Community Member

Default If I TR now, will I miss out on Mabar stuff?

I've been holding off on TRing because I thought Mabar was about to start, but I still see no dates attached, so I'm wondering if I TR now if I have enough time to get into a level range where people actually kill the dragon. (Is it doable at low level?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavnas View Post
    I've been holding off on TRing because I thought Mabar was about to start, but I still see no dates attached, so I'm wondering if I TR now if I have enough time to get into a level range where people actually kill the dragon. (Is it doable at low level?)
    Last year it was actually much better to farm motes on mid level characters because epic mabar was pretty much broken. I collected all my motes on a L14 druid. Historically Mabar has been 4 days or so centered around Halloween. They might do one more preview weekend but the timeframe for it has always been very limited.

Community Member

That depends entirely on how fast you level. If you can get back to 21ish in a couple of weeks then you should be fine. If not, don't expect to complete very many Dragons, since that is what is important, not farming motes.

Community Member

You won't miss out on much. The dragon is easier to kill at low levels (although it is not easier for low levels to actually kill it. Think of the kobolds in KA are easier to kill than the kobolds in Enter the Kobold. At level they aren't easier (although they could be). I have been in low level groups in the past that have killed the dragon The biggest problem (and mostly cause of failure) is that at low levels there are more people who are new and don't know what they are doing. Although with Icon heroes and stones of experience this could also be a problem at high levels.

Unlike past years the materials you need to make high level items (fangs and lich dust) don't drop any more, they can only be bought with motes (and are cheaper than in the past). This is based on the release notes issued yesterday.

I would say over all go ahead and TR.

See this all depends on what level ranges are populated - Dragon is killable at all levels if their is enough to do it...

What Turbine has done is made an incentive to run "All" of your characters at least 3x (Once per day) to get access to a +5 Tome. While there maybe some out there that already have +5 in all Attributes it is not true of the entire population.

So again it will be hard to say without knowing the population of MABAR. It can only be speculation.

I believe that there will be a population at all of the levels, but that is based off of believing everyone will want to get at least the +5 Tome on all of their existing characters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    See this all depends on what level ranges are populated - Dragon is killable at all levels if their is enough to do it...

What Turbine has done is made an incentive to run "All" of your characters at least 3x (Once per day) to get access to a +5 Tome. While there maybe some out there that already have +5 in all Attributes it is not true of the entire population.

So again it will be hard to say without knowing the population of MABAR. It can only be speculation.

I believe that there will be a population at all of the levels, but that is based off of believing everyone will want to get at least the +5 Tome on all of their existing characters.
    Is the +6 tome no longer there? Because if not the character in question has all +5s, and I can just go ahead and TR and not worry about this char during Mabar at all (getting alts some tomes would increase my incentives to play them at some point otherwise they're so far behind with their total lack of tomes and 32-point builds).

Community Member

Is the +6 tome no longer there?
    The +6 tome was dropped, just one +5 BtC tome per character.

This is true. But I am still very skeptical. I think that the hardcore players will get all of their alts done over the first week + weekend that it is open, and others will be too scattered to fill many Dragons at sub-epic levels after that. I hope that I am proven wrong.

What Turbine has done is made an incentive to run "All" of your characters at least 3x (Once per day) to get access to a +5 Tome.
    Hmmm, this changes my thinking on it. I had interpreted it as 1 piece per day per account towards the +5, not per character. So I was working out what characters to prioritize.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.