Right after I select my world and attempt to connect I get a black screen and the DDO mouse cursor. ddoclient.exe seems to be consuming CPU so it is doing something and the Task Manager shows it as running instead of (Not Responding)
Things I have attempted to correct the issue according to recommendations on this and the lotro forums(having exact same issue with lotro).
1. Rename the UserPreferences file and restart the client.
2. Disable all audio devices reboot and restart the client
3. Unplug, disable uninstall device drivers for all USB devices connected reboot and restart client
4. update graphics device driver reboot and restart the client
5. uninstall and resinstall ddo client reboot and restart the client
6. run dxdiag and got no problems found on every tab
7. Disabled firewall rebooted and restarted client
8. disabled microsoft security essentials rebooted and restarted the client
9. Tried running in windowed mode
10. Tried directx 9, 10 and 11(normally run 11)
Running windows 7 ultimate latest patches
In case it is graphics related
2 Titans in SLI Latest Driver
In case it is USB polling related using the following peripherals running latest version of Razer Synapse 2.0
Razer Orbweaver Stealth
Razer Naga Hex
Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Keyboard
Everything was working fine Tuesday night and then the problem started Wednesday. Checked for windows updates that may have happened and only got new virus definitions for security essentials that's why I tried step 8 above. At my wits end here. Any help would be appreciated.