Default Suggestion for New DDO Store Item: Spell Component Bags

We have bags for gems, collectibles, ingredients, and augments as well as hireling folders but nothing in which to store large amounts of spell components in one inventory slot. If the devs are willing to take this suggestion, I think spell component bags of various sizes would be a good addition to the DDO Store.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

This is on the same list as the Scroll Case and the Potion Belt: something suggested many times before, loved by all players, and steadfastly ignored by Turbine. I was actually surprised they came up with the augment crystals bags...

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Oh, but if they sell you that they only get some of your money once. They want you to buy their overpriced omnispell dust instead, so you keep buying it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Oh, but if they sell you that they only get some of your money once.
    Same could be said for races, classes, quest packs, Tomes of Fate and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    They want you to buy their overpriced omnispell dust instead, so you keep buying it forever.
    Do people actually do ^this^ and is there really enough of them to deter from making the bag? I highly doubt it.

Iirc, they attempted to offer a component pouch years ago, but on Lama only because there was an issue where spells wouldn't actually use the bagged components. Anyone else remember this? My pre-forum downgrade search-Fu is weak...

It is a pity, even BTC I would buy one for every one of my casters. Potion bandoleer would likely suffer the same issue as the component pouch (using what's in it), so if they could solve that - cha-ching!

The scroll case I can understand being problematic, as you actually have to equip (hold) the scroll to use it, and having it pop back into the case may not work right, though I would still carry one for looting purposes just like all my non-archers still carry a couple quivers.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Iirc, they attempted to offer a component pouch years ago, but on Lama only because there was an issue where spells wouldn't actually use the bagged components. Anyone else remember this? My pre-forum downgrade search-Fu is weak...

It is a pity, even BTC I would buy one for every one of my casters. Potion bandoleer would likely suffer the same issue as the component pouch (using what's in it), so if they could solve that - cha-ching!

The scroll case I can understand being problematic, as you actually have to equip (hold) the scroll to use it, and having it pop back into the case may not work right, though I would still carry one for looting purposes just like all my non-archers still carry a couple quivers.
    I imagine it could be done the way ingredients work with the crafting system they are used from inside the bag.

this is so needed.

with Epic Reincarnation coming I don't know what will happen to my crowded TR bank and level cap increase to 30 my bank is going to explode.

deleting things every life is a sad option

While many people want this it won't happen...

Bags are used in special circumstances outside of combat e.g. Ingredients Bag for Cannith Crafting, Shroud, Alchemical etc doing this during combat would be a huge strain on the server and most likely create more horrendous lag. As I said many many people have suggested this and this is why it won't happen

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    While many people want this it won't happen...

Bags are used in special circumstances outside of combat e.g. Ingredients Bag for Cannith Crafting, Shroud, Alchemical etc doing this during combat would be a huge strain on the server and most likely create more horrendous lag. As I said many many people have suggested this and this is why it won't happen

Stoner81.
    Nods.

Would be nice to have bags that hold potions / scrolls even if they had to be removed from the bag for combat.
    But people would complain about that and say it was misrepresented.

Fawngate has thrown away many bound expendable items after a life.