Community Member

Default citw raid loot MEH

Recently runned a citw normal raid.
    At end for twelve people organizing raid 40 to 50 minutes times spent. One citw raid weapon and nothing more.
    Seriously turbine you think we gonna go raid anymore? even fot drop commendation on normal or random stuff ( if they have not changed that also).
    Was very disappointed running one of end raid got only real trash from the chest.
    Quartermaster can explain to us what's going on with raid loot?
    People forget pinion forget weapons forget raid at all. Just summon monsters and mabar at will.

Yeah the drop rates are not that great, but not the worst in the game either.
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Honestly i agree.

Just compare FoT and CitW: FoT is shorter, gives AT LEAST 1 (or more, depending on difficulty) Commendation of Heroism per player and it's way easier to flag for it (3 + 1 quests compared to 3 chains). CitW loot table needs some love, dropping at least the same number of commendations dropping for FoT.

Btw, make a saga based on epic raids and put Commendations of Heroism as a reward (among others), this way you'll make people look at other epic raids again.

CitW drop rates can go die in a fire... My main has now had 3 "20th" lists, 60 something runs, way too many raid timers used, way too many hours sunk into staring at Lloth's rack, and still no @#$!ing Pinion. If I ever get it I will never run CitW again.

Quote Originally Posted by Melt-emi View Post
    Btw, make a saga based on epic raids and put Commendations of Heroism as a reward (among others), this way you'll make people look at other epic raids again.
    This is an interesting idea.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Melt-emi View Post
    Make Elite VOD, HOX drop either Commendation or Greater token of the Twelve.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

You ran the raid ONCE, and because you didn't get what you wanted in that ONE run, the raid and it's drop rates suck?
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

The raid needs more coms, the amount of coms you see in citw is pathetic, should be like FOT heck its alot longer and takes way longer to flag for, and to upgrade the weapons when you finally get the one you want? lol.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

You know, with some exceptions(and my obvious horrible loot luck), I don't think the drop rates are really all that bad in comparison to older raids.
    By and far the vast majority of the CITW's I've run(Somewhere around 100 or so) have seen weapons drop. Usually at least 2. Comms not so much, but still I've pulled at least enough just from CITW to fully upgrade 2 pinions.

Sure some other raids have better drop rates on certain items, but the rare items that are worth getting have just as bad, if not worse drop rates than the CITW items.

I think one of the main reasons the loot drops feel so bad in comparison to older raids is back in the day you had either raid night twice a week in which you ran 5-6 raids twice a week and you had the 3 day timers. So you usually saw some items you wanted/needed drop fairly often. Now people run on average 2 raids, FOT and CITW, and the don't wait out the 3 day timers. So you're running the same raids way more often(So no variety in the loot you're looking for), and it makes it seem worse than it is.

Case in point, I've done 80+ runs of CITW on my main looking for Cleaver. I've seen it drop twice, and lost the roll both times.(Wasn't on either 20th list)

I've done 100+ Von5/6 on my main and I haven't even seen a single SOS. Not to mention I've never pulled the shard/seal either...
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

To all people whining about bad Lloth and bad web loot or no o' Pinion:

Don't insult the loot goddess or the gift horse. We're not entitled to raid loot.

If you want a Pinion, roll a caster or some character that does not need Pinion and it might drop for you. It did drop for one of my casters twice; in the first 20 runs and also showed up in the 20th list.

Twilight, which is a caster item, is not good anymore due to the abundance of Spell Focus V items and Twilight is only Focus III; and not upgradable to V. Spell Power on it is also mediocre only at 120. Be glad that Pinion and other relic weapons are still highly demanded for level 28.

And for Sword of Shadows, by the same logic. Roll a range or caster character that does not need it and then TR to someone using that sword...

I suspect the loot goddess is chaotic in nature.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post

Don't insult the loot goddess or the gift horse. We're not entitled to raid loot.

If you want a Pinion, roll a caster or some character that does not need Pinion and it might drop for you. It did drop for one of my casters twice; in the first 20 runs and also showed up in the 20th list.

Twilight, which is a caster item, is not good anymore due to the abundance of Spell Focus V items and Twilight is only Focus III; and not upgradable to V. Spell Power on it is also mediocre only at 120. Be glad that Pinion and other relic weapons are still highly demanded for level 28.

And for Sword of Shadows, by the same logic. Roll a range or caster character that does not need it and then TR to someone using that sword...

Is this why a druid/monk rolled on, won, and looted an SoS in an EH VoN the other day? certainly seems like Lolth is up her old tricks...
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Quatermaster should answer to this.
    What i complaint is the fact that loot become trasher with the last few updates. before i could run normal and see something dropping weapons and commandation.
    NOW super TRASH!!!!!
    CITW is something you should run, but super trash loot make me don't want to run it anymore.

LOL!

I have a PM elf wizzy whose investments are in the racial tree, so I get *some* bow feats. The third time running CITW what should I pull? Pinion. I mean, I could use it (and do use it in low-SP or quests where I need to conserve SP) so I kept it. Otherwise, I would have put it up for a roll.

But the fact that you mentioned this almost made me laugh out loud….

Quote Originally Posted by Readcom View Post
    Quatermaster should answer to this.
    What i complaint is the fact that loot become trasher with the last few updates. before i could run normal and see something dropping weapons and commandation.
    NOW super TRASH!!!!!
    CITW is something you should run, but super trash loot make me don't want to run it anymore.

Or even worse: everything will have Ghostbane on it…

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default :d

Yes the drops rates are low, but overall if you run the raid at lease once a week you will get most the items over a 6 month period. BTW the Quil never dropped for me and a cool player passed me theirs. I'm still grateful for it. The most common drop for me was the Nigthmare. Its not uncommon to do EH and have no comms or named loot drop. Over that 6 month period I only had around 4 comms drop from that raid.

The last time I ran the raid I scored a Pinion b4 TR. It was a funny one, as I was in the 2nd group, because the first group wiped and the leader wanted all the Pinions passed to him. So I joined the 2nd group that sprang up as an alternative to group one. Where it got funny was at the end when 4 pinions dropped for the group I was in. I have only seen Quil, Nightmare, and Pinion have multiple drops in one completion out of all the items.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default :))

That always happens. The Quil goes to the caster and I get the caster loot. The caster usually does not take Quil and leaves it in chest or takes Quil and jams b4 I can offer to swap items. I've fiddled with the game settings many times to no avail. If you want WizSorc items play and arti. If you want Quil or Pinion, play a caster.