Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Goes Up too hard?

well.. just complete this on elite.. with over 20 death overall. isn't this quest just too hard?? the final boss summon four shadow, and over 30 minion.. the shadow cast ray spell that deal 400 light damage.. are you kidding me... plus consider making this easier.. it is not right to require million of death to complete a quest..

p.s. oh and the minion repsawn.. the shadow do not. but until they were killed boss cannot die... god... T_T oh.. also what is wrong with this expansion... every elite final fight involve over 30~40 minion.. especially friend in low places.. god.. you really want to lag us to death don't you?

edit: could someone please explain how this quest should end please? after we defeat the boss, the npc shout jump... so jumped.. and dead.. hmmm is this right?
    Last edited by burningwind; 10-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    well.. just complete this on elite.. with over 20 death overall. isn't this quest just too hard?? the final boss summon four shadow, and over 30 minion.. the shadow cast ray spell that deal 400 light damage.. are you kidding me... plus consider making this easier.. it is not right to require million of death to complete a quest..

p.s. oh and the minion repsawn.. the shadow do not. but until they were killed boss cannot die... god... T_T oh.. also what is wrong with this expansion... every elite final fight involve over 30~40 minion.. especially friend in low places.. god.. you really want to lag us to death don't you?

edit: could someone please explain how this quest should end please? after we defeat the boss, the npc shout jump... so jumped.. and dead.. hmmm is this right?
    Other than the da I don't have a problem with the end fights difficulty, the jump part is annoying though and needs to be fixed.

Too hard? no, too stupid.

Any quest whit instant dungeon alert is too stupid, i mean, they know how many mobs are needed to trigger it, right? then why the .... do they make a quest that surpasses that threshold? and 3 times to add insult to injury.

.... sight, Turbine...

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

It is hard.
    And it's good.
    There needs to be something hard to do for people after reaching level cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Too hard? no, too stupid.
    This, once you figure out some meta-gamey tricks it's laughably easy even on EE.

If you go all "LEEERRROOOOOOOYYYY JENNNKIIIINNNNSSSSS!!" you'll get slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This, once you figure out some meta-gamey tricks it's laughably easy even on EE.

If you go all "LEEERRROOOOOOOYYYY JENNNKIIIINNNNSSSSS!!" you'll get slaughtered.

I do get bored of puzzle disguised as actual quests though.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Thumbs down

ya,i think its a bit much,with all the damn respawning trash,and only havin like 5 seconds to hit the guy before he ports and shoves some more trash up your ass to deal with before u can look for him again. i did this quest for first time recently on EH,with over 20 deaths as well. it ended with half the group rage quiting and 1 sorc eating multiple cakes,and chugging god knows how many pots to get him dead from the like >5% hp he had when half the party quit.

This quest in particular is way too easy as it is the culmination of the entire expansion. It needs to be harder by at least 10x. Nobody should be able to complete this quest on the first try, much less with an artificial restriction such as doing it solo.

Stop calling for nerfs to challenging content, just because you can't beat it without drinking pots and on the first try. Games are fun because they are challenging, it's pretty much in the definition. It's like you guys have never played any other game besides DDO and so you treat it like its your god given right to be able to complete content on the hardest difficulty, on the first try and without even putting any thought into strategy or adjusting your gear and tactics to address the challenges. So sick of these "nerf XYZ quest, it's too hard!" threads. How about actually trying, instead of acting like you're getting paid by the hour to complete quests. I promise, it'll be more fun.

WGU is at best "difficult" only because of the amount of trash, which has been Turbine's idea of "difficulty" of late. If you know how to deal with trash, it's a tedious quest rather than difficult.

I personally think the quest is great up until you reach the top/end fight. The problem with the end is that there is too much trash in too many trash waves, and the fact that the assassins respawn pretty much instantly. It gets tedious. Cut each wave in half or cut a wave altogether, make the mages/assassins a wave instead of instant respawn, and it'd be much better.

You can go leroy jenkins in this. Only part I would say not so much is just having a group of guys concentrate on the pillars and other guys on the mobs up top, but other then that Leroy works. I have not played this quest on heroic elite so I could not answer the OPs statement of elite being too difficult. Epic elite though is fine.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Died while soloing this one and had to chug pots. Yup, I think this one is a lot harder than most quests.

Speaking about this quest on EE ...

This quest is insanely difficult. Overall it is a massive timesink, and not fun or enjoyable in any way at all. The idea is fantastic, the setting is amazing, the quest story is brilliant - why can't this quest be fun ?.

What is up with the constantly spawning groups of assassins, the insta DA's, the lack of shrines ?

I likes a challenge, my girlfriend likes a challenge, but this quest is pure masochism.

With less and less players willing to run it you end up with a bunch of pugs who have yet to experience the horror and pain of this quest and naively join your group. 60 mins later they are afk soulstones.

FYI as a spoiler, this quest is much easier to shortman than it is to group - unless the group can work out some strategy. Strategic thinking is a rare thing in a pug however... This quest should be called the "Adopt a bard" quest.

Overall i get the feeling that these quests on heroic are actually meant for epic players.
    Last edited by achitophel; 10-07-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Its not as hard once u know what to do and dont rush into every single mob u see. Even the endfight is bearable, lot of spawns can be avoided using some tactic and wit. Only pain is fighting when sight changes to shadowfell - who designed this was sadist
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As far as Gauthaag goes, don't let him get you riled up. This is what he does. Constantly.

And yeah, scaling is doing a lot in new expansion quests. We got easiest runs just duoing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As far as Gauthaag goes, don't let him get you riled up. This is what he does. Constantly.

totally agree about the spawns in this quest. its not fun when every 20 steps there are groups of 20 mobs to deal with. make those groups smaller and tougher, maybe 1 red and some orange or 2 orange and some normal ones, but not so many each wave! especially on EE this is not fun at all
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Community Member

The point of the quest is to stop the army on that glacier. I'd be disappointed if that army was just a few guys and a red/orange named in charge of them. Thing is, most of the time spent in DDO you're fighting exactly that. A few guys and maybe a named mob. Or just a tough boss and a minion or two. Two bosses if we get really lucky. The fact we get to fight massive waves of dudes feels refreshing to me. Before this we had, what, weapons shipment to run when we wanted waves and waves of massive amounts of mobs.

I do agree, though, that DA should go away if the quest throws that many mobs at you by design.

As for respawning trash, why is this a problem? Shadowfiends in ToD & dogs in LoB have been in the game for a long time. The idea of having mobs just keep spawning isn't anything new or innovative. Just deal with them like you'd deal with any other respawning trash. Kite it around, lock it down in CC or use it as blitz-fuel if you're running epic.

If and when the argument becomes "It's too hard. I can't solo it on elite.", the counter argument becomes "So what. Elite's supposed to kick you in the teeth."
    Old forum names (that I can't use anymore because of forum changes): Lehmu, Kanttura.
    I play Iioi, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Hjeelmee Nao, Kesib, Eisiishai, Iioo, Iiio & Havesword Will Travel on Argonnessen.
    I'm also in youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    well.. just complete this on elite..
    If you completed it, then it's not too hard.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Running it with 5 EIN Monkchers and a cc druid healer is not playing this quest as it was intended... Why no love for barbarians ?!

Community Member

I wouldn't say it's too hard, just insanely tedious once you get to the flying part. I really liked the quest up till there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast