Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twist of Fate

Default Twist of Fate

I searched many topics, but I couldn't find answer to this question:
    - can Twist of Fate abilities (such as Healing Spring etc.) be used in your next life (after TR) in heroic levels? I saw plenty of Primal Screams, Healing Springs, Living Meteor Swarms used in game at very low lvls, but I simply couldn't find exact answer on this question.
    If answer is no, then explanation of using this abilites would be nice.
    Thanks in advance!

Community Member

aswer is no, its an exploit and will be fixed (...)

Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    aswer is no, its an exploit and will be fixed (...)
    Thank you for answer!

Correction: They can be used it heroics, but it's an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    This is correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Correction: It is not WAI, but also not an exploit. If it were an exploit, people would be getting banned for using them.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Quote Originally Posted by anivaj View Post
    Correction: It is not WAI, but also not an exploit. If it were an exploit, people would be getting banned for using them.
    From some random (maybe trustable) website, the definition of exploit is:

• 1make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource):

• 2make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand:

So.. By that definition this is an exploit - as it's considered unfair and underhanded, correct?

It's a tricky situation. In my opinion if there is no punishment given out for the action, whether it's an exploit or not, then it's only really punishing people that follow the rules. Punishing people for doing the "right thing" should NEVER be the way things work. Either it's an exploit and there should be some repercussions for doing it or no punishments but let everyone do it until it's fixed. What we have right now is some sort of potential threat of maybe getting banned. It may never happen and players know this so they go ahead and exploit anyway. If there won't be a punishment, might as well benefit.

Honestly, the whole thing should have been fixed almost a year ago. The fact that it's gone on so long only makes people feel more comfortable doing it, while those that see it happening wonder why they are being proxy punished. They don't get the benefit of the exploit (because they are "good" people) while others go around with this extra power level that "lawful" aligned people don't have access to.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Correction: It is not WAI and IT IS an exploit, the two reasons people aren't getting banned are that: 1. It is not fixed yet 2. If they start banning everyone that uses it the game will die in couple of days instead of the several months that has left

I think that the main problem is catching people doing it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Turbine already declared it not wai. They also dont discuss actions taken, nor do they allow such to be put on display. Since its not WAI in heroic levels, labeling its use an exploit is the proper term. It also doesnt just happen. There are actions that must be taken in order to finagle it to work that way.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    There are actions that must be taken in order to finagle it to work that way.
    And what actions would those be, if I may innocently ask, you know, for purely academic purposes (wink wink)

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The fact that it's gone on so long only makes people feel more comfortable doing it, while those that see it happening wonder why they are being proxy punished. They don't get the benefit of the exploit (because they are "good" people) while others go around with this extra power level that "lawful" aligned people don't have access to.
    Except in my opinion it's not a benefit, it's a detriment that sucks all the fun out of the game. So by not using the exploit, I'm not being punished, I'm being rewarded with fun. : )
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Whether people have been banned or not doesn't dictate whether something is an exploit. If Turbine decree it's an exploit, then it's an exploit. Anyone using these abilities at low levels knows exactly what they're doing.

The matter would be moot if all twists were removed from your character when you TR. Can't think of a single good reason why it's not been done already.

Community Member

And yet threads about this are still being closed as though it were. Mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Whether people have been banned or not doesn't dictate whether something is an exploit. If Turbine decree it's an exploit, then it's an exploit. Anyone using these abilities at low levels knows exactly what they're doing.

The matter would be moot if all twists were removed from your character when you TR. Can't think of a single good reason why it's not been done already.
    It is an easy fix, which is why I think it is not an exploit or bannable offense. The easy way to figure out if it is an exploit is to post how to do it. If the post gets cubed, then it is an exploit
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    And yet threads about this are still being closed as though it were. Mysterious.
    If the posts explaining how to do it are being cubed, then I agree it is an exploit.
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Community Member

If the posts explaining how to do it are being cubed, then I agree it is an exploit.
    They are. I am glad that we agree its an exploit.

I would be much more glad if it would finally be purged from the game.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

It is an easy fix, which is why I think it is not an exploit or bannable offense. The easy way to figure out if it is an exploit is to post how to do it. If the post gets cubed, then it is an exploit
    Whether people have been banned or not doesn't dictate whether something is an exploit.

Whether it's an easy fix or not doesn't dictate whether it's an exploit either.

The no ML rings were not WAI and I do not think anyone got banned for wearing them all the way up until they fixed them. Twists are the same way. You people need to try harder to troll or go find another forum to cry on.

A long time ago on these forums I complained about people that died in quest and cost me 10p. I was told that I should not pug and stick with guild/channel if puggers bothered me that much. Same advice to you. If puggers are bothering you for what they do, solo or only do guild/channel.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast