Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvurdragon View Post
    hmmmm and if it is Dragon Disciple, it would be interesting to see the way it is implemented that would work both with a Sorcerer and a Bard. I only hope that it is not provided to Wizard, as the whole idea of DD is that Sorcerer and Bardic spell-casting powers are derived from dragon blood...(hence no need for memorization)

and btw - this is not a slam at Wizards, as I do not normally play Sorcs (i'm a wizard-lover). I'm only referring to the continuity of the prestige.
    In correct or at least partialy, bardic powers are not draconic period! and dragonic bloodline is only one of many sorcerer options

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Not quite.

Sorcerer have some magic influence on their birthday. Dragon descendency (and fey and elemental and extraplanar and...) is one possible reason. Magical experiments on stillborns is another. Simple magical aptitude is another. There is a ton of lore reasons for someone to develop sorcerer powers on 3e.

Bards don't need to memorize their spells because they have learned them while traveling and seeing marvelous stuff, and kinda emulated them with their magical songs. It is not educated spellcasting like wizards, natural spellcasting like sorcerers, or granted spells like clerics. They just see it, think it is kinda awesome, and mimic their effects. (Or something like that, SRD have no lore, and I don't have my books anymore)

For DD specifically, dragon heritage is the main reason why both classes can do that. But it is not the condition for every bard or sorcerer around.
    Exactly and in my campaign dragons did not breed with lesser beings or actually could not. I didnt like it when I ran 3.x and didnt allow DD's anyways.

Now of course I run a superiour game for my pnp needs.

I hope its not DD but sadly it will proably be so.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Exactly and in my campaign dragons did not breed with lesser beings or actually could not. I didnt like it when I ran 3.x and didnt allow DD's anyways.

Now of course I run a superiour game for my pnp needs.

I hope its not DD but sadly it will proably be so.
    Ok Uska explain to why people seem to hate half-dragon, Dragonborn, Draconians,etc. so much I always thought they were interesting races (especially the turning to stone thing on death in Dragonlance...oh so many PCs I've ****ed off with that one)

Also every time I hear about you DMing it sounds very "Draconian" is that just your group that has house ruled things out due to their preference or is it just you, I'm just curious why you seem to hate so much about DnD.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    ooh, Dragon Disciple.
    Ohhh nice, i hope we get to turn in a green dragon and leave piles of green dragon poo all over the market!

Oh joy!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    ooh, Dragon Disciple.
    I called this in an earlier thread like last week.. slightly excited to see how they translated it into DDO.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    I called this in an earlier thread like last week.. slightly excited to see how they translated it into DDO.
    Heh pretty much everyone called it as DD :P This just cements that assumption.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Founder

If it is dragon disciple I hope we aren't locked into the same fire/cold/acid/lightning that we are with the savants....

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    If it is dragon disciple I hope we aren't locked into the same fire/cold/acid/lightning that we are with the savants....
    Well if they included "Gem Dragons" there would be options for Light, Sonic and Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Arcane Trickster is a Wizard+Rogue prestige class unless it somehow grants a single-class wizard trap skills it will never work....they'd need to implement some sort of hybrid prestige system before that can happen.
    It is still my favorite prestige class from 3.5 and I still hope that they implement it someday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    It is still my favorite prestige class from 3.5 and I still hope that they implement it someday...
    Oh I LOVE Arcane Trickster too and really hope they implement hybrid prestige classes one day.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Ok Uska explain to why people seem to hate half-dragon, Dragonborn, Draconians,etc. so much I always thought they were interesting races (especially the turning to stone thing on death in Dragonlance...oh so many PCs I've ****ed off with that one)

Also every time I hear about you DMing it sounds very "Draconian" is that just your group that has house ruled things out due to their preference or is it just you, I'm just curious why you seem to hate so much about DnD.
    Draconic races in dnd have always been cheesy and ridiculous, as to draconians in DL they were the bad guys oh I could see having one or two join the good side but not whole parties. AS to hating dnd yah I do now WOTC ruined it starting with 3.x which while somewhat ok they went on to 4E and now dnd next. I play a much cleaner and more enjoyable game now.

As to my rules it made my game easier to balance and more enjoyable by far and there was no House rule actually a GM can disallow any class or race if they wish it isn't really a house rule and while DD was in the DMG it really wasn't balanced I only allowed the core classes and no evil alignments either .

Anyways I really and truly hope its not DD as it doesn't really add much that we don't have already.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Well if they included "Gem Dragons" there would be options for Light, Sonic and Force.
    IF it is DD I doubt they go that far and they will stick with the basic after we haven't seen light, sonic or force dragons yet have we?

Draconic races in dnd have always been cheesy and ridiculous
    Oh I know you think that I'm looking for a why I don't find them anymore "ridiculous" than say Mind Flayers and MFs are awesome. I love that PnP has such a diverse range of races to choose from as both a DM and as a player

as to draconians in DL they were the bad guys oh I could see having one or two join the good side but not whole parties.
    Always remember that adventurers ARE the exception, also always remeber the "Draconian Maraders" whilst bandits to the human colony are the protectors of their own village. Perspective :P

AS to hating dnd yah I do now WOTC ruined it starting with 3.x which while somewhat ok they went on to 4E and now dnd next. I play a much cleaner and more enjoyable game now.
    Difference of opinion I guess, imo 3.5 was a MASSIVE improvement over 2e and whilst I don't play 4e anymore it is quite a good system its just a bit limited compared to 3.5 or Pathfinder (which is the system were playing now)

As to my rules it made my game easier to balance and more enjoyable by far and there was no House rule actually a GM can disallow any class or race if they wish it isn't really a house rule and while DD was in the DMG it really wasn't balanced I only allowed the core classes and no evil alignments either .
    The no Evil I can understand, Evil campaigns don't last unless your just doing a one-off (which CAN be fun) but I fail to see any reason to disallow any race or class so what if its OP, just throw stronger monsters at the party or at least adjust its abilities to your liking instead of outright banning it. I dunno maybe I just put too much work into my DMing but I enjoy it so much.

Anyways I really and truly hope its not DD as it doesn't really add much that we don't have already.
    Its adds a option some more toughness as a Sorc and if built correctly will make an excellent Gish a very popular PnP and DDO archetype (Evidenced by Tukaw, Juggernaut, My Ghost Knight, etc.)

IF it is DD I doubt they go that far and they will stick with the basic after we haven't seen light, sonic or force dragons yet have we?
    Meh one can hope eh...I'd love to see a PM Party take on a Crystal Dragon (Light)

Its adds a option some more toughness as a Sorc and if built correctly will make an excellent Gish a very popular PnP and DDO archetype (Evidenced by Tukaw, Juggernaut, My Ghost Knight, etc.)
    Please just stop saying those are popular. Tukaw is not popular, My Ghost Knight I don't even know what that is and Juggernaut is mostly done on a class that is a hibryd per se.

Sorcerers and Wizzies have never been popular as Battlemages in DDO (maybe in PnP but I don't care about that in DDO). This is not just me disliking them, it is a pure and simple fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Please just stop saying those are popular. Tukaw is not popular, My Ghost Knight I don't even know what that is and Juggernaut is mostly done on a class that is a hibryd per se.

Sorcerers and Wizzies have never been popular as Battlemages in DDO (maybe in PnP but I don't care about that in DDO). This is not just me disliking them, it is a pure and simple fact.
    No their quite popular just do a run through the forums any gish like builds spark massive threads of discussion (well they did before the forums died :P) just because you don't like them and ignore threads about them doesn't mean their not popular.

Also the proof is in the pudding as they say the fact that the devs have been doing alot to help of gishes proves that their popular enough for the devs to work on...the change to tensers, epic mage armor,etc.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-05-2013 at 10:31 AM.

No their quite popular just do a run through the forums any gish like builds spark massive threads of discussion (well they did before the forums died :P) just because you don't like them and ignore threads about them doesn't mean their not popular.
    I don't need to run through the forums. DDO Oracle is pretty accurate and I've been playing for a lot, exclusively pugging, to know that they are not as popular as you think.

Forum is pretty much a really tiny portion of the player population. You need to open your eyes (don't make me repeat that I'm not saying this because I dislike them. Read the replies you quote before replying yourself)
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Internal development on a new enhancement tree was completed last week. It's currently getting an Alpha pass from our Quality Assurance team, and an Alpha Preview pass by a select group of players on the Mournlands Preview Server.

It'll be available for public consumption on Lamannia (our Public Preview Server) some time before Update 20, and will go live with Update 20.

Hint: It's in the Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5
    Oooooh, Blue Dragon Disciple! My Stormbringer will be most tempted, methinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Since Gem dragons are Psionic I suspect we'll see them when we see Psions, Kalashtar, Psychic Warriors etc...

Also Gem Dragons would be more appropriate for the Diamond Dragon PrC from Dragon Magic, which is a Psionic PrC.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Internal development on a new enhancement tree was completed last week. It's currently getting an Alpha pass from our Quality Assurance team, and an Alpha Preview pass by a select group of players on the Mournlands Preview Server.

It'll be available for public consumption on Lamannia (our Public Preview Server) some time before Update 20, and will go live with Update 20.

Hint: It's in the Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5
    Dragon Disciple is the only guess I can make from that hint, but it seems redundant with the Draconic ED.

It would kill 2 birds with one stone, however, if they gave it to Bards as well.

Perhaps people WILL be interested in a Gish Sorc.
    Last edited by uncleblue; 10-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Since Gem dragons are Psionic I suspect we'll see them when we see Psions, Kalashtar, Psychic Warriors etc...
    I would not complain about some psionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Also Gem Dragons would be more appropriate for the Diamond Dragon PrC from Dragon Magic, which is a Psionic PrC.
    Clubs EbonDevil on the head

*SMACK!!!!*

Pay no attention to the man saying we shouldn't get Force, Light or Sonic options on a Sorc

*shoves body out the door*

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Dragon Disciple is the only guess I can make from that hint, but it seems redundant with the Draconic ED.
    The EDs are DESIGNED as extensions of existing DDO prestige trees Dragon Disciple -> Draconic Incarnation should be no different than AA -> Shiradi or Arch Mage -> Magister.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    It would kill 2 birds with one stone, however, if they gave it to Bards as well.
    The Devs may as well since Bards are short a prestige tree anyways
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123