armour/robe/docent/hat/whatever to make it a cosmetic armour/whatever so you can always look awesome regardless of level (sorry, awesome is NOT the word I'd use for the cosmetic stuff currently for sale!). I'm sure it's harder to code than merely adding extra hookpoints, but then, it would also bring in money from selling the cosmetic blancs.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123