Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Error in GH saga, with fix

Just posting this to help out someone that may run into it. The quests "Cabal For One" and "Crucible" are swapped in the completion log. I ran Cabal twice just to make sure I had it completed and it never did. I paid for a bypass and reset the whole chain. After completing cabal (but not crucible) the saga giver told me I still had to run Cabal, but Crucible was done.

Looks to me like they are swapped. Bug reported too, but putting it here to help out anyone wondering why it wasn't counting completions.

Community Member

This happened to me as well right before the most recent time that Sagas were removed. Bug-reported it when it happened.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Ah thanks, I was wondering why I wasn't getting credit for Cabal. I'm glad you posted this before I ran Cabal again on Elite, just in case.

Side note, I didn't realize Crucible was part of the Saga - dang, I guess I wont finish, I tried to solo that once and I got stuck in the maze when I lost hireling focus, way too frustrating. I thought that's why they changed it from a flagging quest...the raid itself isn't part of the Saga either, so I thought Sagas were supposed to be soloable, but I guess they still consider Crucible to be non-optional.

Default Hey...

Stop crucibling the Crucible just because it isn't soloable doesn't make it a bad quest.

Bowserkoopa,

Cabal for one isn't worthy of being called a flagging quest they should of just made a new quest all together.

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Ah thanks, I was wondering why I wasn't getting credit for Cabal. I'm glad you posted this before I ran Cabal again on Elite, just in case.

Side note, I didn't realize Crucible was part of the Saga - dang, I guess I wont finish, I tried to solo that once and I got stuck in the maze when I lost hireling focus, way too frustrating. I thought that's why they changed it from a flagging quest...the raid itself isn't part of the Saga either, so I thought Sagas were supposed to be soloable, but I guess they still consider Crucible to be non-optional.
    What server are you on? I know a few people on Thelanis who know that quest pretty well, may be able to get you through it.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I soloed it a few times while saga's were up for 24 hours last time. If your hireling loses focus, just clear the focus orb and ask him to "use" with the orb blank. He'll use the closest thing he can see. Tap it a few times if there are potentially unusable things nearby like bags or collectibles. Even if he goes crazy and tries to run to you keep pressing that use button. I've yet to have that fail for me.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I soloed it a few times while saga's were up for 24 hours last time. If your hireling loses focus, just clear the focus orb and ask him to "use" with the orb blank. He'll use the closest thing he can see. Tap it a few times if there are potentially unusable things nearby like bags or collectibles. Even if he goes crazy and tries to run to you keep pressing that use button. I've yet to have that fail for me.
    That has failed me in the past, my hire only wanted to use an empty crest socket, and wouldn't use anything else no matter how hard I tried. But yeah, that's what I've been using to solo it too.

And no, no way Crucible should be optionnal. They made Cabal the flagging quest instead of crucible just because they wanted more people to run the raid. Now, sagas are a way to make people run more quests, not the usual few with added rewards. Crucible has its perfect place here.
    Note, Crucible is still the quest that's of the level of PoP and Madstone (difficulty-wise, lore-wise and named loot-wise), Cabal only replaced it in the flagging process.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

If you can't beat it in game beat it on the forums. NERF EVERYTHING NAOW!!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milikki View Post
    The quests "Cabal For One" and "Crucible" are swapped in the completion log.
    If you ask him what quests you have left to do, you'll see that it's only the titles that got swapped. The description correctly matches the quest you have yet to complete.

(you ask) What Next?

(NPC says)Cabal for One
    You must venture into The Crucible and complete its difficult trials, blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    If you ask him what quests you have left to do, you'll see that it's only the titles that got swapped. The description correctly matches the quest you have yet to complete.

(you ask) What Next?

(NPC says)Cabal for One
    You must venture into The Crucible and complete its difficult trials, blah blah.
    People read NPC text???? I explicitly remapped CTRL+F1 (1st NPC Option) to R to blast through that stuff
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Just post a group for Crucible and don't try to solo it. It will fill as long as you aren't doing an unpopular difficulty (Heroic Casual, Epic Casual, Epic Elite, Heroic Normal with any overlevel XP penalties)

The quest was designed back when the game didn't go out of its way to push people toward playing solo the way it does now. Back then soloing a difficult quest meant you were showing off, not doing things the easy way.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    What server are you on? I know a few people on Thelanis who know that quest pretty well, may be able to get you through it.
    Thelanis, actually, yes....its not that I don't know it, I can read DDO Wiki as well as the next guy I just get too lazy to bother trying to group...plus I don't voice chat, and that seems to throw a lot of people off :P I don't expect to get everything if I don't group - I just didn't think that Sagas were going to be in the same category as raid loot.

Plus, every time I've pugged a quest before because I don't know it very well (notably, did this my first time through Rainbow, and every time I've had to run the unsoloable flagging quest in Necro I) I just end up chasing the dots on my minimap as they expertly zerg through it, unable to tell what's actually going on, so I don't actually LEARN anything

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If you can't beat it in game beat it on the forums. NERF EVERYTHING NAOW!!!!!
    Nah, more just "if it doesn't fit well into your preferred playstyle, don't do it and move on to something else". That's the reason that Dreams of Insanity and The Pit remain uncompleted on all my chars.

What's the reward for True Elite on Heroic GH anyway? Maybe if its worth it, I'll bother to find a group for it, or try my luck again with hireling shenanigans I didn't know you could make him randomly look for stuff to use, actually.

Community Member

If anyone ever fixes a line of code for Gianthold, this is the campaign system information I have received after completing heroic flagging:

Elminster
    findo
    Stormeaver

This type of thing should go into the Known Issues list immediately.

Players have found found the bug, reproduced the bug, listed exact steps to reproduce, and provided a work-around... yet the Known Issues list still does not list this.

Turbine, this takes 2 minutes of work MAX for a low-level employee to update the Known Issues list.

Quit relying on your customers to do your job for you.

Sheesh! I hit this problem last night and had to come here to find the answer after I checked Known Issues and saw nothing related to Sagas in there.

Default thanks for the warning

spotted this a bit late though

Just run Cabal for the third time, getting really annoyed that it wouldn't credit.

Oh well. of to the Crucible.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Sagas are optional. Crucible is optional if you skip it using your VIP skip or pay 5 astral shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Sagas are optional. Crucible is optional if you skip it using your VIP skip or pay 5 astral shards.
    But logic defeats forum rage, we can't have that now can we?

Community Member

What's the reward for True Elite on Heroic GH anyway? .
    This is from memory but it's something like:
    45,000 xp
    7,500 guild reknown
    3 plus one skill tomes (no UMD)

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    This is from memory but it's something like:
    45,000 xp
    7,500 guild reknown
    3 plus one skill tomes (no UMD)
    I had 15k guild renown, but what also was listed that I thought was humorous and at the same time a waste of a loot spot was a tales of valor.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I had 15k guild renown, but what also was listed that I thought was humorous and at the same time a waste of a loot spot was a tales of valor.
    Is 15k for True Elite on Epic GH. It's the same for Heroic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast