Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Titan raid, stealth changes, or WAI devs?

Decided to do an elite Titan run today despite the rumors I've heard about the Titan getting up instantly after getting knocked down, thus making it impossible to complete.

Turns out they were mostly right, the Titan does get up A LOT faster than he used to, but it is not instantaneous. I would say it looked very much like a character being successful on the first balance check after getting knocked down. As in, he would get knocked down by the pilar, and then get back up roughly 2 seconds later, leaving very little room for the laser to hit it.

So I was wondering if this is a stealth change to the raid, or if it is indeed a bug?
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Decided to do an elite Titan run today despite the rumors I've heard about the Titan getting up instantly after getting knocked down, thus making it impossible to complete.

Turns out they were mostly right, the Titan does get up A LOT faster than he used to, but it is not instantaneous. I would say it looked very much like a character being successful on the first balance check after getting knocked down. As in, he would get knocked down by the pilar, and then get back up roughly 2 seconds later, leaving very little room for the laser to hit it.

So I was wondering if this is a stealth change to the raid, or if it is indeed a bug?

The Devs don't know - they can't complete the pre-raid.

Community Member

Probably a bug, it's been around since at least U19 launched as I failed a run not long after that came out with the same problem. Also had two pillars dropping at once too which was new.

Not many people run it and of those people that do I guess not that many are bugging it, so not on the known list.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    The Devs don't know - they can't complete the pre-raid.
    That made me laugh so hard. Thank you for that

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Also had two pillars dropping at once too which was new.
    Not new, it has been around long ago, if you're not careful how you drop them one pillar can topple the next one, and even topple the third one if they have been prepared.
    As they have a large effect area when they are falling ( except when hitting Titan for effect ) brushing near a pillar with a falling one can make it go down.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Would love to run Titan regularly but

A) There's no loot/reward worth running it for
    B) There's no one to join your group because of A) (and C) and D))
    C) Terrible PITA flagging, including a "gotcha" flag of needing to remember to repair your sigil
    D) No one can find their way to it

So it's broken? Who knew.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Just realized the title is dumb, I wanted to say bugged, or WAI. I need to pay more attention to what I write sometimes >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Not new, it has been around long ago, if you're not careful how you drop them one pillar can topple the next one, and even topple the third one if they have been prepared.
    As they have a large effect area when they are falling ( except when hitting Titan for effect ) brushing near a pillar with a falling one can make it go down.
    Titan itself can break them if they've been prepped too much.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post

C) Terrible PITA flagging, including a "gotcha" flag of needing to remember to repair your sigil

A) You should take a look at it again, there are multiple items in there that are definitely worth having on TRs. The gloves are still a great swap for UMD at any level.
    B) I got 8 to join mine yesterday in about 25min. Would have probably filled if I had changed the LFM to "already completed" at the end of the first part.
    C) It's not worse than Abbot or VoN or anything else.
    D) Greater Teleport to Twilight Forge, derp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Probably a bug, it's been around since at least U19 launched as I failed a run not long after that came out with the same problem. Also had two pillars dropping at once too which was new.

Not many people run it and of those people that do I guess not that many are bugging it, so not on the known list.
    We did not fail, only missed one pillar, we were aware of the rumors and prepared accordingly. The timing just has to be VERY precise. Had to call the laser to fire before the pillar starts to drop so the Titan falls at the same time the laser hits.
    Last edited by Ilindith; 10-05-2013 at 12:26 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council

A) Wrong. Several excellent items. At least one still useful at end game, and several more useful as really good TR twink levelling gear.

C) Wrong. Actually one of the much easiest raids to flag for, of ones that need flagging at all. You run 2 (or 3 if you don't have an airship navigator to help) quests. The whole "repair" thing isn't any different from having to get the quest bestowed for many other raids, and not as hard to screw up as, say, only talking once instead of twice to the djinn for ADQ. And, actually, the whole sigil is a freebie give-away: you don't have to flag again at all if you flagged before TRing.

D) Wrong. Lots of us can. Sorry you got lost. Check out the map on the wiki. Or GT yourself there. (See Seven-Fingered Gloves.) Or you could ask nicely for someone else to GT you there.

B) <ding ding ding> RIGHT! Though I have no idea why. Titan itself is a bit blah, with the 3-people-work-and-9-people-pike mechanics, but Twilight Forge is a very well-done raid, I think, and with great XP to back it up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    ...At least one still useful at end game...
    Huh?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Huh?
    Seven fingered gloves are one of two items in game with +5 umd and the other one is a one handed club which makes it marginally less useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Seven fingered gloves are one of two items in game with +5 umd and the other one is a one handed club which makes it marginally less useful.
    There is also the two-handed Quarterstaff, Stave of the Seer. (The club Rawel_San is talking about is the epic version of Flameward).
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Visit http://ddouniversity.wordpress.com/ for more information

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDO_University View Post
    There is also the two-handed Quarterstaff, Stave of the Seer. (The club Rawel_San is talking about is the epic version of Flameward).
    The staff is useless because you need one hand free to use a scroll. So yea.....

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default How about they just fix it?

How about they just fix it? Or at least let us know if it is working as intended or not? Ok? Please & thanks a bunch! Asking nicely/sincerely/politely!

Dev comment please! :P! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by DDO_University View Post
    And sice Race Required items no longer drops, I wonder what is the utility of a two-handed weapon with a UMD bonus.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    And sice Race Required items no longer drops, I wonder what is the utility of a two-handed weapon with a UMD bonus.
    Orbs in What Goes Up.

Prisoner Collars.
    Sorcerer encounter in Highroad.

Community Member

Consider running it now, practice if it ever goes epic.

A) I need those chattering rings to make my halfling bane weapon so I have a purge the heretics beater.
    B) Sure there is, everyone who wants to farm halflings for monster manual.
    C) 3 quests. HIPs, Head of Goldie Hawn, and Slavers. Not too bad.
    D) "Know it" LFMs were teh lulz when it was run more often.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Could we please get an answer from a dev or someone higher up?

Could we please get an answer from a dev or someone higher up? Asking nicely/sincerely/politely! Super please & thanks in advance!

It would be greatly appreciated! :P! ! ! Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Consider running it now, practice if it ever goes epic.
    Three players doing an epic job and nine others doing some epic piking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast