Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    See here's the thing... For 98% of us, leveling got faster... The 20% daily bonus for running a quest the first time means the vast majority of players level faster now.

It's only the extreme powergamers who got "nerfed". You have the right to complain that your playstyle got nerfed. But most of us are very happy with a free 20% permanent bonus, PLUS saga bonus rewards.

I think I understand something now... You call those of us who disagree with you fanbois, mindless cheerleaders for Turbine. But we're not. We're happy because many of the changes Turbine makes works for us. You don't realize this, because you're only thinking of your own playstyle, which has gotten nerfed. You can't understand how people can stick up for Turbine when you level slower now. But I'm telling you, we're happy not because we're crazy, but because the changes are positive for OUR playstyle.
    Exactly. Well said

2014 DDO Players Council

How many people in this game are in a 100 level Guild and have all EDs maxed out? Those are the only ones who don't care about saga rewards.

The other 99.9% of us who don't devote our entire lives to a video game find the FREE rewards quite nice.
    Hey! *I* am in a level 100 guild with all EDs maxed out. And I LOVE saga rewards! Free Skill Tomes, yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadnettle View Post
    Just completed the Huntsilver Saga on hard.

My reward list:

84k xp - really? I could get that in a good run of VON3, or by zerging ID, graves and rusted blades in less than 15 min.

Disable Device +3 tome - I'm a Favored Soul

Spellcraft +3 tome - already ate one, it's BtC, so useless

7.5k renown - my guild already level 100, again useless

I'm actually kind of glad the rewards are such junk. Now I can just ignore sagas. Such a transparent ptw money grab, just like the rest of the expansion. However, each new fail like this detracts from the overall game experience.
    but that is the beauty of sagas, you don't need to do anything extra to grab XP, guild renown or skill tomes, just play all the quests - have fun doing it - turn them in when your done

its free stuff - not sure why anyone would complain
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Anyone does theese quests at heroic?
    Is it me or someone just won the "if you don't play like me you know nothing" game ?

EDIT : Oh, the same someone that complains about the bore of leveling quests in another thread.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Weyborn View Post
    its free stuff - not sure why anyone would complain
    That's the problem with democracy : no matter what you do there will always be someone complaining that it's not what (S)HE wants
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

My reward list:

84k xp - really? I could get that in a good run of VON3, or by zerging ID, graves and rusted blades in less than 15 min.

I'm actually kind of glad the rewards are such junk. Now I can just ignore sagas. Such a transparent ptw money grab, just like the rest of the expansion. However, each new fail like this detracts from the overall game experience.
    awesome. complaining about stuff that you can choose because you have already played the game enough that you don't need it. You must really hate running just about every other quest/RAID in the game also.

Have you bought the WIN button? You end rewards from now on, should just be that.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    Is it me or someone just won the "if you don't play like me you know nothing" game ?

EDIT : Oh, the same someone that complains about the bore of leveling quests in another thread.
    Yes because there's plenty people praising devs for designing auto red alert quests with 3k base XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    That's the problem with democracy : no matter what you do there will always be someone complaining that it's not what (S)HE wants
    You think turbine is a democracy that we get a say in?

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

I don't get it ...

You probably run these quests anyways, and now that they throw in a couple of extras, free goodies like XP or skill tomes, you feel like being treated wrong and cheated out of something cause you had that particular tome already? Just lame.

I think the sagas are great. Fun way to run 'em. And the rewards are nice, even though I don't really need them myself, but I am sure there are a lot of players out there who do.

My reward list:

If I gave you £100 pounds in 2 x fifties, would you moan because it wasn't 5 x twenties?
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    If I gave you £100 pounds in 2 x fifties, would you moan because it wasn't 5 x twenties?
    Yes because it wasn't dollars and I'd have to go to the bank to get your monopoly money converted to something useful. =P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yes because it wasn't dollars and I'd have to go to the bank to get your monopoly money converted to something useful. =P
    then you'd squeal with delight as you wound up with more dollars because our pounds as sooo much better than your toy money :P
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

See here's the thing... For 98% of us, leveling got faster... The 20% daily bonus for running a quest the first time means the vast majority of players level faster now.

It's only the extreme powergamers who got "nerfed". You have the right to complain that your playstyle got nerfed. But most of us are very happy with a free 20% permanent bonus, PLUS saga bonus rewards.

I think I understand something now... You call those of us who disagree with you fanbois, mindless cheerleaders for Turbine. But we're not. We're happy because many of the changes Turbine makes works for us. You don't realize this, because you're only thinking of your own playstyle, which has gotten nerfed. You can't understand how people can stick up for Turbine when you level slower now. But I'm telling you, we're happy not because we're crazy, but because the changes are positive for OUR playstyle.

I also understand now that I shouldn't consider you guys mindless Dooombois. You guys are reacting rationally to changes to YOUR playstyle. I think a lot of times, we're just talking past each other because we don't recognize we're playing so differently.

So anyway, what rewards would you guys want from sagas? You talk about leveling. Doesn't the xp bonus from sagas help with that?
    Completely agree, for those who don't have an xp/min spreadsheet that now has to be updated to account for quest ransack, the new system results in higher xp, and even makes some borderline quests worth running for more than just favor.

I also can't help but suspect that there isn't any middle ground for the people saying Sagas don't give anything useful. If it did reward something they find useful, they'd probably complain that it's not fair for us casuals to have access to uber-leet stuff that's supposed to be limited to their ranks ;p

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    then you'd squeal with delight as you wound up with more dollars because our pounds as sooo much better than your toy money :P
    Don't use your fancy reason and logic on me.

The saga rewards are pretty fricken sweet.

My guild moved up almost half of a full level over this weekend simply by running quests and taking the guild renown option.

Dump that maxed out, super toon and roll up something else.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    Actually, for the first time in history, every currency is a fiat currency that is completely worthless. Every central bank (the most evil of all people and institutions on earth) are all printing "currency" (it's not money.. money has intrinsic value ), and devaluing their currencies. QE is just a politically correct term for inflation and every nation's central bank is doing it.

So your pound might trade more on a 1 per 1 basis, but like it or not, the dollar is the reserve currency of the world. The world ditched that pound sterling when you brits were doing what we're doing now... "inflating". Being the reserve currency has allowed the US to export it's inflation. The chickens will come home to roost in spades tho eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    Actually, for the first time in history, every currency is a fiat currency that is completely worthless. Every central bank (the most evil of all people and institutions on earth) are all printing "currency" (it's not money.. money has intrinsic value ), and devaluing their currencies. QE is just a politically correct term for inflation and every nation's central bank is doing it.

So your pound might trade more on a 1 per 1 basis, but like it or not, the dollar is the reserve currency of the world. The world ditched that pound sterling when you brits were doing what we're doing now... "inflating". Being the reserve currency has allowed the US to export it's inflation. The chickens will come home to roost in spades tho eventually.
    So does that mean that the recent "problems" on Sarlona will bring down first the plat economy and then Astral shards?

Trouble is most traditional theories on inflation are now fairly questionable, especially when last year the US treasury finally admitted that it had absolutely no idea how many dollars were in circulation.....

don't mean those chickens aren't still laying eggs though...
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post

Money does not have an intrinsic value. Its value is granted by agreement. Tradegoods have intrinsic value, but that ship has sailed ages ago.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I don't know if anyone pointed out the obvious already :

Sagas rewards are additional rewards, they replace the non-existent rewards from before.
    Having a Saga reward like 84k xp is better than getting nothing.
    And if your guild is lvl 100, well you're part of a very small minority of players.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default DoooooooooooooooooM!

Not really any Doom, I just wanted to say Doooooooooooooom in thread, because I haven't done it b4. I like all the free stuff the OP listed and could use all of it!

I did find it amusing that last week I accidentally spent 12 astral shards. I was in Wheloon and the first 2 people I freed cost me 12 shards. The 1st one I accidentally clicked. The funny part was the 2 NPCs being freed were in the same group. I was sick witha bad cold and told myself, "ARGH! Don't miss click the 2nd one.." and I did!!! Hahahahaha, I'm never gonna gonna get my L55 airship!

Just a reminder to not be too quick to click or it may make you less than happy to spend them AS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast