Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Why didn't you eliminate Red Wizard as an "Iconically Wizard Prestige?"

I am hoping for arcane trickster or eldritch knight personally, but I think they will go dragon disciple as it is the absolute most generically sorcerer prestige. I am ****ed that it is not Acolyte of the Skin.

My response to it not being acolyte of the skin: "Eaten by Cubethulu" (Or it would be if I actually typed it out.)
    Originally I was going to but the fact that it seems heavily linked to the Generic Realms lead me to believe that WBs current obsession with that setting might bring that in as a new Prestige class...I really doubt it I'm just being paranoid.

I will edit the post to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I made the OP.
    Hmmm...so you didn't I honestly didn't come here for the thread just came cause it was a dev post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    It's just my tastes. Get over it already
    Ah, booo your no fun...at least make up a cool story or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvurdragon View Post
    hmmmm and if it is Dragon Disciple, it would be interesting to see the way it is implemented that would work both with a Sorcerer and a Bard.
    Yes I agree, hey feather take heed give Bards DD as well

and btw - this is not a slam at Wizards, as I do not normally play Sorcs (i'm a wizard-lover). I'm only referring to the continuity of the prestige.
    Lore is indeed important

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The fix for this is in Update 20.
    Any word on when about that will be? Any chance it will happen this year (valid question as the year is ending soon) I do recall someone saying it was Q1 2014 but my memory likes to trick me sometimes.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Nowhere did Feather say it was a sorcerer enhancement tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Yes but the devs did say the next prestige tree would be a Sorc one and it would be released in Update 20 so its a likely assumption unless were getting TWO prestige trees which cool works for me and I commend FoS on his sneakiness.

Edit: Thanks for finding the dev post, GSQ
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Sure, but Vargouille confirmed a while ago that Sorcerers would be the first to get a new tree:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We do recognize that Sorcerers could use some help, and they are the first class planned to get an entirely new enhancement tree. If there are specific Sorcerer abilities from U18 enhancements that you feel are missing and vitally need to be restored to Sorcerers, do feel free to submit bugs saying so (using the link in my signature).

Problem I have with it being Dragon Disciple is most of their stuff is already covered in the Sorc Epic Destiny....

Not sure how much they could add to make it stand out - aside from reducing the power of the enhancements so you're only doing a couple of hundred damage rather than several thousand..
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Problem I have with it being Dragon Disciple is most of their stuff is already covered in the Sorc Epic Destiny....

Not sure how much they could add to make it stand out - aside from reducing the power of the enhancements so you're only doing a couple of hundred damage rather than several thousand..
    I'd say they'd make the abilities harmonize like Hensin or Shintao -> GMoF or Archmage -> Magister or AA -> Shiradi, etc.

Exactly, it could be the Hierophant as the druids healing tree (altho 90% it'll be the Dragon Disciple).

I've moved the "Sorc Prestige Discussion" to a new thread so Wizza's thread doesn't get anymore derailed than it already is.

Oh and Feather do me a favor and remind whichever devs have influence on this prestige that despite being unarmed do actually deal piercing and/or slashing damage not bludgeoning. Thanks.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.

hmmmm and if it is Dragon Disciple, it would be interesting to see the way it is implemented that would work both with a Sorcerer and a Bard. I only hope that it is not provided to Wizard, as the whole idea of DD is that Sorcerer and Bardic spell-casting powers are derived from dragon blood...(hence no need for memorization)
    They threw that out the window when they allowed Warforged to become Sorcs. So lore-wise nothing is stopping them from giving it to wizards too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    They threw that out the window when they allowed Warforged to become Sorcs. So lore-wise nothing is stopping them from giving it to wizards too.
    I can't think of a single D&D setting that explicitly states the only way to be a sorcerer is to be descended from a dragon, it's always one possible explanation. Nowhere in any of the Eberron supplements can I recall a statement that Warforged can't be Sorcerers, ECS even states that Eberron Sorcs don't as much claim to be dragon-blooded as claim to be blessed by cosmic dragons (Eberron/Siberys/Khyber) so that could easily explain DD on a WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The fix for this is in Update 20.
    Hey Feather! Any chance of all the shuriken bugs getting fixed for Update 20 as well?

Just as a reminder:
    .) Halfling Master Thrower: not working
    .) Kensai One With The Blade: not working with shuriken
    .) Alchemical Force/Force Burst Rituals not working with throwing weapons (and thus also not with shuriken)
    .) Ninja Spy Capstone: not working with shuriken
    .) Fatesinger Echoes of the Ancestors: Shirardi: Attackspeed Increase not working (at least not for throwing weapons, never tested bows)

Except for Ninja Spy Capstone and Fatesinger echoes I just retested all with U19.3 to make sure they are still bugged ...

And: Not shuriken, but monk related:
    Any chance on a fix for Deepwood Sniper Improved Weaponfinesse (currently not working with handwraps)?
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    Hey Feather! Any chance of all the shuriken bugs getting fixed for Update 20 as well?

Just as a reminder:
    .) Halfling Master Thrower: not working
    .) Kensai One With The Blade: not working with shuriken
    .) Alchemical Force/Force Burst Rituals not working with throwing weapons (and thus also not with shuriken)
    .) Ninja Spy Capstone: not working with shuriken
    .) Fatesinger Echoes of the Ancestors: Shirardi: Attackspeed Increase not working (at least not for throwing weapons, never tested bows)

Except for Ninja Spy Capstone and Fatesinger echoes I just retested all with U19.3 to make sure they are still bugged ...

And: Not shuriken, but monk related:
    Any chance on a fix for Deepwood Sniper Improved Weaponfinesse (currently not working with handwraps)?
    You may as well not even bother bringing up the Fatesinger destiny. There are so many things not working or not working as described in that destiny and I have bug reported it and spent my own plat testing things to give good reports and here we are, a year later, and they have never even bothered to acknowledge any of it. So, don't expect them to ever fix the stuff in Fatesinger (or any other destiny). Destinies are turning out to be yet another broken system they don't care to go fix (and yet we still have to pay to use them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    Actually WF being Sorcs ia quite apt due to the fact that their mere existence relies on Arcane Magicks they have so much magic flowing through their bodies that manifesting it suits Sorcs perfectly.

Sorcs having Dragon Blood is not a requirement, some even say its a myth.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Why do you hate Battle Mages (aka Gishes) so much anyways? It's an Iconic DnD Archetype.
    EVERYTHING in D&D is a "battle"-whatever. That really is iconic. Non-battle-Clerics, non-battle-mages, etc., are called "NPCs".

As for "Gish", I don't see the relationship to a particular segment of a society of one specific extraplanar psionic race. In my opinion, they're not particularly iconic at all, and, in fact, actually rather obscure. And have nothing to do with player-character wizards or sorcs.

Expecting Dragon Disciple, praying for arcane trickster. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

This happens with Warpriest Smite Foe as well.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Expecting Dragon Disciple, praying for arcane trickster. ..
    Arcane Trickster is a Wizard+Rogue prestige class unless it somehow grants a single-class wizard trap skills it will never work....they'd need to implement some sort of hybrid prestige system before that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    This happens with Warpriest Smite Foe as well.
    Hey no talking about the original OPs topic, were talking about DD now :P

Sorry Wizza I tried to redirect the convo to a new thread but it didn't seem to work.

Sorcerer and Bardic spell-casting powers are derived from dragon blood...(hence no need for memorization)
    Not quite.

Sorcerer have some magic influence on their birthday. Dragon descendency (and fey and elemental and extraplanar and...) is one possible reason. Magical experiments on stillborns is another. Simple magical aptitude is another. There is a ton of lore reasons for someone to develop sorcerer powers on 3e.

Bards don't need to memorize their spells because they have learned them while traveling and seeing marvelous stuff, and kinda emulated them with their magical songs. It is not educated spellcasting like wizards, natural spellcasting like sorcerers, or granted spells like clerics. They just see it, think it is kinda awesome, and mimic their effects. (Or something like that, SRD have no lore, and I don't have my books anymore)

For DD specifically, dragon heritage is the main reason why both classes can do that. But it is not the condition for every bard or sorcerer around.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

If Dragon Disciple is indeed the new Sorc pre, unless it's heavily modified and largely DD in name only I see many irritated Sorcs in our near future. It was largely a flavor build, and generally better suited to some kind of melee caster. For Sorcs looking to better their casting ability without being element focoused, I'm afraid this won't offer much.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Because Archmages, Arcane Archers and Assassins are exactly like the ones in the DMG.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast