Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Claw of Vulkoor with new stealth/invis system impossible?

Howdy,
    I just ran the "claw of vulkoor" on my TR, as on my last lives I wanted to do it invis and sneaking. Normally invis + some points in move silently worked well for me, but this time the Guardians (and basically any scorp) detected me as soon as there was a free line of sight. Distance didnt matter (except i was that far away that they wouldnt react even if I was visible). Is this WAI and you can only get past them with hide skill and move silently? If hide does not work as well, I am not sure if it is currently possible to do this quest without killing everything. Did anyone experience something similar? It was ofc still possible to just beat everything, but thats not my prefered way of running this quest for obvious reasons *g*

Additional info: Move silently was at 26, no huge amount, but as mentioned plenty before the changes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Razahe View Post
    Howdy,
    I just ran the "claw of vulkoor" on my TR, as on my last lives I wanted to do it invis and sneaking. Normally invis + some points in move silently worked well for me, but this time the Guardians (and basically any scorp) detected me as soon as there was a free line of sight. Distance didnt matter (except i was that far away that they wouldnt react even if I was visible). Is this WAI and you can only get past them with hide skill and move silently? If hide does not work as well, I am not sure if it is currently possible to do this quest without killing everything. Did anyone experience something similar? It was ofc still possible to just beat everything, but thats not my prefered way of running this quest for obvious reasons *g*

Additional info: Move silently was at 26, no huge amount, but as mentioned plenty before the changes.
    I've tried a couple times and failed as well. I don't think it's related to move silently/hide scores, but is related to the stacking spot mobs get and the inability to really dodge it in that particular quest. So basically, I'm sure it's possible, but extremely difficult, and it's a problem with this single quest's design.

Not sure what you mean with stacking spot (dont know every Detail about the stealth changes though ^^) but extremely difficult to find the right spots is probably be true. I.e. when I went around the corner of the very first Guardian, it saw me instantly. As i mentioned above, as soon as I had a line of sight to the enemy they saw me.

Community Member

Not sure what you mean with stacking spot (dont know every Detail about the stealth changes though ^^) but extremely difficult to find the right spots is probably be true. I.e. when I went around the corner of the very first Guardian, it saw me instantly. As i mentioned above, as soon as I had a line of sight to the enemy they saw me.
    When sneaking, mobs now get little eyes around them. One eye, two eyes, three eyes... this is their spot skill increasing because you're in their line of sight. Moving out of their line of sight fixes this.

yes, it is a bit more difficult now. my sneaky skills are around 60+ on my rog and that is enough for EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Czekojin View Post
    yes, it is a bit more difficult now. my sneaky skills are around 60+ on my rog and that is enough for EE.
    So you are not doing it with invis but real hiding, if thats the problem, ok, still sad that invis is almost useless now ^^

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

sneak is broken. all mobs see you when sneaking now. funny how invisibility was broken but sneak worked. now sneak is broken and invisibility works.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    sneak is broken. all mobs see you when sneaking now. funny how invisibility was broken but sneak worked. now sneak is broken and invisibility works.
    Its the other way around, invis does not work (at least in that quest)

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Its the other way around, invis does not work (at least in that quest)
    it would have to be that quest because i use invis all the time and it works for me.

So you are not doing it with invis but real hiding, if thats the problem, ok, still sad that invis is almost useless now ^^
    i forgot to mention the invis too, of course )

Forget everything, its neither invis nor sneak, its my FvS Aura, which isn't deactivated automatically anymore when going invis or sneaking (what they introduced at some point), you have to deactivate it manually.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Sneak nor invisibility are broken. I sneak farm the vast majority of quests.
    Last edited by jalont; 10-04-2013 at 08:00 PM.

They're scorpions, which means they have tremor sense, right? Neither invis nor hide should do much of anything for you in there. Move Silently, OTOH, should be king.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    They're scorpions, which means they have tremor sense, right? Neither invis nor hide should do much of anything for you in there. Move Silently, OTOH, should be king.
    AFAIK nothing in DDO has true "tremorsense" but stuff like spiders and scorps do have heightened spot/listen to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    AFAIK nothing in DDO has true "tremorsense" but stuff like spiders and scorps do have heightened spot/listen to make up for it.
    According to the wiki spiders have tremor-sense. It's under "Limitations." It also seems to imply that Move Silently doesn't work against tremor-sense.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Forget everything, its neither invis nor sneak, its my FvS Aura, which isn't deactivated automatically anymore when going invis or sneaking (what they introduced at some point), you have to deactivate it manually.
    Deactivate manually????

Fvs aura or Epic Destiny Aura?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Why does everyone think this? /sigh

...and for the other guy....

Spiders, Oozes... hmmm.. bats....maybe that's all. (mind not working so well right now...lol)
    .. have tremorsense.

Also Dread Wraiths in the Orchard have a form of lifesense that works the same way I think.

Not much else does.
    Not scorpians... not even Driders.

Tharask hounds have blindsense, but you can sneak behind them. (if nothing makes them turn around and face you.)

Some creatures can see invis.
    At red alert all can.

.... disclaimer.... my info is old and I haven't done much sneaking since the recent changes to stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Deactivate manually????

Fvs aura or Epic Destiny Aura?
    Standard FvS Aura (the new enhancement can be toggled on/off) , my post was about heroic elite, forgot to mention that prolly ^^

Standard FvS Aura (the new enhancement can be toggled on/off) , my post was about heroic elite, forgot to mention that prolly ^^
    Thx. Haven't played my Fvs since the ep.

I know that after 19.2 was released I was able to sneak through the entire quest on my PM in Wraith Form using Invisibility on Epic during a solo run.

I did notice that being invisible or sneak no longer suppressed the Aura of Menace on my FVS, but realizing that it now has a toggle it became clear to me why they would remove that suppression. Prior to the Enhancement release this Aura was always on, now it can be turn on/off at will.

Also a Guildee of mine using his monk with Shadowfade and other ninja/assassin monk goodness, he did great until he hit auto-run and ran into a scorpion on the 2nd to the last, this was done with a full group of 6 players on Heroic Elite.

Tremor sense is really a Spider thing and usually involves Webs. Creatures like Bats/Thrasik Hounds with don't rely on Vision to "See" their target are not effected by Invisibility/Hide but are effected by move silent abilities as they still need to be facing you to sense you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast