Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

If you're going to have a rant, you need to do better than this. If you're not happy with your tome selection, maybe man-up and get some of your level 100 guild mates to carry you through EE so you get a choice of 4 tomes

"Man-up?" This is a game, you know that right?

If you think this game has anything whatsoever to do with manliness, I'm going to have to assume you were raised in a female commune with no male role models; because the alternatives are just too sad to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

If you think this game has anything whatsoever to do with manliness, I'm going to have to assume you were raised in a female commune with no male role models; because the alternatives are just too sad to ponder.
    That may not be so bad, actually.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

tons of women, only one with a y chromosome and all that entails, where is the downside in the situation you just created?

how can the saga rewards be Bad? ...if your toons are so overplayed the rewards are worthless ,i guess(move on to new toons ,or new game then)heroic elites are awsome way to build guild renown,quick; People doin favor runs ,now get a reward too!....my old guild leader was selfish like the Thread spinner,quote"i dont run dungeons" ,"i dont get xp's "(i shoulda killed his toon in book/dice game !) never helped out in flagging or information;old veteran snobs suck!
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    how can the saga rewards be Bad? ...if your toons are so overplayed the rewards are worthless ,i guess(move on to new toons ,or new game then)heroic elites are awsome way to build guild renown,quick; People doin favor runs ,now get a reward too!....my old guild leader was selfish like the Thread spinner,quote"i dont run dungeons" ,"i dont get xp's "(i shoulda killed his toon in book/dice game !) never helped out in flagging or information;old veteran snobs suck!
    If you get excited over saga rewards it means you're extremally casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Only way I'd be excited about them is if the xp was in token form like the dailydice and bta so I could bank a bunch of them and do a life that I don't want to play with a few clicks. Sadly since they don't work that way, no reason to be excited about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Only way I'd be excited about them is if the xp was in token form like the dailydice and bta so I could bank a bunch of them and do a life that I don't want to play with a few clicks. Sadly since they don't work that way, no reason to be excited about them.
    the saga xp is in token form, but didn't notice if its BTA or BTC. I bet its BTC though because it wouldn't make sense to have a specific character farming tokens for you alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the saga xp is in token form, but didn't notice if its BTA or BTC. I bet its BTC though because it wouldn't make sense to have a specific character farming tokens for you alts.
    Problem is you automatically eat it now for a lack of a better term, you don't get an item in your pack.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

It never fails. Turbine gives people a nice thing, and someone is whining about it on the forums.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    It never fails. Turbine gives people a nice thing, and someone is whining about it on the forums.
    It isn't a nice thing though, it's a distraction, smoke and mirrors to distract everyone from how they slowed down leveling by making it where you can't farm anymore. Smoke and mirrors to disguise nerfs doesn't fly.

True, to some SAGA's are smoke and mirrors. Personally I see it as Turbines attempt to get people to run more of the content.

The rewards may not get everyone exited.

XP
    Skill Tomes
    Guild Renown

But still it will be useful to a larger player base that exist in game. As someone pointed out before, the XP for Epics is a nice way to level a "I don't want to play this ED" ED.

Excited no, appreciative of these extra bonuses now being granted, yes, yes I am.

Nope, if you don't care at all about the sage rewards, it means you're an extreme powergamer.

How many people in this game are in a 100 level Guild and have all EDs maxed out? Those are the only ones who don't care about saga rewards.

The other 99.9% of us who don't devote our entire lives to a video game find the FREE rewards quite nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Devs implement a completely optional system to encourage players to explore more content and give free rewards for doing so

Players are outraged over the quality of their free gifts and cry conspiracy

Gift horse? Mouth?

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It isn't a nice thing though, it's a distraction, smoke and mirrors to distract everyone from how they slowed down leveling by making it where you can't farm anymore. Smoke and mirrors to disguise nerfs doesn't fly.
    See here's the thing... For 98% of us, leveling got faster... The 20% daily bonus for running a quest the first time means the vast majority of players level faster now.

It's only the extreme powergamers who got "nerfed". You have the right to complain that your playstyle got nerfed. But most of us are very happy with a free 20% permanent bonus, PLUS saga bonus rewards.

I think I understand something now... You call those of us who disagree with you fanbois, mindless cheerleaders for Turbine. But we're not. We're happy because many of the changes Turbine makes works for us. You don't realize this, because you're only thinking of your own playstyle, which has gotten nerfed. You can't understand how people can stick up for Turbine when you level slower now. But I'm telling you, we're happy not because we're crazy, but because the changes are positive for OUR playstyle.

I also understand now that I shouldn't consider you guys mindless Dooombois. You guys are reacting rationally to changes to YOUR playstyle. I think a lot of times, we're just talking past each other because we don't recognize we're playing so differently.

So anyway, what rewards would you guys want from sagas? You talk about leveling. Doesn't the xp bonus from sagas help with that?
    Last edited by Thrudh; 10-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So anyway, what rewards would you guys want from sagas? You talk about leveling. Doesn't the xp bonus from sagas help with that?
    I want something that I can do more than 4 times.
    Because I don't think I need more than 4 skill tomes per character.
    Sure, thief/wizard multiclass might need more, but still, sagas will be useless for everyone after few runs.
    Don't say about guild XP, 10k renown is not worth running 13 quests.

I want something that I can do more than 4 times.
    Because I don't think I need more than 4 skill tomes per character.
    Sure, thief/wizard multiclass might need more, but still, sagas will be useless for everyone after few runs.
    Don't say about guild XP, 10k renown is not worth running 13 quests.
    SAgas will be useless for those that hover at endgame. Though, in the long run EVERYTHING will be useless for them. You can still play the quests as many times as you want, you just wont need the sagas. BAsically, what people seem to complain about is that it doesnt give them extra power at the point when you already have done everything to make your toon powerful. The XP is a nice bonus when doing TRs, since it means that you dont ned to farm as much, and if you farm fo some items in GH, for example, you can get a bonus fr running a few other quests as well.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    SAgas will be useless for those that hover at endgame. Though, in the long run EVERYTHING will be useless for them. You can still play the quests as many times as you want, you just wont need the sagas. BAsically, what people seem to complain about is that it doesnt give them extra power at the point when you already have done everything to make your toon powerful. The XP is a nice bonus when doing TRs, since it means that you dont ned to farm as much, and if you farm fo some items in GH, for example, you can get a bonus fr running a few other quests as well.
    And the only saga avaible while TRing is gianthold...

And the only saga avaible while TRing is gianthold...
    You got 2 heroic sagas in FR as well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    You got 2 heroic sagas in FR as well, you know.
    Anyone does theese quests at heroic?

Anyone does theese quests at heroic?
    me, at least

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast