Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is where the +6 tome should've went, I'm glad they removed it from mabar.

+5 tome is too weak of a reward given its ddo store availability. If this was a +6, imagine how much content will be done by how many people? No brainer, yet turbine chose not to.

Oh well

Edit:

I guess jot beat me to it heh
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

From the Lamannia release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    • On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing.
    Sounds great.

Until you're on your 7th life maybe. Or unless you've taken advantage of the store offers and purchased your +5 tomes already.

Can we please learn from 1,750 Favor Reward and make this reward relevant in the long term? Take a leaf from the Saga's and offer an XP or Guild Renown option in with the reward list. Then revise the 1,750 Favor Reward List to do the same. And can we change both Tomes to be BTA rather than BTC? Or go one step further and make them unbound.

As it stands right now, this reward will do nothing for my main.

Community Member

Tr Veteran - True reincarnations on this character only will now start at level 4

its already been stated in the release notes from u 20 on lamaland that its a choice of a +5 tome from nyx
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Can we please learn from 1,750 Favor Reward and make this reward relevant in the long term? Take a leaf from the Saga's and offer an XP or Guild Renown option in with the reward list. Then revise the 1,750 Favor Reward List to do the same. And can we change both Tomes to be BTA rather than BTC? Or go one step further and make them unbound.
    this would be good and has my vote

your friend sil

2014 DDO Players Council

Until you're on your 7th life maybe. Or unless you've taken advantage of the store offers and purchased your +5 tomes already.

/signed

Make the tomes BTA. Add XP & Renown. Add skill tomes, too, maybe.

From the Lamannia release notes:

Sounds great.

I still get annoyed when I go to Nyx and get a choice of Useless Tomes just because I actually spent MONEY in the DDOStore!

And no Purified Ebs are NOT a Valid reason for keeping these as the ONLY reward option {Who needs more than a handful of Purified Ebs anyhow?}.

1750 Favour should give BtAccount +2 Tome of choice!
    3000 Favour should give BtAccount +2-3 Upgrade Tome of Choice
    4000 Favour should give BtAccount +3-4 Upgrade Tome of Choice
    5000 Favour {Currently not even possible!} should give +4-5 BtAccount Upgrade Tome of Choice OR 250,000 Guild Renown {Non Boostable by any means!}.

Let's face it - Anyone getting to 5000 Renown in the Next 2-3 years is going to have done the Vast Majority of the quests in DDO on Elite {incl Epic Elites!} - Let's make absolutely certain the Rewards are Future Proof!

Oh and please stop asking for them to become Unbound - All this does is lessen the chances of EVER getting the Devs to Change their status to BtAccount!

Unbound would be Wrong - If you want your Shadow Crypt Opener to have +2 to every stat then buy the tomes!

And finally - If we ever do get 6K Favour possible just add in the +5-6 BtAccount Upgrade Tomes OR 500k Unboostable Guild Renown

Really happy with what has been announced.

It's something worth getting 3-4 times on a character.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

+5's are pointless. Anyone that has played at cap much for the last year+ since Motu, has +5 tomes in relevant stats, this is a worthless reward for getting 5000 favor.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    +5's are pointless. Anyone that has played at cap much for the last year+ since Motu, has +5 tomes in relevant stats, this is a worthless reward for getting 5000 favor.
    Oh how I wish that were true for everybody (well ok, by everybody I mean me!). However yes, for those whom it isn't true for now, it will be eventually (fingers crossed!).

The +2 @ the 1750 mark was awesome when introduced, because tomes didn't roll over with TRs; you had to nomm-nomm new ones every life. Now though, there deffinately does need to be an alternative carrot in addition to the tomes for those that already have them. /signed on that.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

at first I did like the 5000 favor reward, but than I remembered the 1750 favor. theres still a lot of people who don't have +5 tomes, I don't have any. so for awhile it will be good for the majority of players, but eventually we will run into the same problem with +2 tomes. I haven't picked up that favor in probably 2 years on any of my characters. I think additional options along with the +5 tomes would be a better idea. for 5000 favor, I would want the options to be worth it if I didn't need any tomes.

Hmmmm I don't feel that bad for those people complaining that they already used +5s across the board. You made a choice to buy those tomes with real money, or grind for them (probably the former, not the latter) and now people have the option to get them through playing the game. Tough *******. Anyone that says something as uber-elitist-attention-seeking as "+5s are worthless" is not a high enough % of the player base to matter.

But there should be something else other than tomes as well, as in the distant future hitting 5k favor will be routine, and having +5s already WILL become commonplace.

Considering guild renown is worthless to many hardcore players, XP when you are capped/EDs done/karma completed (or whatever) is worthless, many players don't care about cosmetics or pets, plat is worthless to many as well....it's hard finding a carrot for those who have already chomped +5 tomes.

I don't see them giving a large amount of TP for it, either...

-Maybe some BTA (possibly unbound) +X heart of wood?
    -A stone of 20-->28?
    -Select one of the following, toggled buffs (lasts through TRs): haste, displacement, deathward, greater heroism, jump.
    Last edited by MRMechMan; 10-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Maybe add a pseudo-birthday box item that gives you your choice of skill tome. It will be a LONG time before someone maxes all their skill tomes. (Though admittedly far shorter before they max all the skill tomes relevant to their build.)

+5 Tome is fine

give us some other options as well... There should always be options

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

What? I think we play very different games...

I'm at best neutral about it, let alone "really happy..."

These are widely available in the store for AND mabar event, let alone chance of dropping in chests for the past...like half a year?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    These are widely available in the store for AND mabar event, let alone chance of dropping in chests for the past...like half a year?
    Not everybody is willing (let alone able) to purchase all the tomes they want for every character they have, Mabar is hard capped @ one tome per character, and in game drop chances are ****; Accross all my characters I have zero +5s and only two +4s. So for those of us without deep pockets (and/or the willingness to use them) and/or without good loot luck it's nice to have a reliable ingame mechanic for acquisition. That said it would obviously be wise of Turbine to include an incentive for the already thoroughly Tomed.

Edit:
    I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the seeming prevalence of the "They're in the store, why don't you have them already?!" mindset...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 10-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Default At least it is something

•On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing.

Doing my little happy dance to have something decent (albeit limited to a few times around). Seriously, how many people out there are going to hit 5k favor with update 20? I am guessing not many. Currently, you can't reach it. And if you think that many people are willing to run nearly ever quest on elite, then you don't know the difficulty in getting groups for a few quests out there (at least on Sarlona).

Also, you have to run the challenges to 5/6 stars to get this as well. I can tell you those REALLY don't get run.

I haven't seen an elite pre-titan, Titan, or CITW in ages. I don't know of many completing FOT on elite these days either for that matter. LOB and MA are not easy and run either.

I will be very happy if this reward starts allowing me to fill LFMs for elite difficulties for ANY quest.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    •On reaching 5,000 total favor, a character now can speak with Nyx in the harbor to receive a +5 Ability Tome of their choosing.

Doing my little happy dance to have something decent (albeit limited to a few times around). Seriously, how many people out there are going to hit 5k favor with update 20? I am guessing not many. Currently, you can't reach it. And if you think that many people are willing to run nearly ever quest on elite, then you don't know the difficulty in getting groups for a few quests out there (at least on Sarlona).

Also, you have to run the challenges to 5/6 stars to get this as well. I can tell you those REALLY don't get run.

I haven't seen an elite pre-titan, Titan, or CITW in ages. I don't know of many completing FOT on elite these days either for that matter. LOB and MA are not easy and run either.

I will be very happy if this reward starts allowing me to fill LFMs for elite difficulties for ANY quest.
    Really? You have to run challenges as of right now to get 5k favor? Bleh. Count me out. I assume eventually more quests will be added down the line so challenges won't be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Really? You have to run challenges as of right now to get 5k favor? Bleh. Count me out. I assume eventually more quests will be added down the line so challenges won't be required.
    Your sentiments are not uncommon; hence, this will be limited to a very few players at first. I agree that once there are enough quests, this could be more common, but I still think it will be rare. Not that many players, even with all of the incentives out there (BB, saga, various favor rewards, etc.) still take the time to grind out this much favor before TRing.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast