Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Default Acrobat knockdown immunity questions...

1) What exactly does knockdown immunity from acrobat NOT protect you from? I would assume Titan knockdown is one. What else?

2) What does knockdown immunity prevent that freedom of movement doesn't? I would assume giant stomp, minotaur knockdown, and air elemental knockdown. What else?

Thanks in advance.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

Community Member

Not sure what the exceptions are.

What I do know, however, is that Kip Up allows you to run around in a Sleet Storm with impunity. So carry some scrolls, and benefit from the blindness and free sneak attacks.

Drider's webline trip is not pervented. It's funny that Dragons can't knock my acrobat down, but flung spider poo does.

Giants, dragons, and Air Eles don't knock you down, but they will knock you back.
    Ice and grease don't slide you around.

The opening sequence of Undermine does knock you down... There's stuff that's like "Ya, okay, raid mechanic/Scripted story mechanic...." that you'll accept... It's just the driders that really annoy me.

Community Member

The Truthful One can knock down my dex acrobat, not sure on other dragons though. It protects from Marilith overruns though, both of these things FoM doesn't help with.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I hadn't thought of most of those.

I suppose the Drider webline trip makes logical sense, but logic should have no place in a fantasy game imo.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    The Truthful One can knock down my dex acrobat, not sure on other dragons though. It protects from Marilith overruns though, both of these things FoM doesn't help with.
    Dragons' left-arm heavy slam can knockdown everything, even with GMoF "balance in all things" or unyielding sentinel's steadfast. press your defend key prevents these. I assume, this is WAI (because the animation is long enough for players to be ready for it).

Another thing that can trip down a rogue with kip-up is: hill giant barbarian's stamping attack. (and I doubt if this is intended).

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    1) What exactly does knockdown immunity from acrobat NOT protect you from? I would assume Titan knockdown is one. What else?

2) What does knockdown immunity prevent that freedom of movement doesn't? I would assume giant stomp, minotaur knockdown, and air elemental knockdown. What else?

Thanks in advance.
    1) Epic giants stomp, minotaurs, FOT dragon, Drider webs even when they are cast through walls.
    Epic TOR is really annoying when giants aoe stomp knock me down, regardless of whether or not I am tumbling, jumping, etc... my Displaced,shadowfade/28%Dodge seems to be irrelevent here.

2) Not much.. air elemental attacks still throw you flying away.. you just dont fall down..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Probably the same for air savant immunity eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnyr View Post
    Another thing that can trip down a rogue with kip-up is: hill giant barbarian's stamping attack. (and I doubt if this is intended).
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    1) Epic giants stomp, minotaurs, FOT dragon, Drider webs even when they are cast through walls.
    Epic TOR is really annoying when giants aoe stomp knock me down, regardless of whether or not I am tumbling, jumping, etc... my Displaced,shadowfade/28%Dodge seems to be irrelevent here.
    I am surprised that giant stomp knocks you down. That's annoying. I agree, probably not WAI, but I doubt that's getting fixed anytime soon.

I have heard that minotaurs knock you back but don't knock you down, just like air elementals. Is that not correct?

Thanks for the info.