Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wtorchia View Post
    A note on gear. I ran with 20% / 30% healing amp. This was not enough at times. That is the other reason I TRd. I wanted to try the build with more HA from human.
    Yeah racial healing amp and past life healing amp makes a big difference. Healing amp has escalating returns - the more of it you already have, the larger bonus each individual extra source of amp gives you.

Reducing the amount of time you need to spend actively casting healing spells on yourself increases your contribution to melee DPS, possibly more than the half-orc enhancements would have (although that is really hard to quantify).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Yeah racial healing amp and past life healing amp makes a big difference. Healing amp has escalating returns - the more of it you already have, the larger bonus each individual extra source of amp gives you.

Reducing the amount of time you need to spend actively casting healing spells on yourself increases your contribution to melee DPS, possibly more than the half-orc enhancements would have (although that is really hard to quantify).
    Very interested in this build. I'm about to LR+20 my HOrc Barbarian, into a more self-sufficient build. Anyone think it would work with this HOrc 32 pt?
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Give me a while and I will be able to find out for you. Right now I am lvl 18 pure cleric. I am going to use a LR +1 after I hit 19 and go for a 17/2/1 build again. I will be able to give you hard numbers once I hit 25. I do not have the paladin past life feats. I just can not bring my self to grind them out right now. I will at some point probably though.

Here are some things I did try with the last life.

gear options:

PDK gloves + 116 healing power ring VS Gauntlets of Immortality (tier 2) : The idea here was to try out a higher crit rate on a stronger heal against 30% more healing amp. I found it to basically be a wash the overall healing, but you could easily get into trouble. If I could find a better source of 30% healing amp I would keep the Gauntlets of Immortality. They help a ton with your aura and crits. I do not have a TOD ring so my 20% amp came from my bracers.

Cleaver VS lots of other non SoS weps : For THF I found Cleaver to just be top general DPS. You do not break DR, but in order to do so you loose your set bonus. E Antique axe is fine for a DR breaker if you need it. Just remember you loose hits, damage and PRR when you break the set. The other big thing is there are options in the LD ED for extra axe damage.

E Black dragon VS Corm Red : Another set up that I switched between a lot. I settled on the red over black for a few reasons.
    1) Getting toughness, fort , seeker and +6 protection in one armor is NICE.
    2) Not nearly as important. I liked the way red looked more. :P

ED/Twists:

LD was the best consistent DPS ED for me. My twists where usually : Piercing Clarity, Endless Turning, and Endless faith. You could easily drop Piercing Clarity and for something else and use the black dragon armor over it. If there was enough destiny points I would upgraded to 4/3/1 to take Purity of essence over Endless faith

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Very interested in this build. I'm about to LR+20 my HOrc Barbarian, into a more self-sufficient build. Anyone think it would work with this HOrc 32 pt?
    I did it as a HO 34 pt build with no problems. You have to cut int or dex to do it. You could also not max ST like I did and be just fine. The big thing is GEAR. If you have all of the top end THF DPS gear you will be fine.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I'm finding this is the case for me. I was human last life and horc this life with a very similar build to the one posted here. The extra DPS from horc is nice but man losing that 30% healing amp, not to mention the feat, is killer for a cleric. I'm on lvl 20 right now in FoTW with around 700 HP and bursts just don't quite do the trick for selfhealing in heavy damage situations...I run around with 30% and 20% amp on but bursts still only fill up around 1/3 of my healthbar. My aura ticks around for around 33 I believe.

I'm going to play around with my toon for a few weeks more before I TR but it looks like to me that the extra DPS from Horc isn't worth it. I'm dying more and I think I'm losing more DPS than I'm gaining in the harder situations because I can't stay in and take hits without actively healing myself.

I'll probably use my +20 heart to LR into a paladin to get the 5% healing past life then TR into a human again.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I'm finding this is the case for me. I was human last life and horc this life with a very similar build to the one posted here. The extra DPS from horc is nice but man losing that 30% healing amp, not to mention the feat, is killer for a cleric. I'm on lvl 20 right now in FoTW with around 700 HP and bursts just don't quite do the trick for selfhealing in heavy damage situations...I run around with 30% and 20% amp on but bursts still only fill up around 1/3 of my healthbar. My aura ticks around for around 33 I believe.

I'm going to play around with my toon for a few weeks more before I TR but it looks like to me that the extra DPS from Horc isn't worth it. I'm dying more and I think I'm losing more DPS than I'm gaining in the harder situations because I can't stay in and take hits without actively healing myself.

I'll probably use my +20 heart to LR into a paladin to get the 5% healing past life then TR into a human again.
    33 was about what I was seeing from my aura as well with 20%/30% HA. How are you liking FoTW over LD?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

33 was about what I was seeing from my aura as well with 20%/30% HA. How are you liking FoTW over LD?
    I personally like it much more than LD because it's easier to play and it's not as clicky intensive. To me that's really important on my cleric since I'm already multitasking like crazy. And I love the extra HP.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I did it as a HO 34 pt build with no problems. You have to cut int or dex to do it. You could also not max ST like I did and be just fine. The big thing is GEAR. If you have all of the top end THF DPS gear you will be fine.
    Thanks. But my barbarian is first life, didn't want to go through the hassle of TRing him. Would it work for 32 pts?
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Thanks. But my barbarian is first life, didn't want to go through the hassle of TRing him. Would it work for 32 pts?
    If you're a first life barbarian you could just TR into this. Otherwise Starting stats could be:

Or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Community Member

Bookmarked.

I'll be TRing my solo character for life #3 (Cleric and Fighter past lives) and was looking for a solid DPS healer build.

This looks worth the try.

I'll be doing the human version and copying the initial post build.

I ran a 18/2 paladin before update 19 and I think this is the next logical step (for me)...not sure if I agree with 10 wis and INT, but I really like the idea...had saves in the high 50s/low 60s and can do the same with this I imagine

Here is the update I promised. I went TWF or THF to try it out. The only diff in my build is the TWF feats over the THF ones and Bastard sword prof over quicken. I am currently lvl 21.

Gear:
    head/gloves/armor: PDk
    Rings: Signet of the Shining Sun , Seal of House Szind
    Neck : Symbol of the Shining Sun
    goggles: Con op SP
    Belt : Smoke HP
    Boot: Epic Boots of Corrosion
    Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak
    Wrist: Epic Scorched Bracers
    Trinket: Holy symbol
    Weapons: Dual Oathblade

Enhancements that matter:
    Human: 30% healing amp, human attack boost
    Cleric: RS aura, Ameliorating Strike.

With the 10% healing amp ship buff I am healed for 45 HP every tick in FOT. That is significantly higher then my past life. I have not even hit a level where I can use my 110 healing power ring and 20% bracers. So far I can hit a buffed st of 53. I am seeing crits in the 160-170 range with oathblade. While it is not the best DPS, it is OK for the level. Once I hit 23 I have 2 x Celstia, and 1 x Nightmare waiting for me. I still need to upgrade them, but my DPS should just when I get there. If it does not work out, I plan to LR in to the THF version of this build.

Community Member

You can put the Villager Bracers on for Wisdom and Greater Parry. That way you can slot a Accuracy and Deadly item in necklace.

Does the Wizardry IX stack with GS sp? U can slot Accuracy Deadly in goggles too.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    You can put the Villager Bracers on for Wisdom and Greater Parry. That way you can slot a Accuracy and Deadly item in necklace.

Does the Wizardry IX stack with GS sp? U can slot Accuracy Deadly in goggles too.
    Already did that and forgot. I am running a dead/acuracy 5 in the neck slot. The wiz sp and gs sp do stack though. I have a pair of 20% healing amp / greater parry bracers waiting for me when I hit 24. I will using the CITW weps by then as well. Oathblade is ok dps till 23

Community Member

first off nice build, im planing something similar but going twf instead.

i do have a question tho, does the enhancements from radiant servent stack
    with Knight of the Chalice enhancements. im thinking of extra turning
    and improved turning ?, im guessing the extra turns do.
    also does the divine light work with all the turning?

thankyou for indulging my curiosity

you friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by silinteresting View Post
    first off nice build, im planing something similar but going twf instead.

i do have a question tho, does the enhancements from radiant servent stack
    with Knight of the Chalice enhancements. im thinking of extra turning
    and improved turning ?, im guessing the extra turns do.
    also does the divine light work with all the turning?

thankyou for indulging my curiosity

you friend sil
    I am running TWF right now. Last life was a THF half orc with the same class split.

My AP is split as follows:

Human : 17 for tier 3 healing amp, human atack boost, Action Surge (3 str, 3 chr, 2 con)
    RS: 32 for aura and other stuff
    DD: 9 for +1 all saves, 90 SP
    WP: 22 for Ameliorating Strike, perma blur, in flames

I did not really have room for anything else. I was initial cutting a little from DD to take some of the Kensi stuff, but I get more from DD. I did play with the pal/cleric things stacking and they do for the extra turns. I have 16 turns right now and I have yet to run out so it was not worth it to me. If i need more turns I will up my chr, or twist in Endless Turning from US. I have not played with Divine Light. I did not take the paladin level till later, so I was out of the undead content by then.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I am running TWF right now. Last life was a THF half orc with the same class split.

Human : 17 for tier 3 healing amp, human atack boost, Action Surge (3 str, 3 chr, 2 con)

I did not really have room for anything else. I was initial cutting a little from DD to take some of the Kensi stuff, but I get more from DD. I did play with the pal/cleric things stacking and they do for the extra turns. I have 16 turns right now and I have yet to run out so it was not worth it to me. If i need more turns I will up my chr, or twist in Endless Turning from US. I have not played with Divine Light. I did not take the paladin level till later, so I was out of the undead content by then.
    You've gotta at least fit in Kensei Haste boost, that's one of the best perks of splashing fighter. 4 action points for a stacking +30% attack speed clicky is a big DPS bump.

Community Member

ty for reply
    your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    You've gotta at least fit in Kensei Haste boost, that's one of the best perks of splashing fighter. 4 action points for a stacking +30% attack speed clicky is a big DPS bump.
    The only place I can pull points from is the DD enhancements. I would loose 9 spell power and +2 all saves to do that. The haste boost is nice, but it is a temp boost that only last 2 min tops. The other stuff from DD lasts the entire time. The 9 spell power is enough to bump me from a healing tick of 43 to 45 on my RS aura. The haste boost is nice. If I really needed it I would run in ED or twist it in.

The only place I can pull points from is the DD enhancements. I would loose 9 spell power and +2 all saves to do that. The haste boost is nice, but it is a temp boost that only last 2 min tops. The other stuff from DD lasts the entire time. The 9 spell power is enough to bump me from a healing tick of 43 to 45 on my RS aura. The haste boost is nice. If I really needed it I would run in ED or twist it in.
    Twisted Brace for Impact + Fighter Haste Boost is better than Twisted LD Haste Boost + your setup.

Haste boost is incredible because burst damage is what matters in the game now, much more than sustained damage. Blue dragon in Tor is dead but the Giant isn't? Pop Haste boost right now, and get it good and dead. Etc etc.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast