Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pantronic View Post
    It would be great if it lasted long enough for Europeans with day jobs can try it too, this time.
    They should stop calling it a preview and just call it a load test - its there for the devs' benefit, not ours. The point wasnt to let everyone get a head start on collecting keys and motes, the point was to make sure it works under real-game conditions. They dont really care where players are from, as long as there's enough of them to simulate Live conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Well, these changes allegedly made it in. It wouldn't be the first time something got "fixed" and posted in release notes and was not true at all. I'm withholding judgement until it actually comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallar View Post
    :O You aren't referring to the https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427050-The or maybe the sagas... no... I don't think Turbine does that anymore... no...
    I'd like to remain on the ship a little longer...

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Well, these changes allegedly made it in. It wouldn't be the first time something got "fixed" and posted in release notes and was not true at all. I'm withholding judgement until it actually comes back.
    The
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    I think I am going to start playing a Euro based game so I can go on their forums and complain how their schedules, contests, and etc never cater to us Americans.
    Remember to join their American version of the game and wait for them to merge it into the Euro version before you start the complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    The decision to remove fang and dust drops is disappointing, however. Mabar drops were pretty boring to begin with, and now you don't even have the occasional fangs or dust to look forward to.
    That was the laziest "fix" I've seen yet. Made me laugh. "We won't bother working on it, so we'll just make it WAI". Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    No, Fangs and Dust still exist and are still required as before. However, they are now only obtainable by trading in Motes of Night, and their cost has been significantly reduced.
    This makes NO sense. Why have someone buy fangs and dust with motes only to turn them around and use them with more motes to buy an item? It's purely redundant!

As I understand it:

Step 1: get motes
    Step 2: trade some motes for fangs and/or dust
    Step 3: trade motes, dust and/or fangs (and sometimes an item to be upgraded) for a new item
    Step 4: PROFIT!!!

Step 2 is redundant. You're turning motes into something to be traded with motes for something. I'm confused. WHY??????

As it should be:

Step 2: trade motes (and sometimes an item to be upgraded) for a new item
    Step 3: PROFIT!!!

What I'm trying to say is, if a Vampire Fang costs 500 motes, and an item recipe requires a vampire fang, why doesn't the item recipe just cost 500 more motes instead of requiring you grind motes into a fang just to grind it immediately afterward with motes to get the item you want?
    Last edited by Certon; 10-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    Remember to join their American version of the game and wait for them to merge it into the Euro version before you start the complaining.
    Its still is and was a US based game regardless of the server you played on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shibe View Post
    Its still is and was a US based game regardless of the server you played on.
    Yeah, no. Internet. Kthxbye

Oh, and BTW, the new patch also un-fixed the issue where some ranger imbues would stop working when you zone.

...and mobs are spawning in walls/getting stuck in textures again.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This makes NO sense. Why have someone buy fangs and dust with motes only to turn them around and use them with more motes to buy an item? It's purely redundant!

As I understand it:

Step 2: trade some motes for fangs and/or dust
    Step 3: trade motes, dust and/or fangs (and sometimes an item to be upgraded) for a new item
    Step 4: PROFIT!!!

Step 2 is redundant. You're turning motes into something to be traded with motes for something. I'm confused. WHY??????

As it should be:

Step 2: trade motes (and sometimes an item to be upgraded) for a new item
    Step 3: PROFIT!!!

What I'm trying to say is, if a Vampire Fang costs 500 motes, and an item recipe requires a vampire fang, why doesn't the item recipe just cost 500 more motes instead of requiring you grind motes into a fang just to grind it immediately afterward with motes to get the item you want?
    They had the system in place, so it was easier to just add the fangs & dust to the list of purchasable items (at a low cost) than it was to re-tool the entire instance. Yeah it's redundant and should just be get motes >> cash in motes, but for a fast turn around to something closer to that we get what they did. It's called a compromise. In a magical world where time can be stopped to allow people infinite time to redevelop existing software, then maybe we'd have the more streamlined version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12