Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ranger to Rogue Transition

Hey guys-
    After making dozens of first lifers, I've decided to TR one of them into a Rogue (Ranger past life)
    This will actually be my first Rogue, but the new sneak system combined with falling in love with the SA/Sneaky based DWS that I have right now has encouraged me to roll a Rogue for a similar playstyle with more damage and tools. The only tool that I'm not really keen on losing is IPS Manyshot, I'm trying to find a replacement for that kind of ranged power in managing crowds and bursting down bosses. Being able to destroy an entire room very quickly or take out half a bosses health is the only thing I really don't want to be without.
    Time Bomb is awesome, but can't really replace assassinate.
    I don't know the power of the ranged great crossbow bleed.
    Cleave/sweeping strike acrobat with haste boost would be interesting for thinning crows, but that+assassinate, it's a lot of AP.

I'm really trying to not sacrifice the assassinate DC while keeping these options open, because that will be my main tool while soloing and otherwise.

The ranged option is pretty obvious- but obviously not nearly as powerful as I'm used to. I'm just trying to find a bursty way to thin crowds and take out rooms very quickly for both solo play (if I'm caught) and party play (for the lulz)
    ~Sarlona~ - Proud Member of The Unrepentant
    Maelodic - Rockin all the day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

I TR'd my Ranger into a rogue and never looked back.

TWF with a rogue is pure DPS bliss. I didn't go the "assassination" route on my Assassin. Mine is pure DPS output and I basically play it the same way I played my Barbarian.

Youll have a hard time trying to do both in regards to huge bow burst DPS or assassination ability with good DC's.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    I TR'd my Ranger into a rogue and never looked back.

TWF with a rogue is pure DPS bliss. I didn't go the "assassination" route on my Assassin. Mine is pure DPS output and I basically play it the same way I played my Barbarian.

Youll have a hard time trying to do both in regards to huge bow burst DPS or assassination ability with good DC's.
    It's not really "bow" DPS that I'm looking for, it's an effective way to handle crowds and an effective way to burst down bosses. The later is fairly simple on a Rogue- and the range option is obviously there especially since I already have some nice xbows from my arti and can be in sneak attack range if I need to take a respite from a boss and not die- I'm really not worried about range in general, just what Manyshot gave me.
    Ranged DPS without Manyshot really isn't DPS at all, unless you're an AA and have slaying arrows, but it still pales horribly in comparison to melee.

I'm looking at TimeBomb, but then it'd replace assassinate. 2000 damage really isn't anything to sneeze at though. The real kick in the balls for that isn't really replacing assassinate with TimeBomb, it's losing out on Dagger Specialization, which turns daggers into such a godly synergistic thing for melees- time bomb will also loose it's luster in the end levels and I would end up having to switch to melee and then not having a whole lot of options when it comes to handling crowds.

I'm a solo person, mostly. I know what to do in parties- just do a whole lot of damage.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I think you need to change your expectations. Manyshot is among the top dps burst options in the game. You simply aren't going to find anything comparable on a pure rogue. They have top sustainable dps, they don't have burst dps. You won't be able to take a huge chunk out of a bosses hp, but you will be able to wear him down more quickly than most. You won't be able to clear a room all at once, but you will be able to remove single targets faster than most. You've already noted what your options are: acrobat for better aoe dps, mechanic for better ranged dps, assassin/assassinate for better single target dps, none of which are going to replicate or replace what manyshot can do.

Rogues are one of the more difficult classes to solo because of their reliance on sneak attack damage. It's easy in a group because there are others to draw agro, then you can slaughter away. Solo is a bit different, but you do have some options.

First, you can bring your own group: hirelings, summons (the air elemental gems are great for the low levels), the panther and/or owlbear if you have them. You really just need something to take agro so you can get your sneak attack damage.

Second, if you haven't TRed yet, make a GS radiance2 weapon. This is a definite game changer for a rogue. It blinds on crit so make something with a large crit range like a rapier (if going weapon finesse) or dagger/kukri (if going for knife specialization). Blinded mobs take sneak attack damage and have a 50% miss chance against you. Paralyzing weapons are a substitute for this, but I find blindness to be more effective. Also make a GS hp item. 45 hp at level 11 on a rogue adds a great deal to your survivability. I'd recommend either a min2 for fortification and a stoneskin clicky or smoke2 for permablur and a displacement clicky.

Third, carefully manage your group agro. Don't pull half a dozen mobs at once. Bluff pull single targets and take them down one at a time. Use terrain, barriers, and other enemies to limit how many of them can reach you at any given time.

Lastly, while this is true for any playstyle, it's especially true for a solo rogue: don't neglect your survivability. Max your hp as much as reasonable. Buff yourself like crazy. Visor of the fleshrender for deathward, blur wands, protection from evil wands, resist energy wands, etc.

That's all I can think of for now.

EDIT: Also, feel free to check out the link in my sig. It's an assassin built for endgame so it may not be exactly what your looking for, but it should at least give you some things to think about.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 10-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I think you need to change your expectations. Manyshot is among the top dps burst options in the game. You simply aren't going to find anything comparable on a pure rogue. They have top sustainable dps, they don't have burst dps. You won't be able to take a huge chunk out of a bosses hp, but you will be able to wear him down more quickly than most. You won't be able to clear a room all at once, but you will be able to remove single targets faster than most. You've already noted what your options are: acrobat for better aoe dps, mechanic for better ranged dps, assassin/assassinate for better single target dps, none of which are going to replicate or replace what manyshot can do.

Rogues are one of the more difficult classes to solo because of their reliance on sneak attack damage. It's easy in a group because there are others to draw agro, then you can slaughter away. Solo is a bit different, but you do have some options.

First, you can bring your own group: hirelings, summons (the air elemental gems are great for the low levels), the panther and/or owlbear if you have them. You really just need something to take agro so you can get your sneak attack damage.

Second, if you haven't TRed yet, make a GS radiance2 weapon. This is a definite game changer for a rogue. It blinds on crit so make something with a large crit range like a rapier (if going weapon finesse) or dagger/kukri (if going for knife specialization). Blinded mobs take sneak attack damage and have a 50% miss chance against you. Paralyzing weapons are a substitute for this, but I find blindness to be more effective. Also make a GS hp item. 45 hp at level 11 on a rogue adds a great deal to your survivability. I'd recommend either a min2 for fortification and a stoneskin clicky or smoke2 for permablur and a displacement clicky.

Third, carefully manage your group agro. Don't pull half a dozen mobs at once. Bluff pull single targets and take them down one at a time. Use terrain, barriers, and other enemies to limit how many of them can reach you at any given time.

Lastly, while this is true for any playstyle, it's especially true for a solo rogue: don't neglect your survivability. Max your hp as much as reasonable. Buff yourself like crazy. Visor of the fleshrender for deathward, blur wands, protection from evil wands, resist energy wands, etc.

That's all I can think of for now.

EDIT: Also, feel free to check out the link in my sig. It's an assassin built for endgame so it may not be exactly what your looking for, but it should at least give you some things to think about.
    Thank you for this.

I'll need to seriously reconsider going pure Rogue vs 13/6/1, but I have a lot of mats to farm out and time to think about it as this is my first TR and I want to get through my checklist of things before I do it. Hopefully by then lamannia will have been up again and I can test out the builds and give myself realistic expectations of what I should be expecting.

Thank you for your help guys.

Not many classes/characters will out dps a rogue built well. However most of this is based on sneak attack damage. I have started to solo a lot of things. This is difficult to do with my rogue who use to be my favorite toon. Without sneak attack damage my dps output on my rogue drops SIGNIFICANTLY.

Something to consider, there are ways around it with hirelings and summons. But I found those a pain in the ass.

However if you regularly run with a party, and you wait for others to grab aggro, chances are you will regularly have the highest kill count. In fact you will have to learn the art of getting aggro off of you as you will be constantly pulling it from others, including folks like the barbarian.

Built for it, you can fine your end game sneak attack damage in between +20d6 and +30d6. Per hit that qualifies. This does not include of course the damage from the weapons, bonuses, yada yada. So as a TWF thieves excell in sustained dps.

The one thing to watch out for, is a lot of thieves out there compromise on hit points, and can be dam squishy. If you are going to damage output, you need to avoid that. Cause you don't want to pull the wrong aggro and get one shotted.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Not many classes/characters will out dps a rogue built well. However most of this is based on sneak attack damage. I have started to solo a lot of things. This is difficult to do with my rogue who use to be my favorite toon. Without sneak attack damage my dps output on my rogue drops SIGNIFICANTLY.

Something to consider, there are ways around it with hirelings and summons. But I found those a pain in the ass.

However if you regularly run with a party, and you wait for others to grab aggro, chances are you will regularly have the highest kill count. In fact you will have to learn the art of getting aggro off of you as you will be constantly pulling it from others, including folks like the barbarian.

Built for it, you can fine your end game sneak attack damage in between +20d6 and +30d6. Per hit that qualifies. This does not include of course the damage from the weapons, bonuses, yada yada. So as a TWF thieves excell in sustained dps.

The one thing to watch out for, is a lot of thieves out there compromise on hit points, and can be dam squishy. If you are going to damage output, you need to avoid that. Cause you don't want to pull the wrong aggro and get one shotted.
    I've become very adept at sneaking on my Ranger and suffice it to say that I do well even without Manyshot. I'm getting very good at pulling mobs and using exposing strike to make them vulnerable in order to melt them quickly with sneak attacks before I am detected. While I have no played in the epic levels I'm sure that I can get gear and play a similar playstyle that supports it. While I don't really go through quests quickly, I really, really enjoy each and every one. I'm assuming Shadow Dagger will replace Exposing Strike as long as I'm not saved against, and RadII GS will work nicely as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Thank you for this.

I'll need to seriously reconsider going pure Rogue vs 13/6/1, but I have a lot of mats to farm out and time to think about it as this is my first TR and I want to get through my checklist of things before I do it. Hopefully by then lamannia will have been up again and I can test out the builds and give myself realistic expectations of what I should be expecting.

Thank you for your help guys.
    If you want raw melee dps, no other class or combo is going to beat a pure rogue assassin, but it is a much different playstyle than other melees. If you want to use assassinate, definitely go pure. Acrobats and mechanics are still flavor builds but are much more viable and effective after the pass. I would say a splashed rogue is generally more suited to an acrobat or mechanic build. It really depends on what your goals are for the character.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

If you want raw melee dps, no other class or combo is going to beat a pure rogue assassin, but it is a much different playstyle than other melees. If you want to use assassinate, definitely go pure. Acrobats and mechanics are still flavor builds but are much more viable and effective after the pass. I would say a splashed rogue is generally more suited to an acrobat or mechanic build. It really depends on what your goals are for the character.
    I've been practicing with the Tempest enhancements and not using Manyshot as a crux- imagining that I'm using assassinate when I would and repeaters when I would use bows. Pure Ranger is much different than pure Rogue, but I'm forcing some limitations on myself, and trying to imagine what it would be like with assassinate and 3x crit profile daggers.

The result is a character more suited to my tastes, however one that does not have a get out of jail free card. I'll really need to be very, very careful and not leave anything to chance if I'm going to stealth it up like I currently do. Rangers have blue bar healing and a whole lot of tools to quickly dispatch mobs, but I wouldn't even need to interact with those mobs if I had assassinate.

I've been practicing with the Tempest enhancements and not using Manyshot as a crux- imagining that I'm using assassinate when I would and repeaters when I would use bows. Pure Ranger is much different than pure Rogue, but I'm forcing some limitations on myself, and trying to imagine what it would be like with assassinate and 3x crit profile daggers.

The result is a character more suited to my tastes, however one that does not have a get out of jail free card. I'll really need to be very, very careful and not leave anything to chance if I'm going to stealth it up like I currently do. Rangers have blue bar healing and a whole lot of tools to quickly dispatch mobs, but I wouldn't even need to interact with those mobs if I had assassinate.
    If you go assassinate, for it to work reasonably well in Epic content you need to really focus on it. Which means an INT based pure rogue.

My old rogue before the enhancement pass was a 18 rogue/2ftr and frankly I think he dished out more DPS in party than my new pure assassin build. Assassinate is a fun build and tricky, but you really need to plan for it properly in your gear and your build. As it is based on your INT score. An Assassin build is definitely easier to solo with as you can one shot so much stuff. But I was happier with the damage output in a party with my 2 ftr splash with the extra feats that I had.

Both are actually pretty self sustaining.

When fighting with my high evasion and other gear based stuff, I was not often taking damage. Unless I directly had the aggro of something. But then my DPS dropped significantly as well. But I remember a number of instances when I was the last one standing, or last one with a full red bar.

Through in a power augment or a wizardry item, and you can twist in rejuvenation cocoon. And your UMD is high enough that heal scrolls is not a problem. So self healing was not a huge problem for me.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

It sounds like a pure assassin is the playstyle you are looking for. You will definitely have fewer options as an assassin. You can still be quite capable of accomplishing a great deal but you are right, it does require much more careful play. That's what I personally find most enjoyable about the playstyle though. With the changes to stealth it is now easier to escape once you've been noticed. It used to be that mobs would follow you around the entire quest if you got their agro.

As far as self healing, you'll have to make the switch from blue bar to scrolls. It's no where near the easy button option of a blue bar, but is still perfectly viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    If you go assassinate, for it to work reasonably well in Epic content you need to really focus on it. Which means an INT based pure rogue.

My old rogue before the enhancement pass was a 18 rogue/2ftr and frankly I think he dished out more DPS in party than my new pure assassin build. Assassinate is a fun build and tricky, but you really need to plan for it properly in your gear and your build. As it is based on your INT score. An Assassin build is definitely easier to solo with as you can one shot so much stuff. But I was happier with the damage output in a party with my 2 ftr splash with the extra feats that I had.

Both are actually pretty self sustaining.

When fighting with my high evasion and other gear based stuff, I was not often taking damage. Unless I directly had the aggro of something. But then my DPS dropped significantly as well. But I remember a number of instances when I was the last one standing, or last one with a full red bar.

Through in a power augment or a wizardry item, and you can twist in rejuvenation cocoon. And your UMD is high enough that heal scrolls is not a problem. So self healing was not a huge problem for me.
    If I wanted pure DPS without more tools, I probably would just go Kensai or stick to my Tempest. With the SA training from DWS, I get about 3d6 SA, which isn't fantastic, but I can boost it a bit. Without really even trying though, my base damage is getting up to the 40-50 range at level 18. If tempest tier 5s were better, I'd be very hard pressed to switch over but I know it's the right decision.

As I've been pretending I'm a rogue all day, I haven't really liked Manyshot as much. All I've been using it for now is a get out of jail free card and boss killer instead of a just-whenever thing.

Playing in parties vs playing solo is very much different for me. In parties I just kind of run around and make sure nothing has health and rush and never sneak unless my party is being slow and I decide to go clear a room by myself. Solo play is where I'm focusing on, because the party dynamic is basically take care of yourself and help other people and do a bunch of damage. I know how to do that pretty well. As I've always played halflings and have played a lot of Ninja Spy monks, sneak attacks are something I'm very used to paying attention to.

It sounds like a pure assassin is the playstyle you are looking for. You will definitely have fewer options as an assassin. You can still be quite capable of accomplishing a great deal but you are right, it does require much more careful play. That's what I personally find most enjoyable about the playstyle though. With the changes to stealth it is now easier to escape once you've been noticed. It used to be that mobs would follow you around the entire quest if you got their agro.

As far as self healing, you'll have to make the switch from blue bar to scrolls. It's no where near the easy button option of a blue bar, but is still perfectly viable.
    The switch from blue bar healing to scrolls is honestly what freaks me out the most. I know I can do it, it will just be difficult to adjust.

I am excited to be completely satisfied with my runs though- nothing feels as awesome as sneaking past the crowd or murdering the boss without any of his surrounded people seeing it, and then getting out undetected. Wonderful stuff there.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

first off... let me say this... my rogue is on his 3rd life. first being mechanic (eventually LRed into assassin shortly before TRing), 2nd life was 13 rogue/7 monk assassin spy, third life is 13 rogue/6 monk/1 druid acrobat spy. i have a ranged artificer, and 2 AAs: one ranger, and one TR project who is currently a druid.

what to do depends heavily on what you WANT to do.. do you prefer ranged? or do you just like the big damage of manyshot, and if you can get big damage from melee you'll do that instead?

you could splash 3 arti into rogue, and go high int and repeaters. arti spell insightful strikes takes your to hit from int, and 10 points spent in the mechanic tree takes your damage from int also. now you have potentially very high ranged damage.

13 rogue/7 monk i found to be incredibly powerful... stunning fist is amazing for a rogue... i'll repeat that... stunning fist is AMAZING. (note, you only need 1 level of monk to get stunning fist, and the DC is not dependent on monk levels, so you could go this route if you're worried about assassinate DCs) stun a mob, and now all of a sudden you have sneak attack damage.... and lots of it, and unarmed attacks are fast! most mobs even on heroic elite and EN/EH were dead from helpless damage + helpless sneak attack damage far before the first stun wore off. minimal wisdom (not completely dumped, but don't need to work it either) and a +stunning item (plus an exceptional combat mastery item if you have one... like Spare Hand) gives you more than enough stunning fist DC for leveling purposes. might not be sufficient for something like EE, but you might be able to work it such that it does work with EDs and whatnot. my stunning fist DC AND my assassinate DC were both in the low 40s when i TRed.

my current rogue life i also do big damage, but in a completely different way than an assassin does... cleaves all over the place i rarely get sneak attack damage, but everything around me dies fast

you could also mix in 6 levels of ranger and retain your ranged (only feats you'd have to add would be IPS) and get TWF as a free bonus....

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

I don't know the power of the ranged great crossbow bleed.
    It's at least fun at low(ish) levels. Can easily double the total damage you do at range per shot early on, not counting SA.

I expect it'll become a lot less useful later on as apparently it doesn't scale at all(?), whereas the "regular" damage increases from higher-+ weapons, Int, and other enhancements eventually if you invest in the Mechanic tree.
    Still, it can be stacked on a few times and it all adds up... (Hm. Tempest Bleed has a stated limit on how many of it you can put on an enemy, is this the same Bleed or do they count separately? Have to test this...)
    Last edited by mna; 10-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

As someone else pointed out, if going for damage you can splash ranger. In fact you could go 14 ranger / 6 rogue (blue bar heals + dagger specialization), or 14 rogue/6 ranger (rogue oriented sneak att damage + manyshot, ITWF, precise shot). You could even go pure dex build and get dex to hit/dam with bow bows and daggers if you go elf. Check out the hunter's knife from that thread as an example.

But if you want to assassinate reliably you probably need to go pure. That's very much a flavor thing IMO, because a good TWF DPS build with ranger/paladin splashed can mow through a room and keep themselves healed (highly recommend torc on such builds), and finish quests in 1/3 of the time an assassin will and be just as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    But if you want to assassinate reliably you probably need to go pure. That's very much a flavor thing IMO, because a good TWF DPS build with ranger/paladin splashed can mow through a room and keep themselves healed (highly recommend torc on such builds), and finish quests in 1/3 of the time an assassin will and be just as effective.
    If you are going assassin you definitely need to go pure rogue to get the rogue capstone which will further boost your assassinate.

If you are not going assassin, splashing the rogue for further feats or some other synergy makes a lot of sense.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    As someone else pointed out, if going for damage you can splash ranger. In fact you could go 14 ranger / 6 rogue (blue bar heals + dagger specialization), or 14 rogue/6 ranger (rogue oriented sneak att damage + manyshot, ITWF, precise shot). You could even go pure dex build and get dex to hit/dam with bow bows and daggers if you go elf. Check out the hunter's knife from that thread as an example.

I would agree that if you want to solo and move quickly through quests, a splash build may be a better option. But the OP has already mentioned he doesn't mind going slower and I would disagree that a splash is better for twf dps. Your right though that if you want a ranged option splashing 6 ranger is a solid plan. But I don't know of any pure or splash build that can match the twf damage of a pure assassin.

A pure assassin does 18d6 base sneak attack with another 3 from improved sneak attack. You can get another 6 from shadowdancer and 3 if halfling but those are not class specific and are available to anyone. So a pure assassin gets a minimum of 21d6 sneak attack per hit, per hand. That's an average of 73.5 damage on the mainhand and 58.8 on the offhand. Everything else (weapon effects, damage mod, gear effects, etc.) is available to anyone. I don't know of any other classes abilities that offer that kind of sustained damage.

So I would hardly consider an assassin a flavor build. You could build an assassin for pure dps and ignore assassinate, but it doesn't take much sacrifice for an effective assassinate DC, which is a huge gain. Either way, a pure assassin is going to do more dps than a splash build. That said, it is sneak attack based dps which tends to shine brightest with a group. But there are plenty of ways to get sneak attack damage while solo (mentioned earlier in the thread) which can result in a very effective zerger.

So I'd have to say if you want twf dps, go pure. If you want the versatility of different types of attacks, splash. It really depends on what your goals are with the character.

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

Going with a pure assassin. If I'm not satisfied with it, I have another TR until I hit 36 points anyway, so it's all good.

Community Member

I found a fun solution to crowd control. You aught to be putting points in UMD, so carry scrolls of Sleet Storm. Doesn't work on red/purple names, but it'll blind all of the trash mobs, so they'll only have a 50% chance of hitting you and they'll be taking sneak attacks. In order to move around a sleet storm with impunity you either need Freedom of Movement cast on you, the acrobat core ability Kip Up, or you can wear Spiked Boots or Kundarak Delving Boots.

Just fight enemies within the storm. If you don't have anything for slippery floor immunity, just cast sleet storm where you stand and hold your ground. When I do it with my Mechanic and my repeater I just put my back into a wall or corner. As a melee fighter you'll want to make them come to you rather than try to run into your own storm if you're not immune to it.

I'm assuming Shadow Dagger will replace Exposing Strike as long as I'm not saved against, and RadII GS will work nicely as well.
    No, but Bluff will. It's essentially the same skill as Exposing strike minus the initial damage. And if you're half-elf, you can have 2 bluffs on separate timers which is nice.

Solo note: Bluff works on red-nameds, as does the Shadowdancer 's Shadow mastery. Can't recall offhand if regular deception items will also work. But needless to say if shadow mastery lands on a red named, and you hit your haste boost, it's going to lose a LOT of hps fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast