Community Member

Question Premium lvl20 player wonders what to buy next?

Hi

I'm a premium player currently with 1051 TP's. I've 2 level 20 toons on separate servers and I'm wondering what to buy next. I am yet to buy any Epic Bundles 2495+ TP or Epic Destinies 995 TP

So my next options are:
    1. Buy Epic Destinies now as I have the TP and continue to lvl 28 somehow :-)
    2. Spend $20 and buy an Epic pack?
    3. TR? buy that pack?
    4. Profit?!?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

OzGoober.

I have no other class/race/slot,etc upgrades.
    I own these packs:
    -The Demon Sands
    -The Vault of Night
    -The Ruins of Gianthold
    -The Necropolis
    -The Vale of Twilight

Save up and buy Menace of the Underdark.

Before you TR, I suggest to raid a bit and get some nice items you want to use. While doing that, you can level to 28 and see if you like playing at cap.

You have a number of good packs which have loot which is very useful for leveling (VoN, Sands, GH, Shroud) as well as good at cap (VoN, GH). Epic Destinies enhance your playing experience at epic levels tremendously and MotU offers both content for leveling as well as nice loot to fill gaps while leveling (eg. Purple Dragon Gauntlets). In addition, the quests fills some gaps in heroic content.

I agree with Soulfurnace: My suggestion is to buy MotU as well.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by OzGoober View Post
    Hi

I'm a premium player currently with 1051 TP's. I've 2 level 20 toons on separate servers and I'm wondering what to buy next. I am yet to buy any Epic Bundles 2495+ TP or Epic Destinies 995 TP

So my next options are:
    1. Buy Epic Destinies now as I have the TP and continue to lvl 28 somehow :-)
    2. Spend $20 and buy an Epic pack?
    3. TR? buy that pack?
    4. Profit?!?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

OzGoober.

I have no other class/race/slot,etc upgrades.
    I own these packs:
    -The Demon Sands
    -The Vault of Night
    -The Ruins of Gianthold
    -The Necropolis
    -The Vale of Twilight
    you have the best packs for lvling a 1st life, there's no real need for tr'ing, keep it in mind, specially if u aren't a caster (and being a caster would be hard to argue, because for EE you need ED+pl+gear, for EH with ED you have more than enough)

do you like your current server? can try making 1 toon in each server to find your favourite one, this way you would get more TP too, also the only thing you're missing useful for a non tr toon are ED, only ED, you have gh,von and sands what gives more xp than needed to cap (ppl run von3 EH twice per day and change toon, fyi if turbine changed player's mind lol)

however if you WANT motu that bad, i would rather creating 1 toon in different servers than spending $$ in ddo, turbine's attitude toward their curstomerslately isn't specially good, also you have 5 raids to flag for: adq (heroic and epic share the flagging, so doesn't matter which diff you do), Fot and reaver fate(different names, different flaggings, same quests in gh with epic/heroic versions, must do both), von 5-6(same as adq) and shroud

for a 1st timer, you have enough to learn from there, while figuring what will be your next move

maybe you don't like the idea of making 1 toon on each server, but once you start grinding, tr'ing, etc and notice that your server sucks for "certain reason" (everybody has his own reasons) would make you want to leave the game

and i wouldn't blame the game if the fault is mine, also is not bad if you made friends in that server, nobody says you aren't gonna make more(or less) or better(or worse) friends out there, just flow, taste, and play every server, you'l get some free tp this way

unless you're a rockefeller who doesn't care about other players and choose randomly a server and stays in there using $ to get what he wants and/or soloing most time(plenty of these in ddo, must say xD)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

I think you have the best packs available, period. If you are interested in TRing the only recommendation is Reaver's Refuge for the final push at 18+ otherwise you are absolutely fine as many of the packs you have have epic difficulties you can use to level.

Another vote to save or take the plunge and grab MotU. You'll get epic destinies and a bunch of level 21+ quests with solid loot, as well as another Raid if you are interested in raiding.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Hello,

Honestly, I'd say get MotU and ED ASAP and then think about anything else later on as you play through the game. However, your play style would judge whether or not MotU and ED being the no.1 priority or not.

From my perspective ask yourself the question: Is TRing something I want to invest in? If yes, then no need for MotU now, just get 20 and do VoN + LoD + Sands and you'll be fine getting the True Heart materials (I know I got 2K tokens mostly by doing VoN and LoD). However, EDs will make your life easier going through these quests on epic. Though you could just grind them on EN and you won't need EDs (maybe EH even arguably).

If however you aren't big on TRing and would like to stay end game (or might TR occasionally and it isn't your goal), I'd say get MotU+ED now and forget about any other pack for now. It is worth it!!! Have to say, it is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. There is a basic version I believe for 1.6K TP (the three chain quests only without the fluff extra stuff and EDs) and EDs for 995 if you want to get them separately.

Hope that helps.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics

Hands down MoTU no questions asked! Buy it now!

The thing is huge for what you get since you get the following:

Quote Originally Posted by DDO Market
    Standard Edition Features

3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs - Featuring a multitude of epic adventures, unprecedented new wilderness areas with challenging objectives, a host of dungeons and more!

The King's Forest
    Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions!

The Underdark
    Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn!

The Demonweb
    Journey to Lolth’s home plane in this Raid quest, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme!

Epic Destinies
    Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25!

Druid Class
    Wield nature’s magic, or transform into a powerful animal form, as you play the all new shape-shifting Druid class! Free to VIPs!

Eveningstar Challenge Pack
    New challenge quests for levels 15-25! Free to VIPs!

Greater Tome of Learning

(1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4)
    Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle

Phiarlan Carnival

Attack on Stormreach

The Path of Inspiration

The Dreaming Dark
    What's not to like? The Carnival chain also has an epic version so you can get things like the Epic Antique Greataxe, you also get a class more TP's, ED's the list goes on.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Attack on Stormreach also has an epic version too iirc
    It's the Droaam chain.

No epic version, but some nice items and some really fun quests. (Protip: Plant a mine on the final chest in Undermine.)

Buy the big MotU pack that has druid and EDs. Add in the classic adventure pack bundle. You will not regret that.

I would, if I were you, favor farm/check out other servers to choose a MAIN server, and to get the 100 points of favor/server for more TP. This is where you will play most and get in with experienced players that will help you figure out optimum gear, etc. Those TP will enable you to purchase more packs. Don't buy anything you can earn in-game if you can help it. The only thing I would purchase other than content is a shared bank on your main server.

After you get some decent gear, I would strongly advise you to TR. This helps your toon get better, and helps you learn the quests much better. It will also expose you to many people. You will learn from all of them. Some teach you what to do, some what not to do. But, it is an invaluable education.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 10-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    It's the Droaam chain.

No epic version, but some nice items and some really fun quests. (Protip: Plant a mine on the final chest in Undermine.)
    Aww nuts! I was thinking of Sentinals Of Stormreach in House D.

Stoner81.

In the OP you mention spending $20 for the MotU base edition, but I'll agree with the others in the thread that the $35 MotU standard edition is far superior. That extra $15 gets you 4 packs (1600 TP list price) and 1000 TP, plus druid, eve challenges, and greater tome of learning. Ignoring the fluff, that's 2600 TP for $15 which is tough to beat.

Better still is if you can afford $50. If so, add Shadowfell standard edition ($30) to your cart and then you get to add MotU standard edition for half price, which gets all the goodness above for $17.50 instead of $35. That's $47.50 total, plus tax. Shadowfell also comes with 1000 TP, so that $50 gets you both expansions, destinies, 4 adventure packs, 2000 TP, druid, eve challenges, a character slot, an iconic and a couple tomes of learning (1 heroic 1 epic). This is a crazy good value for $50.

If $20 is your limit so you can't even get MotU standard edition ($35) then I wouldn't buy anything right now unless you plan to stay at cap. If so, you kinda need destinies so your choice is to spend 995 TP in store or just get the $20 MotU base edition in the store.

Note that all four packs that come with the $35 MotU version are good packs and you don't own them yet. It's a really good deal, especially when bundled with shadowfell.

On a side note, excellent job choosing the first packs you bought. Rock solid list, well done.

The King's Forest
    Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions!

The Underdark
    Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn!

The Demonweb
    Journey to Lolth’s home plane in this Raid quest, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme!
    these 3 are nice packs, decent loot/horrible story/gorgous graphics (for DDO standards)

Epic Destinies
    Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25!
    Highly recommended, they add great versatility and build option (with lots of grinding)

Druid Class
    Wield nature’s magic, or transform into a powerful animal form, as you play the all new shape-shifting Druid class! Free to VIPs!
    uhmmm, could be nice i guess, not a must have but nice
    Eveningstar Challenge Pack
    New challenge quests for levels 15-25! Free to VIPs!

Greater Tome of Learning

(1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.
    nice if you plan to tr a lot or go completionist, if you only do first lifers this is overkill.
    1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4)
    Start a new character at level 4!
    can be grinded with favor (though usefull if you regarly farm favor on different servers. (the 100 favor for 25tp dash)
    DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle

Phiarlan Carnival
    All gear is outdated, the end quest bugges out at times, fun story and very interesting chat mechanics in 1 of the quests, Snitch is a easy exp zerg quest on epics
    Attack on Stormreach
    fun pack, diverse quests, ok quest, nice visuals, gear has been a tad bit surpast exept for the upgrades to gear found here: ddo wiki
    The Path of Inspiration&The Dreaming Dark
    All gear has been surpassed, terror (the great sword is nerfed), extremely low exp for it's level, ok story, ioun stones are nice, when upgraded

psy's advice is sound too!

Reaver's reach is nice and offers good exp and decent quests(compared to other packs at that level)

not sure about the second "expansion" though, feels more like 2 normal packs tacked together to swindle money out of the vips, i would only recommend buying Stormhorns on sale (don't wanne encourage turbine to do this more often) for the wilderness area and later quests in the story.

if u dont have epic destinies;that is 1st on list...u have places to gain epic lvl allready

When you hit 20, EDs need to be number one. Every xp you earn from 20 on also goes into your current destiny. If you do not get them first, you will be wasting a lot of xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    All gear has been surpassed, terror (the great sword is nerfed), extremely low exp for it's level, ok story, ioun stones are nice, when upgraded
    Not all gear. Some niche items that are useful from 18-20, though definitely not required.

It's also not bad xp, if you're in a good group. Typically at 1-2k a minute, which is enough when getting that last bit of xp before capping. (Unless your group is a bit iffy, in which case it'll take a lot longer to kill them, due to inflated hp.)

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Phiarlan Carnival
    All gear is outdated, the end quest bugges out at times, fun story and very interesting chat mechanics in 1 of the quests, Snitch is a easy exp zerg quest on epics
    Epic Antique Greataxe is still solid.

Community Member

Thank you all very much!

Save for Menace of the Underdark.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Save up and buy Menace of the Underdark.
    What she said.

I'd get Amrath also.