Default Twink Korthos Loot

Some friends and I started a static group tonight on Thelanis. We were interested in seeing what happened gear-wise since we were going in with only what we looted. No twinking.

One of us looted a +1 CHR in the Wavecrest Tavern quest (I kid you not!) in the chest behind the counter and I looted a Lesser Beholder Crystal in the underwater chest. Has anyone else seen such odd loot falling in Korthos before? Note that we were running elite. Still, seemed pretty darn good!!! No complaints, just unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Some friends and I started a static group tonight on Thelanis. We were interested in seeing what happened gear-wise since we were going in with only what we looted. No twinking.

One of us looted a +1 CHR in the Wavecrest Tavern quest (I kid you not!) in the chest behind the counter and I looted a Lesser Beholder Crystal in the underwater chest. Has anyone else seen such odd loot falling in Korthos before? Note that we were running elite. Still, seemed pretty darn good!!! No complaints, just unexpected!
    Pulled a couple superior concentrated sp pots 600-800sp :0
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rathic View Post
    Pulled a couple superior concentrated sp pots 600-800sp :0
    The first few hits are free - your next fix ya gotta pay
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

The +1's all the time. The beholder crystal is a store item and it's just a really rare chance for that kind of stuff to come out of any chest in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post

+1 int tome out of the chest behind the bar. Awesome cause it was a palemaster.
    Also pulled a +1 spellcraft tome but don't remember if that was korthos or the early harbor quests.

Picked up a LR +1 stone on my last trip through Korthos.

Community Member

I actually pulled a Blood of Dragons and one other notable item (not notable to remember exactly what, obviously, though) on a single go-through of Hard Collaborator...it was during a loot weekend, and I chalked it up to that, but I did think at the time that it seemed like something was oddly generous about the Korthos chests.

Few xp pots, some renown, some concentrated pots..

However, if you want real korthos twink loot, grab angers step (I have 3).

If your abbot luck sucks like mine, those things are as good as you'll get while at level 1-8 :P