Default Buggy Interaction on Momentum Swing

The cooldown (60s) on Momentum Swing (LD Tier2) has a 15% chance to reset on Cleave/GCleave. It does appear to be working, however if a second Cleave/GCleave procs another reset before the Momentum Swing is used next, it actually seems to reapply the cooldown timer. Exposing Strike (Core 3 DeS) also seems to reapply the cooldown timer sometimes. So, if Cleave, GCleave, Exposing, and M.S. are in one's melee cycle, it's often the case that M.S. will go back into cooldown before being used.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by BOgre; 10-03-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Beuller?
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

I have seen instances where the icons lose the cooldown timer, but it wasn't actually reset. It keeps ticking down, and if you click to use it, the icon will resume the cooldown timer.

Maybe it is only this visual bug.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

It's not another cleave that resets it, as I've seen it happen after fights where I'm just using single cleaves to try to reset it. It almost seems like a client server issue, where the client resets it until the server updates that it didn't actually reset. Other times it seems to have a delayed reset.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The cooldown (60s) on Momentum Swing (LD Tier2) has a 15% chance to reset on Cleave/GCleave. It does appear to be working, however if a second Cleave/GCleave procs another reset before the Momentum Swing is used next, it actually seems to reapply the cooldown timer. Exposing Strike (Core 3 DeS) also seems to reapply the cooldown timer sometimes. So, if Cleave, GCleave, Exposing, and M.S. are in one's melee cycle, it's often the case that M.S. will go back into cooldown before being used.

Anyone else?
    I've had this issue for a very long time, smites(or was it div sacs? or both?) and the like used to do it too, don't play my pally much anymore to verify it's it's still the case for obvious reasons. There's probably a plethora of things that cause it now, what with all the one off attacks every prestige has so hopefully it's not just us and more people will chime in.

The only advice I can give is watch your hotbars closely after each Cleave or Momentum Swing(you could also lose Lay Waste too) and swing accordingly, rather than use a wrote attack cycle you have to ad-lib. Makes things more dynamic, but you do end up staring at hotbars more than the action sometimes which is no fun at all.

Edit: It might just be the 3 second window thing, so if you Cleave and then M.S. in the same 3 sec window it breaks it type thing.
    Last edited by Ayseifn; 10-05-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Nice to hear some feedback. I loathe watching cd timers instead of action, so basically i'll M.S. when it's appropriate with no regard to whether or not it's actually off cooldown. If it procs great, if not, well, i'm subconsciously keeping a tally and at some point will just swap it out, chalking it up to borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It's not another cleave that resets it, as I've seen it happen after fights where I'm just using single cleaves to try to reset it. It almost seems like a client server issue, where the client resets it until the server updates that it didn't actually reset. Other times it seems to have a delayed reset.
    It looks to me that it's just it, some kind of client desync. This is most annoying thing for my melees for a long time.
    Often it's even worse - cleave seem to reset it, I click it, animation of MS do play but no damage comes out. And then MS returns to the old cooldown, as it havent been reset at all. Other times it works fine, properly resetting MS several times in row.

I dont think it has anything with smites/div sac/etc, as I had exactly this same issue on my cleaving cleric long before enhancement pass - only had cleaves & twisted MS back then.