Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hey Feather, Savants' Curse is still bugged and stops you in place.

This is a quote from Lamannia, posted 08-12-2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    5) Savant Curse: it now stops you in place if you try to cast it while running. It didn't happen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Thanks for the report, I'll look into this one for a potential patch fix.
    3 patches later: no fix yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

The fix for this is in Update 20.

Community Member

There's same bug to Cleric's Divine Healing. would you fix it also?
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Will this fix apply to other things that this is happening to also, like arrow of slaying, or just the savant's curse?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Thanks.

And since we are talking about it: is the new Sorcerer tree (telluswhichitis *hint*) slated for U20 or later?

*maybe

Community Member

How about fixing all the cleric abilities, including Divine Healing, Divine Vitality, etc? They all force you to stop and run in place while executing the action. Very inconvenient and aggravating since this never used to happen. I figured it was just one more unannounced nerf rather than a bug.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Seems to happen to the Barbarian Occult Slayer 'Ear Smash' (which should be noted doesn't always prevent spellcasting) and 'Vicious Strike'.

Thanks.

And since we are talking about it: is the new Sorcerer tree (telluswhichitis *hint*) slated for U20 or later?
    Internal development on a new enhancement tree was completed last week. It's currently getting an Alpha pass from our Quality Assurance team, and an Alpha Preview pass by a select group of players on the Mournlands Preview Server.

It'll be available for public consumption on Lamannia (our Public Preview Server) some time before Update 20, and will go live with Update 20.

Hint: It's in the Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5

Community Member

ooh, Dragon Disciple.

Internal development on a new enhancement tree was completed last week. It's currently getting an Alpha pass from our Quality Assurance team, and an Alpha Preview pass by a select group of players on the Mournlands Preview Server.

It'll be available for public consumption on Lamannia (our Public Preview Server) some time before Update 20, and will go live with Update 20.

Interesting, thanks.

I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Dragon Disciple but it's something.

*maybe

Interesting, thanks.

I'll be a bit disappointed if it's Dragon Disciple but it's something.
    At least you're only going to be disappointed. There are some who will take it as a personal insult and threaten lawsuits or demand refunds......
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

im still holding out for what i was told in shadowfell closed beta of Acolyte of skin or Blood magus
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    ooh, Dragon Disciple.
    Could also be Eldtritch Knight.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    At least you're only going to be disappointed. There are some who will take it as a personal insult and threaten lawsuits or demand refunds......
    Lol.

*maybe

Using Arcane Archer Arrow of Slaying does the same thing. Any chance that sees a fix for U20 as well?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Could also be Eldtritch Knight.
    It could also be Thaumaturgist, Loremaster, Mystic Theurge or Red Wizard.

But honestly, there were only ever 2 PrC talked about for Sorcerers: Acolyte and DD. So yeah, my guess is DD but my hope tells me it will be something else.

*maybe

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Oooo you devilish bastard ;P

Time for some process of elimination

So the prestige classes that are contained within the DMG are Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster, Archmage, Assassin, Blackguard, Dragon Disciple, Duelist, Dwarven Defender, Eldritch Knight, Hierophant, Horizon Walker, Loremaster, Mystic Theurge, Shadowdancer, Red Wizard and Thaumaturgist

To start we remove the existing prestiges/epic destinies bringing it to Arcane Trickster, Blackguard, Dragon Disciple, Duelist, Dwarven Defender, Eldritch Knight, Hierophant, Horizon Walker, Loremaster, Mystic Theurge, Red Wizard and Thaumaturgist.

Than I'd say we can easily remove any Prestiges which a clearly linked to specific classes and /or races so we lose Blackguard & Dwarven Defender.

There's a few divine or hybrid only prestige in there so Mystic Theurge (might be a cool idea for an ED), Hierophant & Thaumaturgists.

Next we remove the obviously melee prestige duelist

Now starts with opinions/guessing to start I doubt its going to be Horizon walker...first off its a very weak and boring presrtige class and frankly has nothing to do with spellcasters so thats gone. Next I'd say Arcane Trickster & Loremaster are Iconically Wizard Prestiges (my wizard would love me some Arcane Trickster) so again removed due to opinion.

Red Wizards is an iconic Wizard prestige as well but it's connection to the generic realms makes me think the devs might try to shoehorn it in (on WBs orders) so I can't remove it because of that but I'm prbably just being paranoid, also it is a Human only prestige so that probably disqualified it (although Amaunator is a god primarily worshipped by Humans and Aasimar and the devs saw fit to make the Iconic Morninglord an elf so who knows)

Now all that remains is Dragon Disciple, Eldritch Knight & Red Wizard my personal hope is of course Dragon disciple although I wouldn't really complain if it was Eldritch knight,...but I really do hope and frankly imo is most likely going to be Dragon Disciple.

So yeah my guess is Dragon Disciple (to be fair it always was, this just cemented that guess)...any chance we can get Kobolds why you guys are at it....Kobold Dragon Disciple -> Draconic Incarnation FTW...TRIPLE DRAGON!!! :P

Sidenote: Hey dev types making DD (if that is what happening) consider throwing in some abilities from the swift blade prestige class they'd fit nicely in the the Gish angle of DD.

It could also be Thaumaturgist, Loremaster, Mystic Theurge or Red Wizard.

But honestly, there were only ever 2 PrC talked about for Sorcerers: Acolyte and DD. So yeah, my guess is DD but my hope tells me it will be something else.
    Hi Wizza, figured you'd show up Why do you hate Battle Mages (aka Gishes) so much anyways? It's an Iconic DnD Archetype.

Also "Acolyte" is 90% roleplaying so I wouldn't be surprised if they've dropped that one
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Next I'd say Arcane Trickster & Loremaster are Iconically Wizard Prestiges (my wizard would love me some Arcane Trickster) so again removed due to opinion

Now all that remains is Dragon Disciple, Eldritch Knight & Red Wizard my personal hope is of course Dragon disciple although I wouldn't really complain if it was Eldritch knight
    Why didn't you eliminate Red Wizard as an "Iconically Wizard Prestige?"

I am hoping for arcane trickster or eldritch knight personally, but I think they will go dragon disciple as it is the absolute most generically sorcerer prestige. I am ****ed that it is not Acolyte of the Skin.

My response to it not being acolyte of the skin: "Eaten by Cubethulu" (Or it would be if I actually typed it out.)
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-03-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Hi Wizza, figured you'd show up Why do you hate Battle Mages (aka Gishes) so much anyways? It's an Iconic DnD Archetype.
    I made the OP.

And it's just my tastes. Get over it already

*maybe

hmmmm and if it is Dragon Disciple, it would be interesting to see the way it is implemented that would work both with a Sorcerer and a Bard. I only hope that it is not provided to Wizard, as the whole idea of DD is that Sorcerer and Bardic spell-casting powers are derived from dragon blood...(hence no need for memorization)

and btw - this is not a slam at Wizards, as I do not normally play Sorcs (i'm a wizard-lover). I'm only referring to the continuity of the prestige.
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast