Community Member

Default Don't be dead at the end of a ee quest. The Saga's don't like it

If you do, the hard fought quest will not be counted by the Saga NPC's

Example 1:
    At the end boss on Through the Mirror Darkly on EE me and the end boss traded hits and at the last second I killed him and he killed me at the same time ( crappy luck) . Had to use cake to revive and I did get all the xp.

End result: Got the end reward from quest giver.
    The Saga NPC shows I that have only run the quest on EH (ran a a week prior) instead of elite even though the compendium clearly shows completed on ee.

Example 2:
    At the quest In the Belly of the Beast on EE I died as I was trying to swim to surface inside the worm ( had hard time seeing path for some reason). The quest was completed 1 minute after by the survivors. Got the xp for it also.

End result: Got the end reward from quest giver.
    The Saga NPC shows I that haven't even run the quest at all even though the compendium shows completed on ee.
    Turned in ticket and Admin said " Nothing I can do" ( short version)

Come on DDO, fix the Sagas already.

Don't be dead... Always good advice under any circumstances...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

This might be intentional. There are people out there that farm EE items by mutiboxing and carrying their alts soul stones through the quest only to rez them at the end to get the chest. This prevents them from also farming saga rewards the same way. (or at least makes it more difficult as they have to find a safe spot to rez and leave them during the end fight for quests that complete after the death of the end boss)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This might be intentional. There are people out there that farm EE items by mutiboxing and carrying their alts soul stones through the quest only to rez them at the end to get the chest. This prevents them from also farming saga rewards the same way. (or at least makes it more difficult as they have to find a safe spot to rez and leave them during the end fight for quests that complete after the death of the end boss)
    This, I just about guarantee it's WAI to prevent getting saga credit for being ghosted through the quest.

As someone who multiboxes, having to have mules alive at the end doesn't affect me one bit. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by stilesm1 View Post
    This, I just about guarantee it's WAI to prevent getting saga credit for being ghosted through the quest.

Sounds like the stupidest idea ever if so?

(ok, maybe not ever buuut)

What's the harm in giving a saga completion to a soul stone? Or, more to the point, if there's a stand being made against soul stones being carried through quests, then it needs to be applied to all facets of gameplay, and not just saga completion. It's irrational and just silly. And it penalizes people who have 'whoopsies' (see OP).

Community Member

Default This is a bug i'm hoping

I would like to get a dev answer for this.

Me and a friend was doing "thru a mirror darkly" on heroic elite and he died I didn't at end. He did not get the saga completion and it was reported and bug'ed. GM said he was aware of the issue.

Are we really suppose to be full health at the end of EE boss battle? Really?

So lets punish everybody in a party that doesn't live but still played his ass off and does a wonderful job at completing a crappy EE quest for saga reward? Just because someone might be "dual boxin"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Sounds like the stupidest idea ever if so?

(ok, maybe not ever buuut)

What's the harm in giving a saga completion to a soul stone? Or, more to the point, if there's a stand being made against soul stones being carried through quests, then it needs to be applied to all facets of gameplay, and not just saga completion. It's irrational and just silly. And it penalizes people who have 'whoopsies' (see OP).
    My guess, although I don't remember off-hand what the min levels are to enter any of these quests, is that the stand being made is against soul stones being carried through quests where they're too low level for quest xp yet still get saga completion xp.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty0647 View Post
    Are we really suppose to be full health at the end of EE boss battle? Really?
    Rofl Exagerate much? There's a vast difference (hopefully?) between "full health" and soul stone. Next time, do your pal a solid and raise him before finishing off the boss...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Rofl Exagerate much? There's a vast difference (hopefully?) between "full health" and soul stone. Next time, do your pal a solid and raise him before finishing off the boss...
    And doesn't it seem more logical to raise just after killing the boss, when you aren't risking those ~4 seconds of helplessness while you raise him? How were people supposed to know to do this just before finishing off an end boss?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    And doesn't it seem more logical to raise just after killing the boss, when you aren't risking those ~4 seconds of helplessness while you raise him? How were people supposed to know to do this just before finishing off an end boss?
    Obviously, someone had to find it out first. That said, if they can come to the forum to complain about it, they can come and learn about it too, such as by reading this thread from four days ago...

So with a bit of foreknowledge, no it does not seem more logical to wait. I was running the EE GH saga (in a pug!) last night, and full CitW EE flagging/sagaing two nights ago. On a couple occasions, we had to slow down the boss death to get somebody up, thanks largely due to the referenced thread.