Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    You get people that know what they are doing,just like any quest.

Heck i dont know Crucible but Im going to learn it now instead of putting it off.
    That's the right attitude, the quest is fairly easy once you learn it.

Plus it is literally one of the best designed quests in ddo, skipping it doesn't do you any favors if you like dnd.

There is a bug on live right now...

For the Saga: Completing A Cabal for One count as Crucible and completing The Crucible count as A Cabal for One.

*sigh*
    Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by carll78 View Post
    There is a bug on live right now...

For the Saga: Completing A Cabal for One count as Crucible and completing The Crucible count as A Cabal for One.

*sigh*
    It's only the title of the quests that are back to front. If you look at the detail of the quest they're correctly described. You're going to do both anyway, so it's not really a biggie.

Even if you were using the "skip" option to bypass Crucible, you see the detail of the quest (although it says Cabal as the title) so it's not a big problem to work around. Can't see it as being more than a 10 second fix to correct the titles ... surprised it wasn't thrown into the last patch.

Community Member

I hated being forced to run crucible to flag. Its fine with a good group but i primarily pug, and filling pugs on that quest was horrible. When it was removed from flagging gianthold was fun again for me.

Making it optional was awesome. Everyone is happy. Run it if you want, dont if you dont want to. Win win win.

Please don't crucible the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Speaking of soloing it...How do you pickup the crests while keeping the focus orb on the lever for the hireling? I can solo it with ddoor, just can't seem to keep the lever "in focus" to do it without.
    You don't need to keep it in the focus orb. Just tell the hire to turn the valve and he will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yes it should be part of the saga and it should still be required to flag.
    Agreed.

Should everything be so easy, that you walk into quest knowing for sure you are going to steamroll through it?
    I like the Crucible because you don't know if you are going to succede (speaking for myself of course, obvoiusly
    a great many on these forums have no fear of the Crucible). With great risk, comes great reward, so the saying
    goes, and the Saga's do provide great rewards. Something called a "saga" shouldn't be easy. You should
    have to earn it. It is optional, after all and not required for anything other than the reward list and
    you own sense of satisfaction at conquering one of the hardest (for me anyway) quests in the game.

My advice is to get some guildies or friends to run it with you. Be prepared to be in there for a while
    and take your time. It might take a couple of tries to succede but you will learn one of the most
    feared quests in the game.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

The flagging chain was Crucible'd once already, and because people don't actually want, you know, a challenge (a wizzy without insighful reflexes can do the swim with pots. On Elite. At level.). As it was mentioned previously, players have the option to skip possibly one of the best quests in the GH pack. Dang shame too.

Finally gives me an excuse to look for other people to do it, and try to withhold laughter when it comes to the swim. Seriously.

P.S.: If for some reason it does in fact get removed (hell, Belly is still a part of a few Sagas out in ES), what would it be called? A doulbucible? Crucible-squared? I got nothin'.
    Last edited by Eistander; 10-04-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: passing thought.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Please don't Crucible the already Crucible'd Crucible.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Please don't Crucible the already Crucible'd Crucible.
    Bu.. bu.. but it's hard and we might die while swimming because we don't know how to do it!!!

Nerf it allll!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Bu.. bu.. but it's hard and we might die while swimming because we don't know how to do it!!!

Nerf it allll!
    Good thing you were not on my last Crucible run. I'm NOT telling you our death count. Mostly because I can't count that far. It still shouldn't have been Crucible'd, and definitely not be Crucible'd again.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Speaking of soloing it...How do you pickup the crests while keeping the focus orb on the lever for the hireling? I can solo it with ddoor, just can't seem to keep the lever "in focus" to do it without.
    Turn Auto-Targeting off, see if that works. If you're not sure which key you have set to toggle it on and off, check your keymap for "Toggle Auto-Targeting." Mine is the "G" key, I'm not sure if that is the default or not.

And then, just to test it, go into some other low-level dungeon and target a valve/lever. Then go kill things/break things until something drops. Use your mouse cursor to pick up the dropped item. If the valve/lever is still in your focus orb, then you're good to go.

Community Member

Nerf it allll!
    its just a game.....removing a quest(from flagging) that many found too difficult was a win for fun...

many people get thier feeling of accomplishment from activitys in the real world...alot of people play this game to relax abit

making tedious quests optional was a win for everyone ...the amount of lfms you see for crucible is a pretty clear indication of how most players feel about it

should not be removed from saga flagging though

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eistander View Post
    The flagging chain was Crucible'd once already, and because people don't actually want, you know, a challenge (a wizzy without insighful reflexes can do the swim with pots. On Elite. At level.). As it was mentioned previously, players have the option to skip possibly one of the best quests in the GH pack. Dang shame too.
    "Everyone is playing a different game." (Quote stolen from static group member.)

Correct. Not everyone wants a challenge. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different preferences. The superior tone of scoffing "Some people dont want a challenge" does get old...

"Best" is a matter of personal opinion. Everyone has quests that he likes and hates. I will bet that any two people who compares their lists will find differences. Some people love the shavarath quests. I detest them. The raid itself is great, though. I am sure others disagree...

There is no need to force people to play quests they dont like just because a handful of players deem them the "best" quests in the game. There is always another handful that thinks those same quests are the worst quests.

Everyone is playing a different game.

My issue with Crucible was not the difficulty per se. It was the reliance on a specific toon to do many parts of the quest: high reflex with evasion. Yes, it can be done without that, but it takes a good player to do it. What this resulted in was sitting with the lfm up forever trying to get a swimmer. I agree, not the best quest to pug, but many people have no other option. If i was on a toon that could do the swim, then i didnt mind the quest because i knew we would complete. However, when i have to sit for an hour to fill the lfm, and then after an hour in a pug we wipe and half the group bails, this causes one to really loathe the quest. Not because of the quest in and of itself. Because of the pain in the arse it is just to complete.

As for help completing it, If just reading the wiki isn't doing it for you... There's always MrCow's videos...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    its just a game.....removing a quest(from flagging) that many found too difficult was a win for fun...

many people get thier feeling of accomplishment from activitys in the real world...alot of people play this game to relax abit

making tedious quests optional was a win for everyone ...the amount of lfms you see for crucible is a pretty clear indication of how most players feel about it

should not be removed from saga flagging though
    This. Agree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It should never have been dropped from flagging.

Crucible has a learning curve. Some people don't like that. But a lot of us do. .
    A piking curve would be a better way of putting it. Crucible's problem is that it is basically a solo quest with a requirement for level pullers and wheel turners. If they removed the need to drag others along to mostly pike, it would be a great quest. Piking should be a play style choice, not a requirement.

That said, I do believe it belongs as part of the saga.

Community Member

Finally, someone who thinks that.

I'm still annoyed it was removed as flagging, all because people complained it was too hard. I enjoyed taking pugs through there, now they don't fill. (Yet I managed to fill acute delirium. I was surprised, most people avoid it like the plague.)
    I'm sure it annoys you that players no longer have a reason to pull levers, turn wheels and wait around while you complete the trials anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    A piking curve would be a better way of putting it. Crucible's problem is that it is basically a solo quest with a requirement for level pullers and wheel turners. If they removed the need to drag others along to mostly pike, it would be a great quest. Piking should be a play style choice, not a requirement.

That said, I do believe it belongs as part of the saga.
    Well the Crucible is meant to be a test and each lever and wheel turning part is part of it. I don't see Crucible and its tests to be a piking quest. The only time anyone stands around for any extended period of time is during the swim. Like I said in a post earlier, I ran elite Crucible last night with 3 evasion toons and the pure paladin did the swim almost flawlessly. And than after the quest was over most of us went back to the underwater chest.

Crucible is only a piking quest if you choose not to participate and let only 1 player do all the work. Only you make yourself the piker.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast