Community Member

Default I need to be talked off the ledge.

I have been trying to make a warpriest since the update and have just not found anything I like.

I got the idea today of going bladeforged 13 sorc/5fvs/2 paladin and am not seeing where I am wrong.
    My plan is full warpriest, racial and some aov completely skipping all the Sorc enhancements.

I can only theory build at this point since I don't have Bladeforged yet.

My thinking is... get an Esos(I know, easy part) pick buffing spells and then go to town. I could even see 6 fvs for the Bladesworn transformation.

This will be a melee build only using buffs and reconstruct, but would have a lot of SP to spend on them.
    -And full bab from the 5th tier warpriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_Redbeard View Post
    I have been trying to make a warpriest since the update and have just not found anything I like.

I got the idea today of going bladeforged 13 sorc/5fvs/2 paladin and am not seeing where I am wrong.
    My plan is full warpriest, racial and some aov completely skipping all the Sorc enhancements.

My thinking is... get an Esos(I know, easy part) pick buffing spells and then go to town. I could even see 6 fvs for the Bladesworn transformation.

This will be a melee build only using buffs and reconstruct, but would have a lot of SP to spend on them.
    My only thought is everything this build can do, a jugg could do better, it would just require clickies for haste and displacement.

Last I checked the scribing mark reconstruct works with Bladesworn Transformation so I'd think hard about FvS 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    My only thought is everything this build can do, a jugg could do better, it would just require clickies for haste and displacement.
    Yeah you are probably right. I may be trying to hard to use the warpriest PRC. Maybe it's not really worth it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Jugg have Armor of Speed, they only need Displacement clickies/scrolls

You can try my built 12fvs 6ranger 2monk, I've ran the numbers and it has more DPS than Juggs.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ns-Suggestions
    Last edited by Xeno5k; 10-04-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

I am unconvinced you will ever be able to get bladeforged. It was billed as a pre-order bonus, and it isn't included with any of the Shadowfell packages that have been available since Shadowfell went live.

I suspect it is pre-order only, never to be available to new players like the onyx panther. Hopefully I'm wrong, but don't count on being able to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I am unconvinced you will ever be able to get bladeforged. It was billed as a pre-order bonus, and it isn't included with any of the Shadowfell packages that have been available since Shadowfell went live.

I suspect it is pre-order only, never to be available to new players like the onyx panther. Hopefully I'm wrong, but don't count on being able to buy them.
    Devs said the iconics will be offered on the Store individually for 1250 TP each in a future date. While the other 3 can be acquired by simply buying the expansion, I think Bladeforged will be on that option too.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Devs said the iconics will be offered on the Store individually for 1250 TP each in a future date.
    The official description of Bladeforged was that it was only available via preorder. The other iconics will be available in store, but I'm skeptical that Bladeforged will be.

The devs have never said that Bladeforged would be offered in the store.

The official description of Bladeforged was that it was only available via preorder. The other iconics will be available in store, but I'm skeptical that Bladeforged will be.

The devs have never said that Bladeforged would be offered in the store.
    Depending on how u20 is implemented, I'm fairly sure they will be. If iconics offer past life bonuses needed for completionist.. I see serious forum rage if you need to have pre-ordered to have completionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    If iconics offer past life bonuses needed for completionist.. I see serious forum rage if you need to have pre-ordered to have completionist.
    IIRC it has been explicitly stated that Iconic past lives won't be needed for completionist.

EDIT: Found the post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Iconic Heroes are essentially a separate system with their own design.

It is unlikely that Epic Completionist would involve Iconic Past Lives.
    Iconic Heroes can perform Epic Reincarnations like any other character.
    We don't currently intend for the existing Heroic Completionist to be affected by Epic or Iconic Past Lives.
    So not as definitive a statement as one might hope, but at least that is/was their thinking.
    Last edited by Urist; 10-05-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Depending on how u20 is implemented, I'm fairly sure they will be. If iconics offer past life bonuses needed for completionist.. I see serious forum rage if you need to have pre-ordered to have completionist.
    This would be a compelling reason to think that Bladeforrged would be introduced to the store except for that dev quote. Specifically not including iconics in a completionist path could be viewed as evidence that Bladeforged will NOT be coming to the store.

This would be a compelling reason to think that Bladeforrged would be introduced to the store except for that dev quote. Specifically not including iconics in a completionist path could be viewed as evidence that Bladeforged will NOT be coming to the store.
    Fair enough - I hadn't seen that quote.

Fair enough - I hadn't seen that quote.
    Neither had I. When I first read your response about completionist you had me convinced; no way is completionist getting tied to an iconic new players can never buy.

Then when I scrolled down and saw that dev quote, it could go either way.

Community Member

There is a button to buy the BF epic class on the character creation screen that currently leads to this message "Unknown offer id in request; cannot process request." Either the developers are ******** and just put that button in to taunt those of us that bought the expansion but did not pre-order, or BF will be available for purchase with the update that makes all the other Iconics available. In any case, if BF never become purchasable the devs are leaving a ton of money on the table, because that is by far the most interesting iconic class.