Default epic and arcane archer..

are any of the arcane archer dc imbue any useful in epic? i mean like fear and para shot? they seem to have dc 26 at max..... wonder if they are wroth getting for end game epic..

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    are any of the arcane archer dc imbue any useful in epic? i mean like fear and para shot? they seem to have dc 26 at max..... wonder if they are wroth getting for end game epic..
    I never used fear so i can't comment.

BUT: i loved a paralyzing bow when i was level 12-16 or so... but as i leveled up, it just stopped working with a DC of 17. The DC 26 means that it does work on mobs at epic levels. If you like crowd control with your AA build then i would say it is sweet.

note: there was, and may still be, a bug with the bow and the imbument. it keeps detoggling if u switch weapons and u will have to relog to stabilize your imbument. this detoggling happens if u use a clickie on a weapon as well since u have to equip it, so a raise dead or stone skin is going to mess everything up.

I have Pinion so i just don't have to use other bows and so i broke down my green steel weapons for ingredients and shipped them off to another character.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    No idea about Epic levels, but I seem to recall having some problems landing Paralyzing Shot at level 8. I simply can't believe it'll be any different on Epic difficulty. Especially Epic Elite.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-03-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

They land as much as they used to. 1 in 20.

I recommend staying with damage like acid with the destruction added in, and use twists from shiradi for CC instead.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    No idea about Epic levels, but I seem to recall having some problems landing Paralyzing Shot at level 8. I simply can't believe it'll be any different on Epic difficulty. Especially Epic Elite.
    My Paralyzing Shot (DC=27) works just fine on Epic Hard. Haven't tried Epic Elite yet.

cool many thx guys =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    My Paralyzing Shot (DC=27) works just fine on Epic Hard. Haven't tried Epic Elite yet.
    Not all quests are equally difficult. Epic Elite Bargain of Blood is a complete joke compared to practically every other Epic quest. Even some of the Heroic content a couple levels lower is harder. So which content specifically?
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

I already TRed my ex-ranger but para shots are very useful on EH, it just para almost everything.
    On EE I had problems, tho. E.g. I ran EE Dont drink the water and it paralyzed only something here and there. I swapped it soon for the flame to cause more dps if i remember.
    I usually toggled para in raids like Von, where it helps, or the quests you need to solo (it helped me to survive EH the last quests in Storm horns while self healing with cocoon).

Quote Originally Posted by Czekojin View Post
    (it helped me to survive EH the last quests in Storm horns while self healing with cocoon).
    Did it take multiple shots to land? Or did it land consistently on the first shot? Though that would explain why I haven't seen anyone use it, most of the AAs in my guild tend to stick to Epic Elite.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Did it take multiple shots to land? Or did it land consistently on the first shot? Though that would explain why I haven't seen anyone use it, most of the AAs in my guild tend to stick to Epic Elite.
    Not always the first shot. Sometimes more, sometimes the first. But I 'think' I definitely did not need more than 10 shots to hit para.