Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Twisted Brace for Impact + Fighter Haste Boost is better than Twisted LD Haste Boost + your setup.

Haste boost is incredible because burst damage is what matters in the game now, much more than sustained damage. Blue dragon in Tor is dead but the Giant isn't? Pop Haste boost right now, and get it good and dead. Etc etc.
    I can see that. Especially with the human stat boosts. I am just trying out FOTW right now. I normally run in LD and that is my plan long term. So I will have the hast boost from there when I am done leveling FOTW. If I decide to stay in FOTW full time I will def switch my enhancements over.

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    If Human, make sure to try out Action Surge with Divine Might. Since DM 'locks in' the Charisma modifier used to determine Strength bonus, a boost has to be hit first (alas) to get the boosted Cha.

Sinking 3 points each into Action Surge Cha and Str, this is potentially potentially +5 to Str* for 17 or 18 seconds, dwindling down to +2 for the rest of DM.

*on top of whatever was bonuses are going on for the build. This potential +5 boils down to starting the buff with an odd Cha score (+3 Cha = +2 Str) + 3 Str = 5 Str).

However at higher levels might not be worth the opportunity loss (roughly 2 attacks if THF/SHB, possibly 3-5 if TWF/Monk)
    Hm, I'm curious about this, have you actually tried this out or is this just theory?
    I still get occasional lag when changing my charisma modifier (AKA UMD-lag).

This looks good on paper, but ingame it sounds to me like:
    - Hit Action Boost
    - Get mini lag

And I can see another problem with this.
    Like you said - when you hit DM the game adds your current charisma modifier to str as insight bonus.
    However this also means everytime you try to refresh DM *before it runs out* your charisma modifier has to be the same or higher than the last time you activated it.
    If it's lower you just lose one charge and DM goes on timer.
    This can be quite annoying when you try to refresh it midfight.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Hm, I'm curious about this, have you actually tried this out or is this just theory?
    I still get occasional lag when changing my charisma modifier (AKA UMD-lag).

This looks good on paper, but ingame it sounds to me like:
    - Hit Action Boost
    - Get mini lag

And I can see another problem with this.
    Like you said - when you hit DM the game adds your current charisma modifier to str as insight bonus.
    However this also means everytime you try to refresh DM *before it runs out* your charisma modifier has to be the same or higher than the last time you activated it.
    If it's lower you just lose one charge and DM goes on timer.
    This can be quite annoying when you try to refresh it midfight.
    It have tested it and it is correct. The ST bonus is set based on your CH at the time. It will stay that way until it is refreshed. Really you are talking about +3 char max. So it is +2 ST diff if you have an odd CH that is being bumped up. Between RS aura, Divine Might, Divine Power, and the group HP I am usually way more focused on other things to try to max my ST at all times though.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wtorchia View Post
    Here is the update I promised. I went TWF or THF to try it out. The only diff in my build is the TWF feats over the THF ones and Bastard sword prof over quicken. I am currently lvl 21.

Gear:
    head/gloves/armor: PDk
    Rings: Signet of the Shining Sun , Seal of House Szind
    Neck : Symbol of the Shining Sun
    goggles: Con op SP
    Belt : Smoke HP
    Boot: Epic Boots of Corrosion
    Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak
    Wrist: Epic Scorched Bracers
    Trinket: Holy symbol
    Weapons: Dual Oathblade

Enhancements that matter:
    Human: 30% healing amp, human attack boost
    Cleric: RS aura, Ameliorating Strike.

With the 10% healing amp ship buff I am healed for 45 HP every tick in FOT. That is significantly higher then my past life. I have not even hit a level where I can use my 110 healing power ring and 20% bracers. So far I can hit a buffed st of 53. I am seeing crits in the 160-170 range with oathblade. While it is not the best DPS, it is OK for the level. Once I hit 23 I have 2 x Celstia, and 1 x Nightmare waiting for me. I still need to upgrade them, but my DPS should just when I get there. If it does not work out, I plan to LR in to the THF version of this build.

Here is my rough version of what I'm planning for my THF version of this build, for what it's worth -

Goggles GS Con Op / HP item
    Helm Black Dragon Helm (DEX +8 or insight CON)
    Armor Flawless Black Dragonplate - probably slot fortification
    Necklace ??? / Torc
    Bracers 10% convalesent amp
    Gloves Guantlets of Immortality
    Cloak Cloak of Night / GS SP cloak
    Belt ????
    Ring 1 ????
    Ring 2 ToD ring w/ 20% amp
    Boots ???? / cannith boots / madstone boots
    Tinket Planar Focus: Prowess, Dex +8 or Insightful DEX +3

Weapon Cleaver, elemental damage slotted

I'll use the 4 open slots above and augment slots to fit in as many of the following as possible -

Fortification
    resistance item for saves
    STR item
    CON item
    CHA item
    DEX item
    Attack Speed item
    Seeker

I'll see what loot gen stuff I can find, fitting all that in will be tough. I'm afraid that I won't be able to fit in seeker and attack speed, they are my lowest priorities.

It was a toss up between the PDK gloves and Immortality gloves. I decided to go with the immortality gloves because while losing 30% amp is tough, the +20 to heal skill helps some to negate it and if I went with the PDK gloves my only option for 120 devotion would likely be the trinket slot, and I think giving up 15 PRR for planar conflux would be worse. Besides the immortality gloves are optimal for outgoing healing...and I am a party healer after all. If I ever manage to get a sword of shadow shard I'll go back to the PDK gloves. Hopefully they introduce 30% amp somewhere else in the near future or convalesent drops come back.

Also for raids when I'm in healbot mode, I'll probably switch to eveningstar cleric gear for the -10% SP cost.

About to TR into this as a PDK from a soul survivor, gear layout being the following:

Goggles Deadly of Accuracy with yellow
    Helm Black Dragon Helm (Con +8)
    Armor Flawless Black Dragonplate
    Necklace Pendant of the Stormreaver / Torc
    Bracers 20% convalesent of +13 heal with colorless
    Gloves Purple Dragon Gauntlets
    Cloak GS ConcOpp HP cloak
    Belt Epic Spare Hand
    Ring 1 Guardian's Ring
    Ring 2 Consuming Darkness
    Boots Halcyon Boots / Goatskin Boots
    Tinket Planar Focus: Prowess (Ins Dex+3) / Momento of War
    Weapon ESOS* / EAGA / Skybreaker / Cleaver

* The shard is a lie... the shard is a lie... the shard is a lie......

288.9% heal amp

Seems to cover all the bases well and really help run up the defenses.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ailia View Post
    About to TR into this as a PDK from a soul survivor, gear layout being the following:

Goggles Deadly of Accuracy with yellow
    Helm Black Dragon Helm (Con +8)
    Armor Flawless Black Dragonplate
    Necklace Pendant of the Stormreaver / Torc
    Bracers 20% convalesent of +13 heal with colorless
    Gloves Purple Dragon Gauntlets
    Cloak GS ConcOpp HP cloak
    Belt Epic Spare Hand
    Ring 1 Guardian's Ring
    Ring 2 Consuming Darkness
    Boots Halcyon Boots / Goatskin Boots
    Tinket Planar Focus: Prowess (Ins Dex+3) / Momento of War
    Weapon ESOS* / EAGA / Skybreaker / Cleaver

* The shard is a lie... the shard is a lie... the shard is a lie......

288.9% heal amp

Seems to cover all the bases well and really help run up the defenses.
    really nice layout! I haven't bought the expansion and didn't know some of those items existed.

As a stand-in for the pendant of stormreaver, I find the improved deception from golden guile (epic or normal) to work great on trash all the way up to giantsd and wood woads

The neck slot definitely has the most room for variation, considering using it as a second greensteel slot currently. Having difficulty finding any way to improve on the other slots though.

Really liking the Momento of War option when not using a CITW weapon.

Community Member

Love the build, i use to play a WF, FvS, lord of the blade, almost unkillable, healing machine! Now with new enahncements and whatnot... his time is at an end. Now quick questions:
    1) with U20 here and the new way to Tr into iconic races from level 20 (instead of 28), wouldn't that build work better as a PKD?
    2) what's the biggest differences between your build and :False Hope (18 Fvs/2 Pal) https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ope-Melee-Soul, beside the obvious one (FvS vs cleric)
    Thanks for posting this

Not much different between PDK and human version other than starting at 15 and getting a 10% heal amp trinket that you can't get otherwise. Honestly liking the PDK if for no other reason I'm sick of playing a human/WF for every character, half orc animations are a nice change of pace too.

Most noticeable difference other than cleric vs fvs is having haste boost as a class skill rather than ED/Twist. Cleric is a bit more survivable than the FvS build due to passive healing but a little weaker in DPS. Overall both in legendary dread play pretty damn similarly, having just TRed from one to the other I find cleric a bit better due to the extra spell slots and zero-sp healing options.

Community Member

Not much different between PDK and human version other than starting at 15 and getting a 10% heal amp trinket that you can't get otherwise. Honestly liking the PDK if for no other reason I'm sick of playing a human/WF for every character, half orc animations are a nice change of pace too.

Most noticeable difference other than cleric vs fvs is having haste boost as a class skill rather than ED/Twist. Cleric is a bit more survivable than the FvS build due to passive healing but a little weaker in DPS. Overall both in legendary dread play pretty damn similarly, having just TRed from one to the other I find cleric a bit better due to the extra spell slots and zero-sp healing options.
    Thanks for the good summary, exactly what i wanted...
    I like cleric's aura also, just for the no trouble, lol i have a FvS, lord of blade WF... Will probably TR him into this...

I hit lvl 23 over the weekend so I have another update. Thanks to the raiders box I now have a set of nightmares and a set of celstias. After playing around with gear and ED here is what I am running till 24.

Head/armor/gloves : PDK
    Cloak: Epic envenomed cloak
    Ring 1: Signet of the Shining Sun
    Ring 2: Ring of the Stalker (fully upgraded, 150 SP, 1 exceptional char)
    Neck : Deadly 5/ accuracy 7
    Boots: Speed boots (+ 11 balance, empty yellow)
    Bracer: 20% healing amp , Superior Parrying
    Trinket: Fetish (EN, empty colorless)
    Goggles: Green steel con op SP
    Weapons: 2 x Celestia for large groups, 2 x nightmare rest of the time. I have player around with 1 x nightmare, 1 x celestia as well.

Enhancements: RS aura, speed boost (tier 1, trying to fit in more), Human healing amp tier 3, Ameliorating Strike, DM, Inflame.

ED: FOTW

Twists: Piercing clarity, improved power attack, +3 action boost

I played around a lot with gear before I settled on this setup. I may still go back to Flawless red for armor and Seal of House Szind. Once I hit 24 I will def switch to flawless black set though. With my ship buffs I am healing for 58 HP each tick of my aura. Nightmare heals me for 4-6 HP each hit.

Over all this build is a blast to play. I have only 1550 sp, but I end most quests with plenty to spare. Between Ameliorating Strike, aura, nightmare, and burst I almost never have to use SP to heal. Twin base Nightmares is putting out good DPS. I am not seeing a lot of nightmare insta kills, or level drains though. Celestia seems to crit a lot with 2 of the though. Celestia blinds targets a lot. If I can get a Ring of Deceit I may got to 1 x celestia, 1 x nightmare full time.
    Last edited by wtorchia; 11-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Also PDK get +2 to saves over humans from the Purple Dragon Aura enhancement. The only thing that humans seem to have over PDK is the dragonmarks.

Community Member

So I have a cleric that has this exact level split but mine is TWF (I want it to stay TWF, I have no other TWFer).

What are the best weapon and armor choices?

I have 2 raider's boxes and I could spare the scales for a flawless armor I guess. 2x Balizarde and Flawless Black? Balizarde + Mornh + Flawless black? 2x Celestia + some other armor? Balizarde + Agony? Nightmare + First Blood (not sure where I would fit in BS proficiency though)?

Quote Originally Posted by svinja View Post
    So I have a cleric that has this exact level split but mine is TWF (I want it to stay TWF, I have no other TWFer).

What are the best weapon and armor choices?

I have 2 raider's boxes and I could spare the scales for a flawless armor I guess. 2x Balizarde and Flawless Black? Balizarde + Mornh + Flawless black? 2x Celestia + some other armor? Balizarde + Agony? Nightmare + First Blood (not sure where I would fit in BS proficiency though)?
    I am running TWF as well. I am using 2 x nightmare right now with the PDK set at lvl 23. I also have 2 x Celestia. Once I get my PDK rep back up to 375 (80 more to go) I will be using Flawless red until 25 then Flawless black. Here are the high points of the 2 weapons sets:

Celestia:
    No Feet
    Blinding
    AOE
    No penalty to hit since it is short sword
    Passes ALL DR

Nightmare:
    Slightly higher non crit DPS
    Life steeling gives 4-6 HP per hit
    Neg level drain can be a live saver in EE
    Low chance of insta kill

I use the Celestia pair when I am against a lot of mobs, or need to break DR. 2 x Nightmare is used the rest of the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wtorchia View Post
    I am running TWF as well. I am using 2 x nightmare right now with the PDK set at lvl 23. I also have 2 x Celestia. Once I get my PDK rep back up to 375 (80 more to go) I will be using Flawless red until 25 then Flawless black. Here are the high points of the 2 weapons sets:

Celestia:
    No Feet
    Blinding
    AOE
    No penalty to hit since it is short sword
    Passes ALL DR

Nightmare:
    Slightly higher non crit DPS
    Life steeling gives 4-6 HP per hit
    Neg level drain can be a live saver in EE
    Low chance of insta kill

I use the Celestia pair when I am against a lot of mobs, or need to break DR. 2 x Nightmare is used the rest of the time.
    Thanks. I ended up taking a Celestia and a Balizarde. Holy **** Celestia procs a lot... I wish I had taken two of them Guess I'll have to do some CITW to get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by svinja View Post
    Thanks. I ended up taking a Celestia and a Balizarde. Holy **** Celestia procs a lot... I wish I had taken two of them Guess I'll have to do some CITW to get it now.
    You should see it with 2

Community Member

bump

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ome-What-to-do

CLR17/PAL2/FTR1

build added to above thread.

Any insight is appreciated.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

i am trying to create a variation of this build, but having some major hiccups.

firstly, i am first life dwarf, so the healing amp is fairly nonexistent. my aura is only ticking for 17-18. without being human, i am missing out on the free feat, but i somehow miscalculated and was two feats short to get Quicken.
    being a dwarf, i took the racial and kensai for axes, i am wanting to farm the elemental great axe from cannith challenges, but killing things with melee seems difficult. roughly 25-30 dmg per swing. i feel extremely broken and not quite sure how to fix it.

so, I LR'd to a more caster focused build with Heighten and spell focus: evocation, but i don't like having to burn through all my mana to get things to die. maybe i'm not playing correctly, but that may be because i'm definitely more melee focused.

any tips or links to other builds that might fit me better?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    i am trying to create a variation of this build, but having some major hiccups.

firstly, i am first life dwarf, so the healing amp is fairly nonexistent. my aura is only ticking for 17-18. without being human, i am missing out on the free feat, but i somehow miscalculated and was two feats short to get Quicken.
    being a dwarf, i took the racial and kensai for axes, i am wanting to farm the elemental great axe from cannith challenges, but killing things with melee seems difficult. roughly 25-30 dmg per swing. i feel extremely broken and not quite sure how to fix it.

so, I LR'd to a more caster focused build with Heighten and spell focus: evocation, but i don't like having to burn through all my mana to get things to die. maybe i'm not playing correctly, but that may be because i'm definitely more melee focused.

any tips or links to other builds that might fit me better?
    Create a new thread in the cleric forum as to not muddy up this one, and post your build - feats, stats, gear, enhancements, ect.

We'll be able to help you out. Sounds like you have some issues with your build.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast