Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navigation

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Join date is not applicable in this instance. What is applicable is that he is unwilling to ask for assistance from the party and is somehow unable to find anything on his own using maps.
    I can read a map better then either of you are able to comprehend the written word.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bverji View Post
    ...nor do I want to spend hours exploring...
    OK, so you don't like actually playing DDO. That's not a crime. But that doesn't mean others don't, or it's too hard for new players, or anything like that. It just means DDO is not to your tastes.

For me a game that can't provide a clear access to actually playing the content fails at the most basic level.
    You seem to have the mistaken idea that the many city, wilderness, etc., areas are somehow not part of the content. They are. And for many of us, exploring them is part of the fun, and not particularly difficult.

...its just not worth it to me.
    As Yoda would say, "That is why you fail."

I can read a map better then either of you are able to comprehend the written word.
    Yet you apparently cannot read the maps on the wiki despite the large number of people who successfully use them on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

At least a handful actually read before throwing out defensively charged attacks. Yes I am quite capable of going to a zone finding a quest giver and then finding the dungeon. The problem is grouping and finding missions outside of a zone I happen to be in. At any given time there might be 2-5 groups going and who knows where the hell they could be or where the quest giver is. and the group has probably already started. I'm not attacking DDO in general, but this is a horrible system and for me at least makes it not worth playing.
    before you join group take a look at the info popup to see who is in what zone, that can be a great help when working out where the quest is. if you are in the group you can throw peoples names into the who list to get the same info, though only 1 at a time so it's not as good (or just check the LFM again if the party hasn't filled yet)

really though if this is stressing you out then just change the way you do things. i hate rushing to get to a quest when i'm late to join an LFM. so before i even open the screen i make sure i've sold and repaired and grabbed my buffs. for you i'd strongly recommend picking an area to quest from then finding a party to match. that will just negate the stress as you'll already be in the right place then you can just follow the blue dots on the map (yes, even after 7 years i still do that when i'm in a new zone or have a fuzzy memory moment, though you might have to check you're in the right instance first).

if you're new to the quests then i'd also recommend avoiding any parties that have already started. it's no fun running through an empty quest for the first time trying to catch up the killing spree that's happening ahead. been there, done that, now i avoid that situation for my first time in a new quest.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123