Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Forced Escape Active - Spell Spell Point Cost: 30. Target: Self, Foe Directional, Breakable
    You radiate destruction, dealing 20d20 sonic damage to enemies around you. Enemies succeeding a Fortitude saving throw vs. (20 + Wisdom modifier) take half damage. This dispells crowd control effects such as stuns on you, and can be used when stunned or otherwise incapacitated (but still conscious).
    Level: 28
    Sphere: Divine
    Number of Destinies: 2

An error message pops up, "cannot be used while helpless" but a half a second later it triggers, releasing you and doing damage.
    It will free you from most all problems.

Cooldown about 20 seconds, low enough to be useful often.
    Do you know if it works on dancing from dancing balls? It's the only thing that effects my druid caster.

Forced Escape Active - Spell Spell Point Cost: 30. Target: Self, Foe Directional, Breakable
    You radiate destruction, dealing 20d20 sonic damage to enemies around you. Enemies succeeding a Fortitude saving throw vs. (20 + Wisdom modifier) take half damage. This dispells crowd control effects such as stuns on you, and can be used when stunned or otherwise incapacitated (but still conscious).
    Level: 28
    Sphere: Divine
    Number of Destinies: 2

An error message pops up, "cannot be used while helpless" but a half a second later it triggers, releasing you and doing damage.
    It will free you from most all problems.

Cooldown about 20 seconds, low enough to be useful often.
    Actually sounds kinda useful for a bard... Maybe I ought to dust mine off and check it out.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

The feat is an exercise in irony.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I just twist in boulder toss instead of wasting a feat slot.
    This. They're practically the exact same effect. Boulder toss isn't affected by metamagics, but it's a whole lot easier to spam since it costs 0sp.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Actually sounds kinda useful for a bard... Maybe I ought to dust mine off and check it out.
    Well it's similar to primal scream on a bard (or any kind of caster with a bit of spellpower) - a nice chunk of AoE damage, of an element type that isn't commonly resisted... and great for anyone in fatesinger with their sonic damage vulnerability debuffs.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Do you know if it works on dancing from dancing balls? It's the only thing that effects my druid caster.
    Think it does, but I'll swap FE back in with Fawngate and retest it out in detail.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    When I tried to use it, I had error saying that I can't perform this action while dancing.

Same when tried to use whem knocked down, stunned, nauseated, dazed, held, hypnotized...

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    This. They're practically the exact same effect. Boulder toss isn't affected by metamagics, but it's a whole lot easier to spam since it costs 0sp.
    Yeah. I like Wild Shot too, not affected by metamagic but no save and when you get used to the shooting method you hit multiple (up to 9) foes. Untyped = affected by spellpower and impulse.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Its damage should be doubled to be worth the feat slot and sp expenditure.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

On my fvs this feat is kinda meh, but on my Shiradi caster it's a lot of fun. Regular hits are a bit over 3.5k, crits are over 7k, stunned crits are over 11k, and stunned crits with Arcane Supremacy are over 17k. With a fvs splash and an arcane lore item, my wizard has a base 40% chance to crit force/untyped spells (5% magical training, 3% mental toughness, 6% archmage, 8% angel of vengeance, 18% lore item). Arcane Supremacy bumps that figure up to 65% when it procs. With Just Reward I have a lot of SP to play with, so I cast ruin fairly often. It's my "BOOM! Head shot!" spell for orange names on EE or any regular mob I want dead right now.
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

A casting toon probably does not....

An arcane wizard probably does not want....

A _____ might not want Ruin.
    Because they have disintrigrate / polar ray.

A pale master might not want...

Choices are good.

I agree for the most part but I think it's funny in all of your examples it excludes Wizards and then you go on to say choices are good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDwarves View Post
    On my fvs this feat is kinda meh, but on my Shiradi caster it's a lot of fun. Regular hits are a bit over 3.5k, crits are over 7k, stunned crits are over 11k, and stunned crits with Arcane Supremacy are over 17k.
    So about the same damage as Energy Burst, but for 4x the cost and single target only. Worthless. Totally ****ing worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    So about the same damage as Energy Burst, but for 4x the cost and single target only. Worthless. Totally ****ing worthless.
    energy burst has save, and can be evaded for 0 damage. And is elemental damage type - which means certain mobs/bosses can be immune or have DR against it.

Ruin cannot be resisted, cannot be saved against, cannot be evaded. It works on all mobs, all bosses, regardless of difficulty and how how high their saves are.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    energy burst has save, and can be evaded for 0 damage. And is elemental damage type - which means certain mobs/bosses can be immune or have DR against it.

Ruin cannot be resisted, cannot be saved against, cannot be evaded. It works on all mobs, all bosses, regardless of difficulty and how how high their saves are.
    This.

I tend to think of it as the "metalline aligned" of spells - its not the best output in most situations, nor the most efficient, but when nothing else works, it will.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

LOL

;;

True, also ~

Ruin has a cooldown of 15 seconds, Energy Burst has a cooldown of 30 seconds.

Compare Tsunami at 50 sp, free metamagics, and 6 second cooldown to Wild Shot at 0 sp, no metamagics applied, and 30 second cooldown?

Ruin is a feat, Energy Burst is a Twist?
    Not sure which is more precious, we shall see?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-07-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin007 View Post
    So...after hearing many great things in-game about the ruin feat I decided to take it at 27..WOW..what a joke..

Its spell point cost is affected my metas!? Really!?

Is it just me or is this not as great as a lot of people say?

To be honest i think standard Toughness is a better feat...

Thoughts?
    The spell point cost is too high. I want more for the cost of an epic feat--- epic feat and lv 27, you can't choose before.

Give it free metamagic and the spell will be ok. This is not a epic feat. Only a spell (why not several, if are normal spells without free metamagic?), not free metamagic... poor feat.

Touugness is not better. But spell point cost of Ruin is too high.
    Last edited by Iriale; 10-08-2013 at 03:33 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    The spell point cost is too high. I want more for the cost of an epic feat--- epic feat and lv 27, you can't choose before.

Give it free metamagic and the spell will be ok. This is not a epic feat. Only a spell (why not several, if are normal spells without free metamagic?), not free metamagic... poor feat.

Touugness is not better. But spell point cost of Ruin is too high.
    Ruin suck. Really. If ruin damage is blowing your mind, perhaps you need to rethink the dps strategy of your character.

So the spell does 2k damage when meta'd and spellpowered. So it takes a feat. So it also costs 100sp.

Honestly, Boulder Toss can do that. It doesn't take a feat. It doesn't cost you sp.

Ruin Sucks.

How to fix: change it to 1k base damage, and free metamagics.

And while you're at it, might as well also make hellball not suck, please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12