Thumbs down no dev response about broken human S&B animation? really?

So, I've posted several threads about it, no response whatsoever.
    People say get a true heart and make him a dwarf.
    There goes MY build, and what about all the race restricted items 3 of my human builds use?

A simple acknowledgement would be fine.

Other players from Elder Scrolls Online Beta I game with have seen several extended videos I made of the animation.
    They obviously will not be trying DDO out. Mainly because of the length of time this has been a known issue. And not one word has been said on a fix, or anything else.

Way to go. I can't be supportive of a company that has a MAJOR game play issue, and sweeps it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Well if you weren't set on gimping yourself by using a shield.

Ok in seriousness they should fix it but my honest guess is you're wasting your breath on it because it'll probably never get fixed like so many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    There goes MY build, and what about all the race restricted items 3 of my human builds use?

Other players from Elder Scrolls Online Beta I game with have seen several extended videos I made of the animation.
    They obviously will not be trying DDO out. Mainly because of the length of time this has been a known issue. And not one word has been said on a fix, or anything else.

Way to go. I can't be supportive of a company that has a MAJOR game play issue, and sweeps it under the rug.
    I have come to the conclusion that the player base values communication, especially communication about bugs and WAI confirmations a LOT more than Turbine does. I don't necessarily mean this as a negative, just an observation about differences in priorities between Turbine and players. Perhaps if you could phrase your issue in the form of an Owlbear type of bug then response may be more forthcoming.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Per the Known Issues List:
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Known Issues:
    Human and Half-elf characters who equip a sword and shield have an incorrect animation that causes them to "jump back" periodically.
    This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I have essentially parked my sword and board druid due to this issue, and my FVS is now a dual wielder - just waiting to hear that there's a change...I go right to miscellaneous hoping to see that it was snuck into a patch...no dice...
    Sylvursoul - Half-Elven Favored Soul of the 22nd Circle
    Gharris Sylvurwolf - Half-Elven Druid of the 20th Season
    Sylvurbeard - Scruffy-looking Dwarven Fighter of 21 Seasons

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvurdragon View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I have essentially parked my sword and board druid due to this issue, and my FVS is now a dual wielder - just waiting to hear that there's a change...I go right to miscellaneous hoping to see that it was snuck into a patch...no dice...
    My sword and board pally is currently respected into a chest blesser and only gets played on loot boost weekends. between this bug and losing hit points if I want to swap weapons it's just not as fun playing him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My sword and board pally is currently respected into a chest blesser and only gets played on loot boost weekends. between this bug and losing hit points if I want to swap weapons it's just not as fun playing him anymore.
    Official DnD Lore: Paladin Player Class is cowardly in nature, Much like a Cavalier, Only holding a weapon he is too afraid to use, lest he cut himself.

So, ergo: Any paladin-based character will naturally jump back when attacking... Just remember to give it a properly french sounding name

RETREAT!!!!!!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    Is it possible to get reasons why this happens? I think and it is my opinion that Discouraged/ profane/ blasphemous ex-employees who made wrong use of the code of this game to sabotage it, so it will never be found out. They did it on purpose for whatever reason to get even?

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Is it possible to get reasons why this happens? I think and it is my opinion that Discouraged/ profane/ blasphemous ex-employees who made wrong use of the code of this game to sabotage it, so it will never be found out. They did it on purpose for whatever reason to get even?
    You're joking right?
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

It is now in Turbine's official "stop freaking bugging us about it. We know about it it, and have all the information we need about it. Until a manager actually gives a flipping care about what bothers players, it will remain unfixed to help their bottom line." list.

Sorry, Steel, but that IS what that list means to players.

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

I just wanted to chime in to say that this issue isn't just limited to sword & board. My human fighter always jumps back a bit always, everytime, between the 3rd and 4th swing in the animation. This occurs using greatswords and great clubs. Great Axes seem to be OK. And it's been happening at least for over a year now.

My 2cp.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    I just wanted to chime in to say that this issue isn't just limited to sword & board. My human fighter always jumps back a bit always, everytime, between the 3rd and 4th swing in the animation. This occurs using greatswords and great clubs. Great Axes seem to be OK. And it's been happening at least for over a year now.

My 2cp.

...J
    Thank you for posting this.
    My TWF Human Tempest's (2) also do that

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

...Elder Scrolls Online Beta...
    i have been hearing some good things about this, it will probably be the end of my time as a VIP here
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

This also happens with my pale master when I'm beating portals. First noticed in the vale on the rare portal.

Per the Known Issues List: This is a known issue, and under investigation. We are aware that it causes gameplay issues, and will keep you updated when a fix is targeted for release.
    Weird, on mine its a 'jump to the left' not backwards. If it was followed by 'a step to the right'* it would workout ok, but as it is I end up rotating around the opponent.

* fortunately there are no hands on hips etc.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!