Default Thief Acrobat enhancement...broken?

So I just started my completionist project's rogue life going for a stick build. I put 3 AP into the "Thief Acrobat" enhancement and noticed... a lot of nothing. I'm not receiving ANY of the supposed +15% attack speed with quarterstaffs. A guildy who's played a stick rogue tells me that it should be 15% passive and then stack with haste... But right now the only way for me to get the supposed 15% improved attack speed is through haste. I'm curious if this is a new bug with the latest patch, and if anyone else is experiencing it.
    Main/Only character:
    Pyrerose, the Overlord of Love
    Double heroic completionist, still in love with heroic content
    Current life:
    16 FVS/3 Monk/1 Fighter, The Priestess of Vol

Community Member

Are you clocking your attacks per second, or looking at the attack speed on your character sheet? It doesn't show up on your character sheet, but I did notice an increase in my attack speed when swinging with it compared to without it... could just be placebo effect, though. Probably should actually test it...

I'm mainly going based on my attack speed animation. From what I've seen of acrobats in the past couple years I know they will visibly attack faster... I'm not seeing that. I don't see an increase in attack speed in either animation or from statistics on my character sheet. The haste spell increases me to the same attack speed as I've used on quarterstaffs during previous lives that didn't have this enhancement.
    Main/Only character:
    Current life:

Yours must be a bug or something. I am at the end of my TRs life right now, who is 12 pally/6 acrobat rogue using q-staffs. He does have the increased speed with staffs. Try equipping something that is not a staff and see the difference. With staffs, it looks like you have been hasted.

Okay well I seem to be blind.

I just did some testing and compared my artificer wielding a quarterstaff while both hasted and not hasted, and I've come to the conclusion that I did in fact get an attack speed increase- it just didn't seem very noticeable to me. I think the big attack speed increase I've seen from other acrobats in the past was likely due to them being hasted and using the haste boost.

So it's not bugged like I originally thought, just not as noticeable as I expected. I do, however, wish it would show in the character sheet that I'm receiving increased attack speed so problems like mine don't arise.
    Main/Only character:
    Current life:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoscheerio View Post
    So it's not bugged like I originally thought, just not as noticeable as I expected. I do, however, wish it would show in the character sheet that I'm receiving increased attack speed so problems like mine don't arise.
    I agree! There is so much that they could do with the Character Sheet...enough for an entire update. With how much this game is driven by character building, we are hamstrung by a rudimentary sheet that only provides very basic information. Although a big step forward with the implementation of Sell Power and Attack Speed mouse-overs, some abilities (like the aforementioned enhancement) aren't reflected on the sheet.

Things like Run Speed, Concealment %, Incorporeal %, Healing Amp, among others would be great to have easy access to on the Character Sheet.

But yeah, back to the OP...it does work
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Things like Run Speed, Concealment %, Incorporeal %, Healing Amp, among others would be great to have easy access to on the Character Sheet.
    Threat reduction/increase...
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai