Default Weird behavior: drawing aggro and intimidate symbol

So, lately (post-enhancement pass) I've been noticing some rather odd behavior when running my rogue, where enemies will occasionally show the intimidate symbol above their heads and aggro on me, sometimes simply when I approach them, without having hit them at all yet, and even with allies already beating on them. This happens sometimes on approach, and sometimes while in a group attacking something.

Now, I'm used to occasionally drawing aggro from weak DPSers even with the full threat-reduction enhancement line and a -20% threat item (maybe 2, if the Assassin set bonus and Tinker's set bonus stack), but this is happening even immediately after a successful Diplomacy or Bluff, and even with solid DPS who should have much more aggro established than me.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Any idea what it could be from?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

And from the other side, the intimidaters cannot intimidate monsters reliably anymore. I use intimidate and succeed only to have aggro reverted the very next second to the caster throwing spells at it. Generally the highest DPSer. The only monsters I use intimidate on those days is the ones noone can hit. Like Spinner of Shadows. Or the mosters I specifically tell the group "DO NOT HIT".

Also, Diplomacy doesn't work too on my cleric. He doesn't have the highest Diplo, but when I see the symbol above a mob's head and I have a bunch of alies near me, I expect to lose aggro. And yet I still die because the whole group of mobs is aggroed on me for no reason at all (was last to enter sight, didn't hit them, etc.)

Also, I don't know if this is working as intended but those teleporting devils have the most random aggro I've ever seen. In subterraine doing slayers with 2 friends. Since I was the tank, I was trying to keep aggro off them. Was trying intimidate with absolutely no effect. Then I told my friends "Don't hit them at all". Was the only one hitting them and I still had to chase them around as their aggro switched between both (their aggro never on me ). Then I told them to stay out of sight too. This worked, but as soon as they entered the sight of the devils, the devils would teleport to them no matter having their half HP cut down by me. And this was worse on Shroud Part 5. The last to remain alive was the devil and there were 11 people on sight all busy getting SP back while I was supposed to tank and prep the devil. Hah! I was chasing around as he aggroed poeple all over the place. Go for the caster in the pool, swing, go for the fighter standing in the middle of the room doing nothing, swing, go for the cleric in the other pool getting sp, swing, go for an arcane buffing up, swing, etc.

Shroud, part 2. I used Intimidate and caught 2 bosses. I ran to a side and blocked requesting someone to take one of them off me. Not long after, the one that had aggro of the 3rd boss accidentally came close to the area I was in (blocking the 2 bosses). The aggro of 3rd boss immediately reverted to me. So I decided to run back and forth in the maze with other players hitting them to take aggro. For 5 minutes I wasn't hitting them, nor intimidating them and I had their aggro making them impossible to kill since they were close to each other. At some point while running back and forth, they were enough apart that the party managed to kill them.

It's obvious that aggro is screwed up.
    Last edited by Faltout; 10-02-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    And from the other side, the intimidaters cannot intimidate monsters reliably anymore. I use intimidate and succeed only to have aggro reverted the very next second to the caster throwing spells at it. Generally the highest DPSer. The only monsters I use intimidate on those days is the ones noone can hit. Like Spinner of Shadows. Or the mosters I specifically tell the group "DO NOT HIT".
    Also, Diplomacy doesn't work too on my cleric. He doesn't have the highest Diplo, but when I see the symbol above a mob's head and I have a bunch of alies near me, I expect to lose aggro. And yet I still die because the whole group of mobs is aggroed on me for no reason at all (was last to enter sight, didn't hit them, etc.)
    Also, I don't know if this is working as intended but those teleporting devils have the most random aggro I've ever seen. In subterraine doing slayers with 2 friends. Since I was the tank, I was trying to keep aggro off them. Was trying intimidate with absolutely no effect. Then I told my friends "Don't hit them at all". Was the only one hitting them and I still had to chase them around as their aggro switched between both (their aggro never on me ). Then I told them to stay out of sight too. This worked, but as soon as they entered the sight of the devils, the devils would teleport to them no matter having their half HP cut down by me.
    Shroud, part 2. I used Intimidate and caught 2 bosses. I ran to a side and blocked requesting someone to take one of them off me. Not long after, the one that had aggro of the 3rd boss accidentally came close to the area I was in (blocking the 2 bosses). The aggro of 3rd boss immediately reverted to me. So I decided to run back and forth in the maze with other players hitting them to take aggro. For 5 minutes I wasn't hitting them, nor intimidating them and I had their aggro making them impossible to kill since they were close to each other. At some point while running back and forth, they were enough apart that the party managed to kill them.

It's obvious that aggro is screwed up.
    The devils I think you are talking about are meant to have random aggro and they teleport to the random person to attack them. This is wai.

edit*
    Also you might want to break your post into multiple paragraphs with some spacing. It's a little wot like and hard to read atm because of it.

Community Member

I've also noticed that when I successfully Diplo a mob and I see the icons appear above their heads, they continue to target me anyways.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    So, lately (post-enhancement pass) I've been noticing some rather odd behavior when running my rogue, where enemies will occasionally show the intimidate symbol above their heads and aggro on me, sometimes simply when I approach them, without having hit them at all yet, and even with allies already beating on them. This happens sometimes on approach, and sometimes while in a group attacking something.

Now, I'm used to occasionally drawing aggro from weak DPSers even with the full threat-reduction enhancement line and a -20% threat item (maybe 2, if the Assassin set bonus and Tinker's set bonus stack), but this is happening even immediately after a successful Diplomacy or Bluff, and even with solid DPS who should have much more aggro established than me.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? Any idea what it could be from?
    Are you leveling an off destiny like exalted angel? I'd have to check other destinies but exalted angel has an aura effect that can grab mob agro.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Are you leveling an off destiny like exalted angel? I'd have to check other destinies but exalted angel has an aura effect that can grab mob agro.
    It happens with a friend of mine and I too. I'm running a fighter/ranger/monk and he's doing a druid, and each of us gets random agro effects (intimidate icon) popping up. Now, it matters little to us, so I hadn't thought much of it other than "that's kind of odd...". But yes, it appears something weird is happening with agro since the last update.