Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Devs please distinguish Owned vs. Purchasable Quests in the Adventure Compendium

Pretty much the title.

The majority of my DDO playtime is spent playing with with a Static Duo (My Friend and Me) and a Full static group (MY PnP Group) most of which are Premium players with a varied amount of purchased quests...One of my friends and I for example have been playing much longer than the rest and have all but 2 adventure packs so pretty much everything is open to us so to when Duoing we really could care less

On the other hand when gaming with our larger static group were pretty lost on what quests we can and can't do...it's pretty much trial and error which is a PITA and quite frustrating as the ages of the people in this group as well as their income are quite varied (Between 17-30) and buying turbine points has to be planned and agreed upon by everyone so they can't just buy adventure packs whilly nilly.

Now if the adventure compendium actually said whether a quest is F2P, Purchasable or Owned, it doesn't need anything super large just a small icon for each quest (see below) than this would not only make planning which packs to buy more convenient it would also make actually questing alot less frustrating so Win-Win for both Turbine and the players

Here's a quick pic of what I'm thinking

Afterthought: Maybe add a 4th symbol to show if an particular purchasable A-Pack is on sale)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

2014 DDO Players Council

That would be good.

I'd also like to see some quests listed twice: their Heroic and Epic versions should be listed separately.

Showing me that there are 3 groups for a quest I want to run is useless when I'm level 11 and the groups are all for levels 20-28. Or, when I'm doing Epic content, it's hard to find what quests there are for my level because sorting by level doesn't work for Epic quests with Heroic versions; they're sorted by the Heroic level.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

This is a good idea. Always mentioning a way for Turbine to add an icon for going to the DDO store is how you put a carrot in front of any idea.

Not having this now, does not stop me from playing.

You can just check the DDO store to see if you own the pack now.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Not having this now, does not stop me from playing.
    Oh most definitely not we play regardless we actually often say "DDO is the buggiest MMO we've ever played but for some reason we don't really care" but adding this would GREATLY decrease the amount of downtime between quests which would be great because when we do play we usually only have a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    That would be good.
    I'd also like to see some quests listed twice: their Heroic and Epic versions should be listed separately.
    QFT!!

This is a good idea.
    That would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batallia View Post
    +1..... What a great idea
    Thank you

Always mentioning a way for Turbine to add an icon for going to the DDO store is how you put a carrot in front of any idea.
    Wasn't really the plan I was more thinking of a seamless way to get the content you want but if it encourages the devs to make this change, works for me
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    <snip>
    Great idea!
    This would definitely help distinguish things..
    Even as a VIP I can see the benefit, since I don't always know which quests are free, pay, etc. off the top of my head and getting the guild runs together entails having to look them up sometimes.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Even as a VIP I can see the benefit, since I don't always know which quests are free, pay, etc. off the top of my head and getting the guild runs together entails having to look them up sometimes.
    Yeah it would make it so I could actually suggest quests to my friends that I know are fun and I'll know their F2P since they won't have a symbol or w/e symbol they choose to represent free.

Community Member

This would be tremendously useful! Or at the very least, when sorting quests by level there should be some way to switch them to be ordered at their epic level rather than heroic.

we do need something. i ran the chain once that gets you over to Wheloon, but i couldn't do the last quest. at first i thought it was bugged and tried to find it on the known issues list. than i realized i don't own the pack for the last quest after i looked it up on wiki. an icon of some sort would lessen the confusion a lot.

I agree

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Showing owned/f2p vs. unowned p2p quests is a great idea. Heck it gives Turbine an opportunity for another 'click here now to buy!' link. Listing heroic and epic versions is also an excellent idea.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Quote Originally Posted by darkly_dreaming View Post
    Showing owned/f2p vs. unowned p2p quests is a great idea. Heck it gives Turbine an opportunity for another 'click here now to buy!' link. Listing heroic and epic versions is also an excellent idea.
    ugh. i have to agree with this. opportunity for a chance to get players to buy content they don't own. a shortcut directly to the store if you click on it. why they haven't already done this i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    ugh. i have to agree with this. opportunity for a chance to get players to buy content they don't own. a shortcut directly to the store if you click on it. why they haven't already done this i don't know.
    Well they did that on lfm, if you dont have it there will be buy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Yeah but everyone just clicks "dont show quest im not eligle for" so they only see quests of their level and looking for their class but this of course removes quests you don't own so is pointless

Better to put it in the adventure compendium where all the quests are listed not just the ones people happen to be doing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    i see Wheloon on the lfm right now for my level range. i don't own it.

I suggested something similar a while back about adding an icon in the Adventure Compendium that would let you know whether or not you owned the quest. Quartermaster even commented that he liked the idea.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I suggested something similar a while back about adding an icon in the Adventure Compendium that would let you know whether or not you owned the quest. Quartermaster even commented that he liked the idea.
    Hmmm maybe QMX will pop in and say hi, see if theres any progress on this.

I necro'd the old thread to see if it gets his attention. Should show in his subscribed threads list.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I necro'd the old thread to see if it gets his attention. Should show in his subscribed threads list.
    or it will get cubethulu'd :P

I did use the oppurtuniy to link to this thread though
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Community Member

Even just giving the pack name in the tool-tip description would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast