Thread: chest buffers

Default chest buffers

chest buffers Do thy work, How do thy work, and what do you need to do it?
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Default You need this!

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: Home of Tesrali build 2.0

Aside from Jewels of Fortune the Pirate Treasure Map and the Greater Mark of Finding and obviously bonus loot weekends all aid in increasing loot level. Though the Pirate Treasure Map only gives a bonus to YOUR loot, not your group.

Now that I type this, I don't recall if the map stacks with jewels and the mark.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Aside from Jewels of Fortune the Pirate Treasure Map and the Greater Mark of Finding and obviously bonus loot weekends all aid in increasing loot level. Though the Pirate Treasure Map only gives a bonus to YOUR loot, not your group.

Now that I type this, I don't recall if the map stacks with jewels and the mark.
    The jewel also only works on your loot not the party.

EDIT: It looks like the wiki page has not been updated yet. You only need a single feat for the dragonmark now, the rest is done through racial enhancements (human or half-orc)
    Last edited by Krelar; 10-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Just curious.

I think human clerics can buff chests as well for whole party, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I think human clerics can buff chests as well for whole party, but not sure.
    That's the type of theorizing that straight gets halflings killed. All too often people assumed if you cast bless on a chest with a Halfling dancing on top of the chest and immediately killed the Halfling, that +3 tomes would drop. And yes, I said +3 tomes, that's how long we've been murdering halflings for better loot and what do we have to show for it?

Wait....time for a new theory. We've murdered so many halflings that the loot tables themselves got upgraded to such epic heights that +3 tomes are meaningless. The only way to stop power-creep is to prevent any more halflings from dying. Everyone, stop rolling halfings this minute!
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Do they still exist? I've only grouped with 1 recently, buy its been months since I've seen another.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You're right, I was wrong in assuming the OP had any level of familiarity. My apologies.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    I originally clicked on enochiancub's link and the page timed out on me. As did my search on wiki. Both seem to be working fine now. That Dragonmark of Finding is pretty cool.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Seems to me if the new direction is truely increased focus on random loot (I am okay with that if they explode the affix variety back up to where they used to be, but DOooOOooOOOoooMmmmMMm!!!!!2 if they intend on only adding a few more) then the Finding mark just became really useful, now that it no longer takes three feats, a Human Bard or Sorc can fit an extra feat in... the painful part is the AP spent.

Of course the real problem is why bother when max roll lootgen items LITTER the eveningstar vendors, and much of this stuff is available for 9 or 20k plat.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Treasure Hunter

Default Yep

Seems to me if the new direction is truely increased focus on random loot (I am okay with that if they explode the affix variety back up to where they used to be, but DOooOOooOOOoooMmmmMMm!!!!!2 if they intend on only adding a few more) then the Finding mark just became really useful, now that it no longer takes three feats, a Human Bard or Sorc can fit an extra feat in... the painful part is the AP spent.

Of course the real problem is why bother when max roll lootgen items LITTER the eveningstar vendors, and much of this stuff is available for 9 or 20k plat.
    I noticed that too and got me a nice acid repeater from the weapon vendor in ES. I only paid 15,800 ish plat for it as well. I compared to what was avail. on the AH and it was a gr8 deal so I bought the xbow from the ES vendor.

Treasure Hunter

Default Since

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I originally clicked on enochiancub's link and the page timed out on me. As did my search on wiki. Both seem to be working fine now. That Dragonmark of Finding is pretty cool.
    Since I can get back on wiki I looked up Chimera's Crown.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Chimera%27s_Crown

If the Dragonmark is useful now, maybe I can get some more out of it with the crown?

Man, I can't believe people keep forgetting about using Diplomacy.. come on now! Gotta treat the chests right, after all!
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

EDIT: It looks like the wiki page has not been updated yet. You only need a single feat for the dragonmark now, the rest is done through racial enhancements (human or half-orc)
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post

Thanks for your answers. To bad some just can't seem to just answer the question's
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind