Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member Maelodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,224

    Default Rise of the Phoenix is awesome.

    I was soloing A Cabal For One on my Shintao and testing out new enhancements. I was rushing through on elite on my level 16 Monk with only half of my gear. It wasn't the best decision but I made it through... mostly. I sat there and beat on the end guy for what seemed like forever because I had my light heals going on and he kept healing himself. I thought he'd run out of spell points before the server went down, which he did not. This is why you carry Jade Strike, children, to prevent that from happening.

    ANYWHO I was fighting one of the conspirators, and I had cleared the rest of the room. He got a disintegrate off on me, which killed me instantly. What seemed like instinct I immediately thought "No, (screw) you" in my head and resurrected with Phoenix, punched him in the face with one of the awesome 3x critical earth stance punches, and he died instantly.

    It was an awesome "YES!" moment.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

  2. #2
    Community Member Gauthaag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I was soloing A Cabal For One on my Shintao and testing out new enhancements. I was rushing through on elite on my level 16 Monk with only half of my gear. It wasn't the best decision but I made it through... mostly. I sat there and beat on the end guy for what seemed like forever because I had my light heals going on and he kept healing himself. I thought he'd run out of spell points before the server went down, which he did not. This is why you carry Jade Strike, children, to prevent that from happening.

    ANYWHO I was fighting one of the conspirators, and I had cleared the rest of the room. He got a disintegrate off on me, which killed me instantly. What seemed like instinct I immediately thought "No, (screw) you" in my head and resurrected with Phoenix, punched him in the face with one of the awesome 3x critical earth stance punches, and he died instantly.

    It was an awesome "YES!" moment.
    Wow, the endboss is aberration, nonlawful outsider or undead? Last time i ve met him he was just hobgoblin
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As far as Gauthaag goes, don't let him get you riled up. This is what he does. Constantly.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    453

    Default

    There's nothing like a good self-rez, except perhaps for a self-rez that also does some sort of massive point-blank explosion. What was the name of the ability that did that in "City of Heroes"? You know, it might've been called Rise of the Phoenix too. Them Phoenixes have a lot to answer for!

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I was soloing A Cabal For One on my Shintao and testing out new enhancements. I was rushing through on elite on my level 16 Monk with only half of my gear. It wasn't the best decision but I made it through... mostly. I sat there and beat on the end guy for what seemed like forever because I had my light heals going on and he kept healing himself. I thought he'd run out of spell points before the server went down, which he did not. This is why you carry Jade Strike, children, to prevent that from happening.

    ANYWHO I was fighting one of the conspirators, and I had cleared the rest of the room. He got a disintegrate off on me, which killed me instantly. What seemed like instinct I immediately thought "No, (screw) you" in my head and resurrected with Phoenix, punched him in the face with one of the awesome 3x critical earth stance punches, and he died instantly.

    It was an awesome "YES!" moment.
    You know, it MIGHT be an awesome moment if it worked, but I have a monk on Khyber that it doesn't work on. Turned in a ticket, nada... and yes, I had over 100 ki when I died,in fact, I believe it was over 200 ki. Too many bugs with this, I'd rather they had left it the way it was before where you could raise others multiple times (it actually worked)

  5. #5
    Community Member Maelodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    There's nothing like a good self-rez, except perhaps for a self-rez that also does some sort of massive point-blank explosion. What was the name of the ability that did that in "City of Heroes"? You know, it might've been called Rise of the Phoenix too. Them Phoenixes have a lot to answer for!
    The original rise of the phoenix on Lamannia made it so it happened automatically and also did something like 1000 points of fire damage to everything around you as long as you had over 100 ki. I prefer this one, because you don't need to have over 100 ki to do it, and you can do it at your command. Monks have the greatest move speed, so you can get out of the fight or even bypass some areas and encounters with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    You know, it MIGHT be an awesome moment if it worked, but I have a monk on Khyber that it doesn't work on. Turned in a ticket, nada... and yes, I had over 100 ki when I died,in fact, I believe it was over 200 ki. Too many bugs with this, I'd rather they had left it the way it was before where you could raise others multiple times (it actually worked)
    I've discovered very quickly that the ticketing system doesn't really get answered at all. I've submitted three bugs which prevented me from playing, all of which I've needed to find a workaround to. I can't access the store at the moment, but otherwise I can play. I guess they aren't getting money from me right now even if I wanted to give it to them =P

    I understand they're understaffed, but that's something they should pay attention to. Along that strain- you may want to click it multiple times. Sometimes monk abilities won't actually be used but the animation and cooldown is displayed. Just click it again after this happens and it should work. I've only ever ressed while moving, so you may want to try that too, as well as resetting your enhancements.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

  6. #6
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Al-Qadim
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    You know, it MIGHT be an awesome moment if it worked, but I have a monk on Khyber that it doesn't work on. Turned in a ticket, nada... and yes, I had over 100 ki when I died,in fact, I believe it was over 200 ki. Too many bugs with this, I'd rather they had left it the way it was before where you could raise others multiple times (it actually worked)
    Yes, not working for my former Rockan Robin build too.

  7. #7
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I was soloing A Cabal For One on my Shintao and testing out new enhancements. I was rushing through on elite on my level 16 Monk with only half of my gear. It wasn't the best decision but I made it through... mostly. I sat there and beat on the end guy for what seemed like forever because I had my light heals going on and he kept healing himself. I thought he'd run out of spell points before the server went down, which he did not. This is why you carry Jade Strike, children, to prevent that from happening.

    ANYWHO I was fighting one of the conspirators, and I had cleared the rest of the room. He got a disintegrate off on me, which killed me instantly. What seemed like instinct I immediately thought "No, (screw) you" in my head and resurrected with Phoenix, punched him in the face with one of the awesome 3x critical earth stance punches, and he died instantly.

    It was an awesome "YES!" moment.
    So glad it worked for you but i find Rise of the Phoenix useless and a waste of points.

  8. #8
    Community Member Maelodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    So glad it worked for you but i find Rise of the Phoenix useless and a waste of points.
    The curatives are incredibly handy, so if you're getting those, there's no reason not to get Rise.

    If you don't get the curatives, there's no reason to get Rise. I was just trying it out- it's still very expensive, and hasn't made it into my "main" Shintao build because of the tightness of points. Soloing my way up to higher levels though, it has it's uses. If it doesn't work for you, hey, more power to you bro.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

  9. #9
    Community Member AzB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Yes, not working for my former Rockan Robin build too.
    I didn't get it to work once on my monk life.

  10. #10
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    The curatives are incredibly handy, so if you're getting those, there's no reason not to get Rise.

    If you don't get the curatives, there's no reason to get Rise. I was just trying it out- it's still very expensive, and hasn't made it into my "main" Shintao build because of the tightness of points. Soloing my way up to higher levels though, it has it's uses. If it doesn't work for you, hey, more power to you bro.

    As you can see im not the only one it dosent work on and if you need 100ki to get it to work it should be stated on the icon. As i said its useless. See below for the others that its not working for.



    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    You know, it MIGHT be an awesome moment if it worked, but I have a monk on Khyber that it doesn't work on. Turned in a ticket, nada... and yes, I had over 100 ki when I died,in fact, I believe it was over 200 ki. Too many bugs with this, I'd rather they had left it the way it was before where you could raise others multiple times (it actually worked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Yes, not working for my former Rockan Robin build too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I didn't get it to work once on my monk life.

  11. #11
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Yes, it's awesome in a "it's awesome we live in a world where someone get paid for developing something SO awful" way

  12. #12
    Community Member Maelodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    As you can see im not the only one it dosent work on and if you need 100ki to get it to work it should be stated on the icon. As i said its useless. See below for the others that its not working for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Yes, it's awesome in a "it's awesome we live in a world where someone get paid for developing something SO awful" way
    I'm not trying to start an argument. I don't know why it worked for me and not you. I like it, but the elemental curatives are more useful to me, I wasn't expecting this to be as fun as it us. You don't need 100 ki for it to work.

    I started this thread for funsies, it was a neat anecdote, really. I'm not planning on including it in my final build, just for solo leveling right now because when I die, it's a wipe.

    You don't need to prove me wrong, it's just a story. It works for me, and was useful in that situation. Calm down. I've read those posts and have offered some stuff to try, but otherwise I wouldn't know anymore than the next guy.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

  13. #13
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I'm not planning on including it in my final build.
    That's wise.

  14. #14
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I'm not trying to start an argument. I don't know why it worked for me and not you. I like it, but the elemental curatives are more useful to me, I wasn't expecting this to be as fun as it us. You don't need 100 ki for it to work.

    I started this thread for funsies, it was a neat anecdote, really. I'm not planning on including it in my final build, just for solo leveling right now because when I die, it's a wipe.

    You don't need to prove me wrong, it's just a story. It works for me, and was useful in that situation. Calm down. I've read those posts and have offered some stuff to try, but otherwise I wouldn't know anymore than the next guy.
    Im not doing what you state. Im just stating it dosent work for alot more players then it works. Sorry if you thought i was trying to do something else. Last time i will post in your thread. Have a nice day.

  15. #15
    Community Member Maelodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    That's wise.
    There's no reason to take an enhancement built around dying for endgame where everything is planned out anyway.

    For pugging and soloing though, it could save some wipes (since it's working for me)

    Ima halfling, btw. Maybe it's race?

    Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Im not doing what you state. Im just stating it dosent work for alot more players then it works. Sorry if you thought i was trying to do something else. Last time i will post in your thread. Have a nice day.
    You were just very abrupt, sounded like you wanted to argue about it. I didn't mean to offend you or get defensive, I'm sorry if that's how I came across. Just difficult to read you over the interwebs.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    I thought he'd run out of spell points before the server went down, which he did not.
    Just as a note, the above will never happen as all mob spell casters have infinite spell points.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload