Default Built in Time delays

I recognize that part of the design of games like DDO is putting as much time inbetween now and getting a reward, but not so much that people lose interest. It's a delicate balance.

I just used my free lesser heart +20 to partially retool my Tukaw clone. Yes, I have been out for a while. I am turning him into a Juggernaught, which seems very exciting. The problem is that I figure I have to reincarnate him 3 times in order to get to the build that I want, because first I have to get the sorc levels out of him. I used my +20 to go from MPSSSSSSMPSSSSSSSSSS to MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAA. It is my understanding that you can only have 3 classes at the same time, so the first reincarnation has to reduce the number of classes to 2 in order to put a new class into the build. I now have to wait 7 days to do the second reincarnation, and there will have to be a third, because I need to change more than 5 levels in the next pass.

I don't even really mind the cost in TP, but the cost is time is disheartening. I have a weekend free of my wife and kids right now, and I am not able to take advantage of playing this new and exciting build because of this time delay. Is there a way around it other than playing my Monk Artificer hybrid that is not quite the juggernaught I want him to be?
    "Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -JC
    Check out DDO's #1 Weekly Podcast
    Circle of Night on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Rheebus View Post
    I recognize that part of the design of games like DDO is putting as much time inbetween now and getting a reward, but not so much that people lose interest. It's a delicate balance.

I just used my free lesser heart +20 to partially retool my Tukaw clone. Yes, I have been out for a while. I am turning him into a Juggernaught, which seems very exciting. The problem is that I figure I have to reincarnate him 3 times in order to get to the build that I want, because first I have to get the sorc levels out of him. I used my +20 to go from MPSSSSSSMPSSSSSSSSSS to MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAA. It is my understanding that you can only have 3 classes at the same time, so the first reincarnation has to reduce the number of classes to 2 in order to put a new class into the build. I now have to wait 7 days to do the second reincarnation, and there will have to be a third, because I need to change more than 5 levels in the next pass.

I don't even really mind the cost in TP, but the cost is time is disheartening. I have a weekend free of my wife and kids right now, and I am not able to take advantage of playing this new and exciting build because of this time delay. Is there a way around it other than playing my Monk Artificer hybrid that is not quite the juggernaught I want him to be?
    Uhm...I could be wrong here, but I think you could have done the three classes with the +20 LR.

Otherwise, yeah, why should the time delay exist? No reason I can think of.

You could have farmed 20 tokens in about 3 hours, then TRed and capped in 3 days of solid playing, or 2 weeks at a relaxed pace. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    You could have farmed 20 tokens in about 3 hours, then TRed and capped in 3 days of solid playing, or 2 weeks at a relaxed pace. *shrugs*
    I know right? and could have gotten a past life out of it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Uhm...I could be wrong here, but I think you could have done the three classes with the +20 LR.
    No he's right, he had Pally at 2 and 10, so he couldn't add Arti in for the first 9 levels.

But yeah, you coulda specced pure fighter and then TRed and run a Juggy from scratch with +2 damage from the PL

Should have changed all the classes to arty until it was just arty / sorc, then added the monk levels and changed the rest of the sorc to arty, and change the last level of sorc to pally or ranger (depending on which variant of the jug you wanted. It would take another +1 LR to put the other level of pally or ranger on, or a +3 to switch it so that arty levels are at the end letting you have full ranks skill wise.

I agree this time around due to the fact that Turbine changed their game, we should have gotten a FULL respec (meaning if I wanted my barbarian to be a monk I could do it) rather than an LR 20 where we have to dance around class decisions we made when the state of the game was totally different.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Should have changed all the classes to arty until it was just arty / sorc, then added the monk levels and changed the rest of the sorc to arty, and change the last level of sorc to pally or ranger (depending on which variant of the jug you wanted. It would take another +1 LR to put the other level of pally or ranger on, or a +3 to switch it so that arty levels are at the end letting you have full ranks skill wise.

I agree this time around due to the fact that Turbine changed their game, we should have gotten a FULL respec (meaning if I wanted my barbarian to be a monk I could do it) rather than an LR 20 where we have to dance around class decisions we made when the state of the game was totally different.
    How could he have changed the classes to arti? He had 3 classes with at least 2 levels, so the first attempt to change one to arti would have meant 4 classes (can't be done).

Ya, could've spent those TP on a true heart and XP elixers and prolly end up ahead cost wise while actually playing. Not something I would do unless its a back burner alt and am concentrating on playing another toon. Plus, I rather enjoy the heroic levels more than epics so typically have one or two TRing with a few at epic levels and rotate as the urge hits me.

The timers I feel is fair enough for LRing but since bought TP is used (typically, I suppose you could trade for a bunch of +3 hearts or favor farm the TP) I would be indifferent to an LR timer reduction.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Correct me if I'm wrong but he could have done it with just the +20 LR

MPSSSSSSMPSSSSSSSSSS
    MMMMMMMMA<---used to be Pali level because we're changing the last pali level to Arti it's not breaking the only 3 classes at a time rule.

So at 9 monk 1 Pali 10 Sorc he changes the last Pali to Arti... Putting him at 9 Monk 1 Arti 10 Sorc with 10 more changes to make to Arti. Though to be honest I'm not sure if it will let you change that level to a third class, or if it's one of those deals where because it's sitting their at Pali the rigidly linear process wont let you swap 3rd classes or not, never tried, but if that's the case just change that last level to M and the rest A (10/10) and do a +1 LR. and use your +1 at 10th level to change that stuborn Pail > now Monk to Arti.

I agree that timers need to be reduced or eliminated on these things, and I also like Chai's suggestion that a +20 LR just wipe the slate clean and start from zero classes and let you change alignment.
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheebus View Post
    Is there a way around it other than playing my Monk Artificer hybrid that is not quite the juggernaught I want him to be?
    To answer your question, yes there is.

open a ticket, and ask the gm to reset your reincarnation timer. They are usually quite helpful if there is a good reason, and in your case it sounds there is one.

best of luck