Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Lightbulb Guilds need to go beyond level 100 eventually.

Guilds need to go beyond level 100 eventually. Right now even after level 100 the guild still earns renown and therefore so do the characters also 'bank' renown and also have a percentage that goes toward that guild.

If and when, and it will happen, the guild leader 'banks' 50 million renown they could in theory kick everyone out and own the level 100 ship. After all a level 100 ship with a potential to have that many Chests available all to oneself is tempting.

Or if someone leaves on bad terms it does nothing and is nothing if the leader has banked 50 million renown.

It could happen sooner than we think since Sagas are now giving out such huge chunks of renown now.

I think it is prudent to start thinking about making ships able to reach level 150.

What do you (forum community) think?

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Guilds need to go beyond level 100 eventually. Right now even after level 100 the guild still earns renown and therefore so do the characters also 'bank' renown and also have a percentage that goes toward that guild.

If and when, and it will happen, the guild leader 'banks' 50 million renown they could in theory kick everyone out and own the level 100 ship. After all a level 100 ship with a potential to have that many Chests available all to oneself is tempting.

Or if someone leaves on bad terms it does nothing and is nothing if the leader has banked 50 million renown.

It could happen sooner than we think since Sagas are now giving out such huge chunks of renown now.

I think it is prudent to start thinking about making ships able to reach level 150.

The first thing I'd do is decide if guild renown is gone for good. If it is, then the "banking" of guild xp might as well go too. If more levels are added, I'm quite positive Turbine would just blank the xp bank before adding new levels anyway. They don't want people instantly capping as soon as a level increase goes live.

I'm not sure that many reputable guild leaders would kick everyone so they can fly around on their own ship. Leaving that many people on bad terms... well they might as well start being lonely on their ship because they'll be losing a lot of good friends. If the guild wasn't that tight and they were only there for the buffs, I'm sure the members can find some other guild like that to go to after they're kicked.

If the guild level is to raise, we need something compelling as far as rewards go to make people go out of their way for renown. I'd be very much against new more powerful buffs, but that's my personal preference. Add guild vendors at higher levels that sell DDO store exclusive items for plat instead of TP. Even make them gold seal only as a tradeoff. Spend a small amount of TP up front and the guild has plat access to enhanced heal scrolls on the ship or enhanced cure critical wounds pots. It's not anything more powerful than we already have, but it makes it more accessible. Those are the sort of buffs I'd want to see past level 100.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

level 101: Guild ship theme music.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The first thing I'd do is decide if guild renown is gone for good. If it is, then the "banking" of guild xp might as well go too. If more levels are added, I'm quite positive Turbine would just blank the xp bank before adding new levels anyway. They don't want people instantly capping as soon as a level increase goes live.

<snip>
    I seriously hope not. Considering our guild is now at some 85 mill renowned I'd be seriously pi***d if they decided to just take 35 mill away from us.
    Just my 2 copper,
    Rawel

Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    I seriously hope not. Considering our guild is now at some 85 mill renowned I'd be seriously pi***d if they decided to just take 35 mill away from us.
    Just my 2 copper,
    Rawel
    The alternative is they add 50 more levels and you cap instantly. Do you really see that alternative happening?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

The alternative is they add 50 more levels and you cap instantly. Do you really see that alternative happening?
    it ain't likely, is it?

Perhaps a better solution would be to offer alternative guild amenities in addition to raising the cap

ships go to 150 with a few more slots, etc, whatever, plus maybe guild strongholds or EPIC ships only open to 20/25+ toons with +3/+4 ammenities etc?
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Default Would be nice to see guild levels raise past 100

I agree that the guild levels need to be increased in some fashion or another. Although our guild, the Crypt Crawlers, aren't close to hitting guild level 100 (we are at 58), I know that a number of guilds have reached this level and that more are approaching it. It would be nice to put that extra earned renown to good use in some shape or fashion. As for the rewards, not sure what to suggest at this point but extra minor buffs or possible other "fluff" could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Just my 2 copper,
    Rawel
    What level would a Guild be if it had 85 million renown?

110 maybe?

This is something that cannot be avoided in my opinion. So the longer they wait the worse it will become.

But why?

Content is utterly trivial right now so why would we need even more powerful things on our boats?
    I'd like to do more with guild ships and such but none of it would require higher levels. There's no real need for it.

Default I forgot to ask this.

1. Does any guild leader currently have 50 million renown? If yes, then do you want more Guild levels? Also have you ever kicked anyone out of the guild because you have 50 million?

2. Do guild leaders tend to take renown more often than the rest of the guild as rewards?

Default There will be a need for it in the far future that is why I am bringing it up now.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    But why?

Content is utterly trivial right now so why would we need even more powerful things on our boats?
    I'd like to do more with guild ships and such but none of it would require higher levels. There's no real need for it.
    I disagree, the future of this game must develop into more worthy content. There must be a need for it. Dungeons and Dragons is Dungeons and Dragons not because of Turbine, but because of the genre that started back in the late 60's. It is bigger than this game. This game must represent something with such a huge genre attached to it. I hope you are not right.

How about keeping level 100 and then enter into a whole new realm of possibilities. Level 100 ships get exclusive rights to spend any guild renown over 50 million towards fluff, such as banners that have been brought up in previous threads and Memnir's Idea of a Bulletin Board. On and On. Something to make it worth earning the guild renown.

Community Member

i really can't imagine any guild leader trashing a lvl100 guild just to have the barman all to their self. ship aside i assume any lvl100 guild comes with more important benefits like players to quest with or talk to. why would a leader throw all that away?

on the flip side if there are guild leaders like that out there then i can only assume it's a guild worth staying the heck away from

now that decay seems to be gone it is interesting to see talk about post lvl100 guilds, but i don't think there is any threat worth worrying about.

maybe open up more cosmetic options for higher levels, like black paint for the hull like he airship in the tide turns? or how about a trip to eveningstar from a new navigator?
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

2014 DDO Players Council

Bring back decay. Scaled to guild size.

Quit your guild and start a new one. It's like a guild TR!

Community Member

Default Larger Ship

I think Larger ship, Captian and officer Quarters with private chests. Guild Quests (similar to Saga's) but +1 to loot drops.

I agree, that stronger guild ship buffs should be avoided, but what about making the buffs last longer say 10 mins per 10 lvls so at lvl 150 they would last 2 hours instead of the usual 1. It's a convience thing.

they could also offer plat for longer buffs NPC's so that plat is worth more again. have the plat for buffs NPC's in the crew quarters only area.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I disagree, the future of this game must develop into more worthy content. There must be a need for it. Dungeons and Dragons is Dungeons and Dragons not because of Turbine, but because of the genre that started back in the late 60's. It is bigger than this game. This game must represent something with such a huge genre attached to it. I hope you are not right.

How about keeping level 100 and then enter into a whole new realm of possibilities. Level 100 ships get exclusive rights to spend any guild renown over 50 million towards fluff, such as banners that have been brought up in previous threads and Memnir's Idea of a Bulletin Board. On and On. Something to make it worth earning the guild renown.
    Have real, sizzling hot BACON at your airship! Only 10.000 reknown per strip!!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

If you don't want decay then this is the outcome....

Leave the system alone. Because once the current set of Devs start messing with it, the best you’ll get is a bunch of Deadly and Accuracy shrines, and nothing else.

If a guild leader banks 50 mil renown, and then boots everyone, good luck on keeping that renown. You burn your guildes, and the odds of them coming back to help you out is about nil. So it is highly unlikely that’ll happen.

Given some of the bizarre-o decisions being made as to the direction of this game, opening up guild levels for “modification” is akin to hand-feeding a pride of hungry lions out in the wild. It will NOT end well.

By the way, that Ghostbane addition to help new players with “undead” is working out SO well. It sucks killing just about every type of undead except Wrights. GREAT JOB!!!!

(And this is the same type of idiocy you now want expanding your guild…)

It does make sense to go beyond level 100, but we don't need more buffs to trivialize low level content. There is no decay right now, and it seems the devs still don't know what to do about it. More and more guilds are quickly rising in levels. With banked renown, a player could put a good dent in a guilds earned renown if they decide to quit the guild on bad terms, especially if decay starts up again. I think the devs need to consider "now what" when guilds reach level 100.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast