Default My melee is so Bad

Hello, my Character name is Astbury since the enhancements changed i choose the warpriest path and my AC and physical resistance growth, but, my BAB and melee damage is so BAD. My Dwarf is level 11 (Cleric 10 - Fighter 1) and i only use Bludgeon weapons (Because now i can choose Axes or bludgeon) my power attack is always on and i have Heavy maces and a shield but i only deal 20 - 5* 5* so low my strength bonus is +5 and my buff change it to +7 i don’t know what’s happening please help i want to deal more damage.
    Feats:
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Extent spell
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Toughness

Enhancements:
    All the Dwarf abilities
    Warpriest 30 points

I also raise the Cha to not have the penalty i used 2 points at 2 levels
    I only cast buffs, and Hold person, greater command and curse (if the quest have humanoids), against undead just light magic's and my turns with the level 6 flame (My flame it's so weak).
    Need help please i was thinking change weapon focus for two handed and look for a maul

Quote Originally Posted by Astbury View Post
    Hello, my Character name is Astbury since the enhancements changed i choose the warpriest path and my AC and physical resistance growth, but, my BAB and melee damage is so BAD. My Dwarf is level 11 (Cleric 10 - Fighter 1) and i only use Bludgeon weapons (Because now i can choose Axes or bludgeon) my power attack is always on and i have Heavy maces and a shield but i only deal 20 - 5* 5* so low my strength bonus is +5 and my buff change it to +7 i don’t know what’s happening please help i want to deal more damage.
    Feats:
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Extent spell
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Toughness

Enhancements:
    All the Dwarf abilities
    Warpriest 30 points

I only cast buffs, and Hold person, greater command and curse (if the quest have humanoids), against undead just light magic's and my turns with the level 6 flame (My flame it's so weak).
    Need help please i was thinking change weapon focus for two handed and look for a maul
    Helloooo, former battlecleric here - and I loved it.

First off a disclaimer, I haven't tried a battlecleric recently (not since the enhancement pass) so what I'm saying might be dated.

You've gotten to the point where you need to focus on something, generalists in ddo isn't a very good thing unless you have tons of past lifes and gear wich I'm gonna assume that you don't have, so stick to 2 things: Healing and hitting things.

Healing is a no-brainer, it comes with the cleric levels as the cure spells are autogranted. All you have to do is cast them at the right time.

Hitting things is something you build for and seeing as you've already got that first fighter level, you're on the right track to a melee dps cleric.
    Keep in mind that you will NOT be able to reach barbarian or fighter DPS, nor will you be able to reach their tactics DC's, however you WILL be able to contribute with dps AND heals.
    What I would do on a first life battlecleric build is forego offensive casting completely and focus entirely on buffs, and heals. This means that wisdom is a low priority stat and thus I would only aim for 19 wisdom at cap in order to be able to cast level 9 spells. this can be achieved by starting with 13 wisdom and wearing a +6 item (I choose a +6 item because they're very common from level 15 and up) or even starting with an 11 wisdom and using a +2 tome (a single +2 tome is guaranteed when reaching 1750 favor).
    With a low wisdom you can free up a lot of build points for the two really important stats: Strength and Constitution, I'd go for a 16 base con and maxed strength, then load the rest of the build points into charisma.

Now to increase the damage you want to pick up a 2hander, I prefer axes, but a maul works fine as well.
    Power attack adds +5 damage on every hit, however with a 2hander this damage is doubled. Also with a 2hander you not only add your strength bonus to damage, you add 1.5 damage per strength mod.
    Notable spells to increase your mellee damage are divine favor wich simply adds some damage and divine power wich gives you a +6 enhancement bonus to strength (doesn't stack with items) AND raises your base attack bonus to that of a fighter of the same level.

Other feats wich increase damage output include: cleave, great cleave, improved critical (all of wich a pre reqs for overwhelming critical), two handed fighting, improved two handed fighting, greater twohanded fighting (the whole line is nice to have, but not in any way necessary).

... Okay I seem to have run out of time, I know I've missed some things, hopefully someone else posts as well. Maybe even someone who has actually looked at the warpriest enhancements.

Anyways, hope this helps
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Feats:
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Extent spell
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Toughness

Enhancements:
    All the Dwarf abilities
    Warpriest 30 points

You need to make quite a few changes. You can't fight sword and shield, you have to pick either two handed fighting or two weapon fighting to do any kind of good DPS. And you need to use slashing weapons unless you just want flavor, as they're the best. As a dwarf, use a Greataxe generally if two handed fighting because you get axe bonuses as a dwarf and dwarven axes probably if you go two weapon fighting for the same reason.

Get rid of Weapon focus feat, it is useless. Extend is nice at low levels but after level 8 or 9 you should be swapping it out for something else as it loses it's effectiveness. Feats you definitely want on a battle cleric are -

Improved Critical
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Maximize
    Quicken (take this at later levels if you want to heal raids)

Other good feats are cleave, great cleave, stunning blow and toughness. Also if you go two weapon fighting you'll want TWF, ITWF and GTWF feats. The THF, ITHF and GTHF feats are also good as they add to cleave and glancing blow damage but not as vital. If you take cleave and g cleave you can eventually take Overwhelming critical when you get to level 21.

To help your melee ability you should be putting your leveling points into STR (maybe CON if you're going to use the Throw your weight around enhancement). Save up and buy a good weapon on the AH. Use Divine might, fighter haste boost, divine power and divine favor when meleeing. Rage pots help as well.

Good luck and have fun!

Feats:
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Extent spell
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Toughness

Enhancements:
    All the Dwarf abilities
    Warpriest 30 points

A few suggestions, some of which have probably been addressed already.

1. Don't feel like you have to use bludgeon or axes. That one fighter level opens up pretty much anything. Greataxes and Dwarven Axes are fine choices, but you could go with greatswords, falchions or anything really. Most other weapons are equal to or greater than heavy maces for you.

2. You could make a reasonable sword and board melee character, but two weapon fighting and two handed fighting are probably better. Two weapon fighting will require the 3 feats associated with it. Shield fighting to any reasonable degree would require shield feats to make it worth it for most encounters. Two handed fighting, however, gets most of it's power from the weapon style itself. The two handed feats do add DPS, but are not considered essential to the build, making this choice great for a cleric who would be short on feats to start with.

3. As mentioned already, lose the Weapon Focus feat. +1 attack is not worth a feat on any class other than one with a heavy investment in fighter. Even then, it's only because it's a prerequisie and not because the feat itself is useful. Weapon Focus is a junk feat.

4. You could probably afford to drop extend spell. It is nice to have longer buffs, but the feat slots as mentioned are very tight. This and Weapon Focus could be dropped for Cleave and Great Cleave, making your melee ability much better while sacrificing basically nothing. It also opens up Overwhelming Critical at level 21 which is a great feat.

5. Put level up points into either str or con. Cha really doesn't do enough for you. Don't worry about the racial penalty. You can get items and eventually tomes to get your charisma higher.

5. At early levels where you are now, you can get some use out of spells like hold person and greater command. As you level up, you'll probably notice mobs starting to save more and more as you invest into str and/or con. Your wisdom will not be high enough for the toughest content, but you should still get some use out of these spells for a while as long as you keep your best wisdom item on.

6. Look to take the quicken feat by level 18 as quickened heals are great for both yourself and the party. Mobs start hitting much harder in epic content, making concentration checks very risky.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Feats:
    Power attack
    Empower heal
    Extent spell
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Toughness

Enhancements:
    All the Dwarf abilities
    Warpriest 30 points

Power Attack
    Empower Heal
    Maximize
    Empower
    Quicken
    Improved Critical Slash
    Cleave

There are agruments that the THF feats a better than Cleave, but you need Cleave for the LD attack. Great Cleave for Overwhelming Critical. Try to fit THF in also. Cleave is nice for weapon effects on mobs like Paralyzers for Heroic content lvl1-20.

I like Keen Falchions till lvl12 then you get Improved Critical Slash feat, so trade in Keen for Paralyzers, Cursespewing, and Metalline; of Pure good, Bloodletter. Keen Falchions take advantage of Power Attack. With a Critical Range of 15-20 natural you will be doing a lot of critical damage. Keen axes are only a range of 19-20 X3, but Keen Falchions are better at 15-20 X2. Power attack will do 20 points double damage more often and your seeker damage will count more often too.

Seek is nice and easy to get from the auction house for seeker +5. Helps with confirming critical and critical damage.

Accuracy for 'to hit' and Deadly 'damage' items are easy to get from auction also. Accuracy allows you to keep Power Attack on all the time at low lvl.

Great Axes are good for Epic with Legendary Dreadnought like Momentum Swing and Lay Waste that increase its critical range and multiplier. Epic Antique Great Ax is a nice boss weapon and easy to get quickly within a week average.

You can click Divine Power items instead of using spell or enhancements, but if you take Warpriest Tier 5 for something else then you might as well add Divine Power. You are almost ready for Aura in a few lvls and will like that though. By then Divine Power items will be easy to use and buy from the auction house.

You can easily craft a Falchion with a red slot, by buying a a red slotted Falchion auction and disjuction it at crafting. Then just add a Keen shard of pure good. You can pay a crafter for these.

If you go Two weapon many Clerics only take the first TWF feat with Scimitars, Rapiers, Kukri. These weapons have nice critical ranges.

The SOS Greatsword is the only unique Heroic item I am aware of with a different critical range until epic weapons. Epic there is the Oathblade Longsword and Drow and some other named weapons with unique critical ranges on them.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 10-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Epic Antique Great Ax is a nice boss weapon and easy to get quickly within a week average.
    Easy by what definition? Daily play? If so, how many hours. It is not as easy to get as a crafted bossbeater by cannith crafting or even greensteel. Even cleaver should be dropping more reliably than all ingredients of the eaga.

It is easy to get in a context of epic quests, which aren't that difficult. The shard is, howver, the bottleneck as for most old epic items. The eaga is nice if you are lucky and definately worth the try, though there are quicker and easier options for the meantime. And when you are at that point it kind of depends on which axe drops as 1st endgame weapon, cleaver or eaga stuff.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Easy by what definition? Daily play? If so, how many hours. It is not as easy to get as a crafted bossbeater by cannith crafting or even greensteel. Even cleaver should be dropping more reliably than all ingredients of the eaga.

It is easy to get in a context of epic quests, which aren't that difficult. The shard is, howver, the bottleneck as for most old epic items. The eaga is nice if you are lucky and definately worth the try, though there are quicker and easier options for the meantime. And when you are at that point it kind of depends on which axe drops as 1st endgame weapon, cleaver or eaga stuff.
    Aquiring eAGA is easier, faster and cheaper than aquring crafting levels required to sraft something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Gene: My melee is SO bad...

Studio audience: HOW BAD IS IT?!

Gene: It was so bad, that....

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

i have Heavy maces and a shield
    First suggestion: switch to mauls or greataxes; 2H DPS > S&B DPS. BTW, dwarf dmg bonus doesn't affect maces.
    Weapon focus bludgeon
    Second suggestion: swap this out for Cleave or Improved Crit Blunt/Slash. Also pick up Great Cleave while you're at it.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 10-05-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Aquiring eAGA is easier, faster and cheaper than aquring crafting levels required to sraft something good.
    It is however random, whereas crafting doesn't rely on luck. I've opened the seal chest 60+ times without getting a Seal (and only seeing it once), which if you're that unlucky you're way better off with crafting. Which is what crafting is good for besides pre-raid gear TRing, ensuring you have what you need when you need it.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Easy by what definition? Daily play? If so, how many hours. It is not as easy to get as a crafted bossbeater by cannith crafting or even greensteel. Even cleaver should dropping more reliably than all ingredients of the eaga.

Easier cause there is no timer.
    Essier cause you can play through the ransack.

It is almost as good as the sos for mobs. It is Metalline for bosses.

The elemental great ax is not bad and had in 2 hours play fromnwha5 I undrrstand, but the base damage is Meh.

You can get the EAGA quick if you vet the players that join. I offered a RTB for the mats and also asked for melees to show their EAGA. Heck I was just given the scroll. People can be so helpful.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_El...Fire_(Tier_3)e
    too many things resistant to fire, can get in couple hours though.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Sword_of_Shadow
    Takes years to get, but you can get lucky quick for the sword itself Heroic. The mats for Epic crafting are have a stupid drop rate.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Drow_Gr..._Weapon_Master
    Nice criticals

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Antique_Greataxe
    Mats drop average in 15-20 runs or 4-7 days
    Scrolls are at AH for about 200k plat

Critical range means your things like Power Attack and seeker will help more.
    Look at the base damage ratings too though. That is due to hit dice. EAGA is 2(1d20), so [W] increases help it out more. Also special attacks that increase the critical range help the Axes more than the Swords cause going from 18-20/2x to 17-20/2x is not as good as going from 20/3x to 19-20/3x and then adding Improved Critical. Now the SOS with its 3x is like an ax and 18-20 is like a Falchion, but it is not Metalline. Now it is still the most powerful, but takes too long to wait for. SOS is only 2d6 while the axes are 1d12 and the EAGA is 1d20, so any increase in [W] puts the EAGA ahead.

ESOS = 2.5[2d6]
    EAGA = 2[1d20]

increasing the ESOS by 1w is 3.5[2d6] while EAGA is 3[1d20]

ESOS critical 15-20
    EAGA critical 19-20

They are both 3x so the ESOS blows it away. The attacks that increase the ESOS to 14-20 is not as big a help as increasing the EAGA to 18-20 or even 13-20 and 17-20 respectively. The EAGA gains more effectiveness with attacks that increase critical range than the ESOS, but the ESOS is better for criticals.

So most say the EAGA is close to the ESOS, but the wait is a lot less.

Good comparison thread of EGAOF, EAGA, and ESOS
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-axe-longterm

If you want just one weapon for everything the EAGA is the one you want ASAP. A week is not a long time. It is probably the only thing I really grind in the game.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 10-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

http://ddowiki.com/page/Legendary_Dreadnought

Momentum Swing: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1 min) Tactical Melee Attack Perform an attack with +5[W] damage and +[1/2/3] critical threat range. Cleave attacks have a [15/30/50]% chance to reset the cooldown of this ability (this cannot occur more than once every 3 seconds). You must have Power Attack active to perform this ability.

Lay Waste: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1 min) Perform an Area of Effect attack with +5[W] damage and +1 critical damage multiplier. On Hit Knocks the target down, Balance DC (10 + Character Level + Strength Modifier) Negates.

Devastating Critical: Passive Bonus: +1 Critical Damage Multiplier on rolls of 19-20.

Headman's Chop: (prereq )Passive Bonus: When you have an axe equipped in your main hand, you gain an additional +1 Critical Damage Multiplier on rolls of 19-20.

When you start seeing these +5[W] attacks the [1d20] of EAGA takes over.

I don't have ESOS to compare in game.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Fury_of_the_Wild

is more damage and favors the ESOS over the EAGA because it is not based on [W]. It also is not based on a 19-20 natural role. They twist in Momentum Swing and Lay Waste.

Adrenaline blows LD attacks away, but has limited uses. If you twist in some resettable Legend Dreadnought attacks it can make up for the loss of Devastating Critical and Headman's Chop especially if you do not use axes.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 10-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.