Default Help. How do I remove someone from my friend list ?

Sounds dumb I know.
    But seriously, I need some advise to get rid of some friend names in my friend list.

I have a few friends in my friends list which I added long ago (Around year 2008?) that I would like to remove but they refuse to go away. They are no longer playing DDO now or perhaps changed their toon name ?

I keep getting the error "<Name of Friend> is not in your friend list." but the name is still showing up, staring at me in the face.

OK, I know its not a big deal but I admit. I am a neat/organised freak.
    Its not 1, not 2 but there's a couple of them.

Tried submitting numerous bug report since year 2010 until this year (2013) and seems like they are not interested in solving my problem.

Hope someone can enlighten me to solve my mystery "trolling friend names" stuck on my friend list.

Default A Roundabout Fix

Hiya, I've encountered this problem before too. Although I realize that this is probably not the most efficient solution, what I did was: jot down the friends that I wanted to keep, type "/friend clear" in the Chat window to remove everyone in my Friends list, and re-Add the friends that I had jotted down earlier. Good luck!

Hmm. Maybe try to export your friends list, then manually edit the FriendsList.ini file in your game program folder? Then import the file back to your friends list.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Acies View Post
    Hiya, I've encountered this problem before too. Although I realize that this is probably not the most efficient solution, what I did was: jot down the friends that I wanted to keep, type "/friend clear" in the Chat window to remove everyone in my Friends list, and re-Add the friends that I had jotted down earlier. Good luck!
    Hssss! Ninja'd. XP
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Finally....
    THANKS !
    It worked....

Did not know you could wipe em like that ..... Thanks

omg, I have been looking for this solution forever!

If this works, this should be added as a sticky. I have asked GM's for help on this matter, and they said they could not touch my friends.

I cannot wait to get home to start the wipe. It is like I finally have toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    Did not know you could wipe em like that ..... Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    omg, I have been looking for this solution forever!

If this works, this should be added as a sticky. I have asked GM's for help on this matter, and they said they could not touch my friends.

I cannot wait to get home to start the wipe. It is like I finally have toilet paper.
    Everything about this quote is awesome

type "/friend clear" in the Chat window to remove everyone in my Friends list
    Wow, nice tip! Thanks for sharing, +1!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Thx! That solved a 2 year problem with a couple of these merger names!

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    What? You didn't know how to use the three shells?

"So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    What? You didn't know how to use the three shells?

You are fined one credit for violation of the Verbal Morality Statute!
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)