Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    It occurred to me that the old EPIC content is almost useless. With VoN 3 as an exception, the XP is horrible
    Epic XP is quite good in almost all epic quests.

VON 3 is ridiculously good, but that doesn't make the others "horrible".

I'd like to see all the old level 20 epic items have upgrades (using comms) to level 25 and later level 30 versions. All old raids should have an epic version that drop comms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    The matter of what Turbine could improve upon will vary from person to person. Myself, I only give half a thimble-full of a damn about Epic. My concerns are elsewhere. However, I also know that Turbine will not change the game to suit me and my preferences. Nor any other player's. They do as they feel is best, and none of us armchair Devs will sway that. The day that I feel that DDO has become to far out of alignment with what I want to play - I'll stop playing. To talk in absolutes about what will "save" the game is silly. What saves it for one person is just giving another reasons not to play. So, the Devs shoot for mass appeal... and I think their track record there isn't too bad. The game is still running, I still run into new players all the time, and the most vigorous complainers never seem to leave (myself among them).

If DDO becomes irredeemable for you, don't sit around waiting for it to get better. Complaining on the forums is a useless, impotent gesture 99% of the time. Just find another, better suited, game to play and have fun. No point in being miserable waiting for change that will in all likelihood never happen. Games are meant to be fun. If you've stopped having fun with a game, for whatever reason, then it's best to put it behind you. The grass may not be greener... but at least it'll be a different yard with new stuff to look at.
    Great post!

Memnir's all grown up and mature now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    No, endgame is not where the focus of grinding gear is. Grinding XP and gear is what you do to power up for actual endgame.
    What exactly IS this magical, mystical, arcane, ACTUAL endgame you keep referring to?

It's not gear grinding.... it's not raiding for loot...

Can you explain it, in one sentence (or less)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Memnir's all grown up and mature now!

Put Psionics in the game. Sell the class in store or unlock with favor running the quests from the new expansion that
    introduces the class to the game. Brings in money for Turbine and brings in new players and brings back some who
    left the game. The new expansion could be something new besides Eberon or FR (or it could be another continent
    on Eberron, but I'd really like to see another portal open up to Ravonloft or Dragonlance - alternatively you could
    introduce Spell Jammers and then branch out from there - or even Darksun for Epic Only Quests and raids).
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    What exactly IS this magical, mystical, arcane, ACTUAL endgame you keep referring to?

It's not gear grinding.... it's not raiding for loot...

Can you explain it, in one sentence (or less)?
    Content that is so difficult all the previous grinding must be done to complete, thus rewarding the grind.

Content that is so difficult all the previous grinding must be done to complete, thus rewarding the grind.
    No that's challenge with zero reward or reason to run it. That sometimes works in single player games but does not work in mmo's you don't understand pve based mmo's and they probably aren't for you. I really think you will never be happy playing one and should look for one with a pvp base or stick to console games.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Epic XP is quite good in almost all epic quests.

VON 3 is ridiculously good, but that doesn't make the others "horrible".

I'd like to see all the old level 20 epic items have upgrades (using comms) to level 25 and later level 30 versions. All old raids should have an epic version that drop comms.
    The XP in the new chains sucks. It's terrible, stuck with the awful "placeholder" values we saw in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    No that's challenge with zero reward or reason to run it. That sometimes works in single player games but does not work in mmo's you don't understand pve based mmo's and they probably aren't for you. I really think you will never be happy playing one and should look for one with a pvp base or stick to console games.
    Don't forget Farmville.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Very odd statement, as I'm not the one constantly complaining about DDO

Community Member

You are in the wrong game. try wow. Lvl 90 raids are beasts that take hours to run and you must grind out gear from other content before you would consider running the raid.

Community Member

Clearly, they need Supergear. Instead of dropping new loot, they add an altar and another half-broken system in which they combine the new Epic items with the old ones to make Supergear. And just to add more incentive, they change it so that bound items take perma-damage, but not Supergear. Clearly, it will be all part of another "expansion," because if they called it a new adventure pack, they'd have to make it free to VIPs.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Why is it that every suggestion to improve DDO attracts every troll on the boards posting garbage?

IMO the #1 thing that needs to be fixed with the old epics is the ludicrous way the three difficulties are calculated from each other. Scrap the 'EN = 60% base CR, EH = 85% base CR, EE = 125% base CR, all stats derived from that' garbage and go back to actually thinking out how tough each mob should be, based on the skill and gear levels the content is being designed for.

Monsters should do new things on EE, not just have higher stats. (And the stats don't need to be much higher than EH, the gear difference between players in the top 10% and the top 50% is real but isn't enormous).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Spaceships

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Why is it that every suggestion to improve DDO attracts every troll on the boards posting garbage?

IMO the #1 thing that needs to be fixed with the old epics is the ludicrous way the three difficulties are calculated from each other. Scrap the 'EN = 60% base CR, EH = 85% base CR, EE = 125% base CR, all stats derived from that' garbage and go back to actually thinking out how tough each mob should be, based on the skill and gear levels the content is being designed for.

Monsters should do new things on EE, not just have higher stats. (And the stats don't need to be much higher than EH, the gear difference between players in the top 10% and the top 50% is real but isn't enormous).
    I found you signature line interesting and Googled EVE. When I clicked the link to read about the game I got the following errors in FF and IE.

I got a chuckle and wanted to share. I suppose all games have their bugs.
    Last edited by Livmo; 10-03-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Wink Endgame

Endgame is getting to completionist. :P It says it right in the feat. "You win DDO!"

http://ddowiki.com/page/Completionist In case you care to check it yourself ;P.
    Khyber:
    Zenavathar 1rog/5monk/2pal life 12 of TBD; Zenarcanum 18 arti 2nd life; Zenmachina 7 wiz/ 1 rogue 2nd life; Zenchakra 7 monk 2nd life; Zenthinks 20 monk/6epic 2nd life.

Community Member

It's either that, or someone nay-saying an idea because it doesn't cater to their play style and it might take resources from the devs. A few just fade off...

I can get behind that idea, especially with old monsters learning new tricks.

Touching back upon the old epic items, I've had an idea about uniting the old system with the new per-difficulty system. Instead of needing Scroll/Seal/Shard, a single item is needed to upgrade a heroic item to its epic counterpart. This item is dropped on EN difficulty; if the quest only has epic difficulties, then the base "epic" item is dropped then. Then, on EH, another item can be farmed. This item can be used to increase a base epic item, to a "tier 2" kind of effect. EE, a third drop can be farmed out, in order to upgrade a tier 2 epic into a tier 3.

This proposal allows more casual gamers to obtain basic epic gear at a more reasonable rate, while maintaining a grind for those who want a more powerful version. I also think this could be used to bring some relevance back to some of the epic items, because the grind is reduced for the base item, and it allows two tiers of further upgrades.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Quote Originally Posted by Worldcrafter View Post
    It's either that, or someone nay-saying an idea because it doesn't cater to their play style and it might take resources from the devs. A few just fade off...
    I don't mind people saying 'I don't like this idea, here's why'. It's the off topic garbage and "You're a fanboi!" "Yeah, well you're an elitist jerk!" idiocy.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    I cant wait til they split legendary into LN, LH and LE
    noooooo... plz nooooo
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Worldcrafter View Post
    It's either that, or someone nay-saying an idea because it doesn't cater to their play style and it might take resources from the devs. .

Touching back upon the old epic items, I've had an idea about uniting the old system with the new per-difficulty system. Instead of needing Scroll/Seal/Shard, a single item is needed to upgrade a heroic item to its epic counterpart. This item is dropped on EN difficulty; if the quest only has epic difficulties, then the base "epic" item is dropped then. Then, on EH, another item can be farmed. This item can be used to increase a base epic item, to a "tier 2" kind of effect. EE, a third drop can be farmed out, in order to upgrade a tier 2 epic into a tier 3.

This proposal allows more casual gamers to obtain basic epic gear at a more reasonable rate, while maintaining a grind for those who want a more powerful version. I also think this could be used to bring some relevance back to some of the epic items, because the grind is reduced for the base item, and it allows two tiers of further upgrades.
    finally someone else is contributing to the post... I would delete all other posts up until this one if I could.

Very nice suggestion for changing the already existing Epic Mechanic and allowing it to phase off into higher CR ratings. EN could be CR 20, EH could be CR25 and EE could be CR28 or 30.

Good alternative to the post that I had originally posted.
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12