Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wait, no one has asked "can I haz ur stuffs" yet?

I hear you Vellrad. The mix right now is off.

- TRing offers far less benefit in most cases - only a few things really benefit from the PL feat scaling. Much of the power is in the EDs now.
    - End game loot is really, not worth pursuing. Compare to the cap at 20 where people still farmed for things like Levik's, etc. Now, random lootgen is the way to go.
    - 28 hardly feels like a long-term cap. I suspect 30 is coming, and so is Epic Reincarnation.
    - With the quick cap raises in the past (and likely another in the future) the number of truly end-game options to run has shrunk considerably.

All this makes it difficult to really "aim" at something. None of the targets look that beneficial; most seem to involve spending a fair amount of time for something that is of limited (or possibly no) benefit.

I still have some useful TRs to do (caster types, maybe some fighter PLs on one guy) that will swing the needle enough on key gauges to keep me doing that, but you may not be in the same position.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Wait, no one has asked "can I haz ur stuffs" yet?
    Because like him, everyone already has all the loot they want.

/jk
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Follow me around and hjeal meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    This. Seriously, sometimes these elite powergamers sound borderline ********.
    Borderline? I think I went full-****** 2 years ago.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Follow me around and hjeal meh!
    You may get divine healing at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You may get divine healing at most.
    That still counts.

So have I given you a purpose?

Sub-basement of my own personal third hell.

You can stop posting that you're bored and want to know what's there to do past lvl28...

You could actually get up off your arse and go outside and do things productive like, oh I dunno, get a job, a girlfriend/wife... eat some real food that doesn't consist of "Twizzlers, poptarts, doritos, and Mt. Dew"....

Or you could just sit here and whine and gripe that there's nothing to do and wait to see how many people suggest things, only to have you reject them because you really are that bored.

Go out, live your life, and come back when you have done all there is to do at "lvl 28" in real life.
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

*I'm not sure I like these new forums..*

Community Member

Complaint about end game thread pretending to be a request for help thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vellrad View Post
    i leveled my character to 28, maxed all destinies on the way.

In the entire expansion, there is only a 1 item worth farming, but only if you have the right of 10 random versions (for my character, i don't really care for other builds).

And of course random loot with drop rate lower than million dollars on lottery, if you're looking for useful combination.

I log in, and spend most of my time at ship, whining on guild chat, or helping guildies running old, boring unrewarding quests, with fot once per 3 days.
    took you long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Uncle72 View Post
    You can stop posting that you're bored and want to know what's there to do past lvl28...

You could actually get up off your arse and go outside and do things productive like, oh I dunno, get a job, a girlfriend/wife... eat some real food that doesn't consist of "Twizzlers, poptarts, doritos, and Mt. Dew"....

Or you could just sit here and whine and gripe that there's nothing to do and wait to see how many people suggest things, only to have you reject them because you really are that bored.

Go out, live your life, and come back when you have done all there is to do at "lvl 28" in real life.
    I eat pizza every once in a while, and I really hate twizzlers. I've been married, and child support and spousal support are far too expensive, so I'll pass on going there again, tyvm.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

You're bored because you've done everything there is do to in this game. There is only so much content. Time for a new game or a new hobby.

Since you refuse to play other toons, sounds like you have officially beaten DDO (at least as far as your preferences go). You'll be happier to play other games and stop posting here.

Sub-basement of my own personal third hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    I eat pizza every once in a while, and I really hate twizzlers. I've been married, and child support and spousal support are far too expensive, so I'll pass on going there again, tyvm.
    Oh I can relate...thankfully my current wife plays too....
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

*I'm not sure I like these new forums..*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Uncle72 View Post
    Oh I can relate...thankfully my current wife plays too....
    Wow . .. you put a PC in the kitchen?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Play another game until they create endgame content... that's what I do.
    Solo every raid on elite in permadeath mode.....have you done that yet

Default LOG OFF! eh?

Log off, and find something better to do. Really.

Here's an idea. (if you are playing DDO for a D&D fix, that is).

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8x6l
    The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.
    *a D&D experience.
    *no internet required.
    *from 1-6 players.
    *Character "decks" progress over the next year's content releases (bi-monthly) from LVLS 1-20.
    *it has DICE!

A good run-thru of the gameplay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiP_Fi0Xd0k

Enjoy.
    ~Thus we are met, in a time that is no longer a time, at a place that is no longer a place, for we are between the worlds and beyond.~

Here is a suggestion (not sure how it will go with your personality though):

You have "Mastered Everything", based on your responses you still want to play the game and find some fun in it, but you don't want to just re-do stuff...

It is time to Teach... yes, give back to the community by honoring those that helped you along the way (don't kid yourself there are very few people that were self taught in this game)

Teaching some of the older raids or even raids that don't get played much anymore, that may no longer have gear that is useful at CAP, but at one time gave the DDO community years of enjoyment.

Teaching will allow you to see these Raids/Quests from the perspective of someone that has not been there and done that yet, it can re-spark why you enjoyed playing DDO and it can help by strengthening the community meaning more people to run quests/raids with.

I found by teaching raids I was dispelling some of the myths of how difficult they were as this frightened people from even running them.

Of course if you don't get along with people or don't have the patience to help people in a positive way then I will agree with you, there is nothing left for "YOU" to do.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Community Member

Make your own fun? Reach out the community, and see what they're up to. I've seen on the Khyber server board the "DDO Hunger Games," a PvP challenge with some rules to try and make it more fair. If you run on Khyber, you could see about joining that - or otherwise, try organizing one on other servers. Two Risia festivals ago, I loaded up on snowballs, and my guild had a guild-wide snowball fight in one of the PvP pits. No powers, no buffs, just flingin' snow at one another.

Organize a quest where the only thing members can use are non-returning thrown weapons, and only healing can come from potions. Or the Challenge Challenge - farm up enough Eveningstar Challenge mats to get one weapon and one armor of your choice - then go in with just those items, no others. You cannot use consumables, hirelings, and cannot spend more then half your SP over the course of the challenge. Try to get a full party to do it. Try ghosting through missions. Sneak through non-sneak missions, keeping the kill count to a minimum. Be a ninja, unseen! Bonus points if you don't use Invisibility consumables/clickies.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Community Member

If you need people to tell you how to enjoy a game then it's really time to find a new game. Games are supposed to be fun, if it's no longer fun for you then go do something else. If it is only about loot acquisition for you no game is going to be able to keep up with that. I personally have lots of fun with my L28s even though I only use them to raid now, but I play twice a week on them and run in 6 raids per day and I find it a blast. Sure you might not be getting any 'loot', but there are tons of players that will be in your group doing VoD or HoX for the first time and it's a blast to play with them as they get to experience a new raid for the first time. The game is what you make of it. If you really want a game that you will never max out in then you have to go to something like Eve.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Great ideas above.

Make LFMs oferring to teach people raids and complicated quests. The community needs people like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast