Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,132

    Thumbs down no dev response about broken human S&B animation? really?

    So, I've posted several threads about it, no response whatsoever.
    People say get a true heart and make him a dwarf.
    There goes MY build, and what about all the race restricted items 3 of my human builds use?

    A simple acknowledgement would be fine.

    Other players from Elder Scrolls Online Beta I game with have seen several extended videos I made of the animation.
    They obviously will not be trying DDO out. Mainly because of the length of time this has been a known issue. And not one word has been said on a fix, or anything else.

    Way to go. I can't be supportive of a company that has a MAJOR game play issue, and sweeps it under the rug.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  2. #2
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Well if you weren't set on gimping yourself by using a shield.

    Ok in seriousness they should fix it but my honest guess is you're wasting your breath on it because it'll probably never get fixed like so many other things.

  3. #3
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    So, I've posted several threads about it, no response whatsoever.
    People say get a true heart and make him a dwarf.
    There goes MY build, and what about all the race restricted items 3 of my human builds use?

    A simple acknowledgement would be fine.

    Other players from Elder Scrolls Online Beta I game with have seen several extended videos I made of the animation.
    They obviously will not be trying DDO out. Mainly because of the length of time this has been a known issue. And not one word has been said on a fix, or anything else.

    Way to go. I can't be supportive of a company that has a MAJOR game play issue, and sweeps it under the rug.
    I have come to the conclusion that the player base values communication, especially communication about bugs and WAI confirmations a LOT more than Turbine does. I don't necessarily mean this as a negative, just an observation about differences in priorities between Turbine and players. Perhaps if you could phrase your issue in the form of an Owlbear type of bug then response may be more forthcoming.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    So, I've posted several threads about it, no response whatsoever.
    People say get a true heart and make him a dwarf.
    There goes MY build, and what about all the race restricted items 3 of my human builds use?

    A simple acknowledgement would be fine.

    Other players from Elder Scrolls Online Beta I game with have seen several extended videos I made of the animation.
    They obviously will not be trying DDO out. Mainly because of the length of time this has been a known issue. And not one word has been said on a fix, or anything else.

    Way to go. I can't be supportive of a company that has a MAJOR game play issue, and sweeps it under the rug.
    Per the Known Issues List:
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Known Issues:
    Human and Half-elf characters who equip a sword and shield have an incorrect animation that causes them to "jump back" periodically.
    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.

  5. #5
    Community Member Sylvurdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    253

    Default

    I was actually wondering the same thing. I have essentially parked my sword and board druid due to this issue, and my FVS is now a dual wielder - just waiting to hear that there's a change...I go right to miscellaneous hoping to see that it was snuck into a patch...no dice...
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

  6. #6
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvurdragon View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I have essentially parked my sword and board druid due to this issue, and my FVS is now a dual wielder - just waiting to hear that there's a change...I go right to miscellaneous hoping to see that it was snuck into a patch...no dice...
    My sword and board pally is currently respected into a chest blesser and only gets played on loot boost weekends. between this bug and losing hit points if I want to swap weapons it's just not as fun playing him anymore.

  7. #7
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My sword and board pally is currently respected into a chest blesser and only gets played on loot boost weekends. between this bug and losing hit points if I want to swap weapons it's just not as fun playing him anymore.
    Official DnD Lore: Paladin Player Class is cowardly in nature, Much like a Cavalier, Only holding a weapon he is too afraid to use, lest he cut himself.

    So, ergo: Any paladin-based character will naturally jump back when attacking... Just remember to give it a properly french sounding name


    RETREAT!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Per the Known Issues List:


    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    Is it possible to get reasons why this happens? I think and it is my opinion that Discouraged/ profane/ blasphemous ex-employees who made wrong use of the code of this game to sabotage it, so it will never be found out. They did it on purpose for whatever reason to get even?

  9. #9
    Community Member TBot1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Is it possible to get reasons why this happens? I think and it is my opinion that Discouraged/ profane/ blasphemous ex-employees who made wrong use of the code of this game to sabotage it, so it will never be found out. They did it on purpose for whatever reason to get even?
    You're joking right?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

  10. #10
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Per the Known Issues List:
    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    It is now in Turbine's official "stop freaking bugging us about it. We know about it it, and have all the information we need about it. Until a manager actually gives a flipping care about what bothers players, it will remain unfixed to help their bottom line." list.


    Sorry, Steel, but that IS what that list means to players.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Per the Known Issues List:


    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.

    I just wanted to chime in to say that this issue isn't just limited to sword & board. My human fighter always jumps back a bit always, everytime, between the 3rd and 4th swing in the animation. This occurs using greatswords and great clubs. Great Axes seem to be OK. And it's been happening at least for over a year now.

    My 2cp.

    ...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

    Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

  12. #12
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    I just wanted to chime in to say that this issue isn't just limited to sword & board. My human fighter always jumps back a bit always, everytime, between the 3rd and 4th swing in the animation. This occurs using greatswords and great clubs. Great Axes seem to be OK. And it's been happening at least for over a year now.

    My 2cp.

    ...J
    Thank you for posting this.
    My TWF Human Tempest's (2) also do that


    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    ...Elder Scrolls Online Beta...
    i have been hearing some good things about this, it will probably be the end of my time as a VIP here
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

  14. #14
    Community Member Luxgolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Per the Known Issues List:


    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    This also happens with my pale master when I'm beating portals. First noticed in the vale on the rare portal.

  15. #15
    Community Member visibleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Per the Known Issues List: This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    Weird, on mine its a 'jump to the left' not backwards. If it was followed by 'a step to the right'* it would workout ok, but as it is I end up rotating around the opponent.

    * fortunately there are no hands on hips etc.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload