Community Member

Default Fury of the wild and Primal avatar

Fury of the Wild:
    Are vorpals and resting the only way to rebuild adrenaline?

is fast healing effects by spell power?

what does it mean when it say you are considered raged until your next attack? Does that mean until your next adrenaline attack, activated attack, auto attack or attack of any kind?

can sense weakness be twisted without needing acute instincts?

Primal avatar:

does the knockdown on every vorpal work I read it was bugged but the thread was very old.

does the vorpal knockdown have a hidden cooldown?

what is the proc rate of summer smoke?

does the avatar of nature attack with two weapons or is it just a massive melee buff with slow hits?

do you still get the bonuses from things like 3% extra melee damage and vorpal knockdowns while in Avatar of nature?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    Fury of the Wild:
    Are vorpals and resting the only way to rebuild adrenaline? *Edit* Missed this one, but in short, Yes.

is fast healing effects by spell power? To the best of my knowledge, no. It is however boosted by Healing Amp.

what does it mean when it say you are considered raged until your next attack? Does that mean until your next adrenaline attack, activated attack, auto attack or attack of any kind?Any attack, as long as it's melee or ranged, the form doesn't matter*Second Edit for clarity, by form doesn't matter, I mean as long as it's not a Spell*.

can sense weakness be twisted without needing acute instincts?Yes

Primal avatar:

does the knockdown on every vorpal work I read it was bugged but the thread was very old.Last I heard it was still bugged and the other tiers weren't getting registered, it had something like a 2 second knock-down and that's it.

does the vorpal knockdown have a hidden cooldown?No idea

what is the proc rate of summer smoke?No idea. After using it initially and watching as it killed a guildie in an eChrono run, I've never used it since

does the avatar of nature attack with two weapons or is it just a massive melee buff with slow hits?No idea

do you still get the bonuses from things like 3% extra melee damage and vorpal knockdowns while in Avatar of nature?No idea
    In Red

Incidentally I had to "correct" that so many times due to the silly American aversion to the letter U. Apparently Colour isn't recognised. lol
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 10-04-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Community Member

Fury of the Wild:
    Are vorpals and resting the only way to rebuild adrenaline?

is fast healing effects by spell power?

what does it mean when it say you are considered raged until your next attack? Does that mean until your next adrenaline attack, activated attack, auto attack or attack of any kind?

can sense weakness be twisted without needing acute instincts?

Primal avatar:

does the knockdown on every vorpal work I read it was bugged but the thread was very old.

does the vorpal knockdown have a hidden cooldown?

what is the proc rate of summer smoke?

does the avatar of nature attack with two weapons or is it just a massive melee buff with slow hits?

do you still get the bonuses from things like 3% extra melee damage and vorpal knockdowns while in Avatar of nature?
    i'll answer what i can...

i'm pretty sure fast healing is affected by healing amp, and pretty sure (but less sure) by positive spell power

the raged effect is until your next attack of any kind

i think you can twist without prereqs, as long as you've purchased it in the tree

Community Member

wow that's terrible if the bugs still exist in primal avatar. I think that thread I read was almost 3 years old listing them =\. well hopefully more people can shed light on it thanks for answering what you could.

wow that's terrible if the bugs still exist in primal avatar. I think that thread I read was almost 3 years old listing them =\. well hopefully more people can shed light on it thanks for answering what you could.
    Primal Avatar is only a year old so I doubt it unless the writer was psychic. =P That said it is pretty sad that stuff is still bugged. It's not really the same bugs anymore but it's still bugged. Summer smoke doesn't go to mobs lately but it does remove handwrap effects from anyone using wraps.

Community Member

well if it;s just hand wraps that's fine but it if still procing thousands of damage on friendlies I guess I'll just stay away from it.

what about the two weapon fighting enhancements? You don't get any of the bonuses? that looked like a really good line to put points into. Primal avatar in itself looked great with 50% dodge on 1 min cooldown active and the incorporeal active. It also have some nice spell power, spell points and hp. Not enough as the other trees but it gave a little of each which looked good.

if half the ED is bugged that kinda ruins it for me.

well if it;s just hand wraps that's fine but it if still procing thousands of damage on friendlies I guess I'll just stay away from it.

It stopped doing that a long time ago iirc(friendly dmg).
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Community Member

what about fury of the wild's fury eternal? 33% chance on a 5% roll seems really small to rebuild adrenaline.

It does it to everyone's wraps you pass though,

that monk you ran past in the market

that monk that's a party member

you get the idea.

what about fury of the wild's fury eternal? 33% chance on a 5% roll seems really small to rebuild adrenaline.
    But how many hits are you doing?

1 hit a second, you'll vorpal once per 20 secs (avg).

Meaning.. you get 1 adrenaline a minute, give or take. Seeming you attack faster than that... esp with twf.. it's not as bad as it sounds. (Not to mention, the epic moment makes up for a lot.)

Community Member

I haven't played PA in a few weeks (leveling other destinies) but between the knockdown and Golden Guile I was spinning mobs around and knocking them on their a$$es every few hits. It wasn't uncommon for me to completely shut down my target. I'm a Tempest Ranger so my dual wielding attack rate is quite sped up, but it was quite fun, actually. Like someone mentioned the knockdown only procs every 2 seconds or something like that, but it didn't seem to matter much. If there was anything bugged about PA, I didn't notice it.

Community Member

so you experienced the 2 weapon fighting line actually working then? if so that's good. I could give up summer smoke but losing the entire twf line would have been problematic. What does deception have to do with the knockdowns though or were you just talking about furthering your helpless damage with bluffed opponents for higher sneak bonuses? I have a golden guile that would be interesting to include but my hands are pretty tied with weapons so i don't think I can get the other deception bonus that stacks with guile.

the more I look at the deception and sneak attack items the harder it looks to itemize in. getting a little off topic now but it does seem worth experimenting with at a later date for the extra + 13-15 damage.
    Last edited by Exiledtyrant; 10-07-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Community Member

so you experienced the 2 weapon fighting line actually working then? if so that's good. I could give up summer smoke but losing the entire twf line would have been problematic. What does deception have to do with the knockdowns though or were you just talking about furthering your helpless damage with bluffed opponents for higher sneak bonuses?
    Mostly the latter. I think I'm at 7 or 8 dice of sneak damage so keeping them on the ground or turned around really adds up. I didn't have a good neck item at one point so tried GG out - turned out to be fun. I don't worry about too much other Deception stuff - like the knockdown it happens often enough to keep me satisfied. I don't run a lot of raids, mostly just my static guild party working through all the epic content, so hardcore mileage may vary. I did a complete respec after U19 and found as a Ranger18/Rogue2 I'm much more effective than before (had been Ranger/Fighter). Dual scimis or scimi+kukri = frequent crits with high damage thanks to Nature's Fury, plus the whole turning into a wood woad in a big fight makes the whole line rather enjoyable IMHO. Now working through Shiradi for the long trek over to Shadowdancer, but I always go back to PA when we anticipate a tough fight.

Community Member

do you know if wood woad keeps all the twf bonuses you gather while transformed?

Community Member

With all the extra bonuses Avatar of Nature throws on it's hard to say but I think so. I've had multiple, sustained hits for 1,000+ so it really does wonders when clearing out big fights. You lose movement speed but I can't say my attack speed went down at all, so it's almost certain to pull agro if you don't have it already.

Community Member

that's neat I watched a few videos of the transformation today and it looked pretty fun. I'll have to decide between fury, dreadnaught and avatar for my melee magic hybrid. it may be difficult to juggle transformations and using spells in between it seems pretty all or nothing for that form. at worst I could use it for some burst at the end of a dot chain. The other epic moments have rather long cool downs at least with avatar it looks possible to get decent spell damage or physical damage for a short amount of time in reasonable time windows.