Thread: New Sagas

Default New Sagas

Considering the fact that tomorrow's patch will (hopefully) bring back sagas for good, I suggest that a few more be added soon:

1) The Storyline saga

This one would consist of Waterworks, Shan-to-Kor series (with Shaagh's helm) and end with Tempest's Spine. Maybe more people would start realizing that these quests are all related and eventually lead to the Gianthold quests.

2) The Masters Saga

This would consist of the Threnal series and the Delera series.

3) The Unforgiving

This saga would have Faithful Departed, Proof is in the Poison, the fire elemental quest in house K, the sequel quest to VoN 4 (haywire pt 2), the optional quest from the Deneith Sentinels line, The Pit, and the trials quest out in 3BC. *dons fireproof suit*

4) Death of a Wannabe God

This would be *all* of the Necropolis quests.

5) Yes, I'm flagged

This would be all the Titan and DQ raid flag quests, and completing this saga means you do not have to run the flag quests for DQ again and also do not have to "unbreak" the medallion for the Titan. (Yes this one is in jest, but only partially)

Feel free to submit your new saga requests here as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Don't forget Mired in Kobolds for the Storyline Saga. If memory serves, the prisoner is Wayfarer Dael, who is also the quest-giver for the Seal of Shan-To-Kor arc.

1) You Be a Pirate!
    - Irestone Inlet
    - Three-Barrel Cove arc
    - Sentinels of Stormreach arc

2) Aroma Therapy
    - Freshen the Air
    - Garl's Tomb
    - The Pit
    - Acid Wit

3) Xoriawesome
    - Ruins of Threnal arc
    - Caverns of Korromar
    - Invaders!
    - Delirium
    - Harbinger of Madness arc
    - Reign of Madness arc

4) Mind Trip
    - Delirium
    - Harbinger of Madness arc
    - Reign of Madness arc
    - The Path of Inspiration arc
    - The Dreaming Dark arc
    Last edited by Worldcrafter; 10-01-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Anything can be explained by drunken wizards.

"Hey! I got a piece of the +1 Butter Knife of Victory! Ah-oh, wait, wait. It's just a crummy, normal +1 dagger of ghostbane..."

Sorjek and the Stormreaver:
    Setup: Questgiver is an Agent of Argonessen who is investigating this pretender to the Stormreaver title.
    Quests:
    • Tempest’s Spine
    • Gianthold Tor (Heroic)
    • The Reaver’s Fate
    • Stealer of Souls

Notes: I kept this list kind of light for TRs. But, you could put in all the prereq quests.

The Path to Bergthrym
    Setup: Questgiver is a Hobgoblin spy who is investigating the connection between Bergthrym and the Cloven Jaw Hobgoblins.
    Quests:
    • The Lost Seekers
    • The Seal of Shan-To-Kor
    • Ruins of Threnal

Have you been Haywired?
    Setup: Questgiver is the guy trying to stop Haywire from building more warforged.
    Quests:
    • Haywire Foundry
    • Made to Order

The Black Abbot
    Setup: Questgiver sets up the whole damn Black Abbot Storyline for the player.
    Quests:
    • Litany of The Dead Part 1
    • Litany of The Dead Part 2
    • Litany of The Dead Part 3
    • Litany of The Dead Part 4
    • The Ascension Chamber

Rewards: The Seal of the Black Abbot, or complete set for any of the turn-ins should be on the list of rewards.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

since there's no saga with a raid, i would avoid em, if they include em, rewards need a serious bump, because it's not the same "reward for something that can be soloed at lvl" (20% of xp needed for the lvl aprox) than a reward for something that can't be soloed at lvl, the time/effort needed it's much different

but y, we need a necropolis saga so we can take lvl 16 w/o grinding (also remove the silly sigil recquirement, in 25 lives i farmed enought times the quest to have fill sigils to spare, right now i ran out of pieces from inferno, run it twice/life so something is going really wrong, from 5 extra complete sigils to 0? 10 runs in 5 lives and not 1 piece? clearly lower drop than previous lives) with the gh saga now u can cap 15 doing once the saga and lvl 13 quests

would be great being able to cap 16 with necropolis (+ gh saga again, nothing that would make me cry lol) and the saga, so xp reward would be 80k or so, keep in mind that recquires 16 quests, yes, the crypts should be needed for the saga too, ES saga leaves u in front of the raid with all the previous stuff done, same should be for necropolis saga, also a seal of the abbot as a reward no pls, xp, renown and skill tome is enough, just need to bump the xp but giving u something that would recquire far more time to get (a full set? omfg, getting ppl to run an abbot? omfg XD) isn't a fair reward

also the master's saga is a great temathic idea

rest of times i would stick to saga per pack (unless there's another f2p saga in the same range lvl really related, is the objective of the saga) it's better having more npc's with little sagas and rewards each one, than having 5 npc with 234234234 quests per saga every one, easier to make, easier to fix(if broken) and ofc, easier to give SMALL rewards, which is the objective of the sagas for turbine, pushing a bit (remember ES saga? 100k xp on EE, less than 20% xp that u get from the runs XD)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    since there's no saga with a raid, i would avoid em, if they include em, rewards need a serious bump, because it's not the same "reward for something that can be soloed at lvl" (20% of xp needed for the lvl aprox) than a reward for something that can't be soloed at lvl, the time/effort needed it's much different
    I don’t see any problem with “Dead” raids. Twilight Forge could use some serious love to get ppl to run it. And no one runs Reaver's Fate anymore. Give them some XP rewards and it gives the powergamers something to run and then wait for just the right time to collect.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I don’t see any problem with “Dead” raids. Twilight Forge could use some serious love to get ppl to run it. And no one runs Reaver's Fate anymore. Give them some XP rewards and it gives the powergamers something to run and then wait for just the right time to collect.
    titan is dead by several reasons:

3 hours to flag (average), 3 quests, crappy xp (don't need it tho)

average loot, depressing % drop

to rerun 1 raid, the best way to encourage it is boosting % drop or gear, so there's a REAL reason to run it

forcing pugs to do certain raid so u avoid grinding (i.e. piker's fate as example at 16 + gh saga + necro4 elite tour = u capped 16, keeping in mind the day before u did the gh saga the day before to cap lvl 15) won't work, just will get ppl get more picky when pugging it, like chronoscope at lvl

why don't u see ppl running sos? because the % of getting what you really want

why im talking about loot instead of xp? because if u see the raids that used to be run at lvl, they're easy AND give ****loads of xp/min (von5 & TS) unless they touch the diff, thing i would strongly avoid, they must touch the % drop

try running a shroud at lvl, simply doesn't worth the effort, bad xp, bad time, bad % drop

also the concept of saga is "be flagged!!at least u'll get some reward even if u don't run the raid!!" and because most ppl will run the flagging quests, with raid or not

can't say the same about titan, nor doing litany opts, nor prey in the hunter (simply u get more xp rerunning any of the other 2 quests on hard, and faster, than doing prey, also the gems mechanic isn't helping)

dead raids are dead cause the flagging mechanic too, thx 4 making me notice it, nothing i would care since i wasn't running em with such poor gear and % drop XD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

But I will say that Twilight Forge is just as good of XP per minute as VoN5. It just requires a few players in the group to know what they’re doing.

Another Suggestion:

Bloodeye’s Bounty
    Setup: Complete Commandant Bloodeye’s directive to “Help the people in Three Barrel Cove.”
    Quests:
    • The Fire Caves: The Stones Run Red
    • The Fire Caves: Brood of Flame
    • Guard Duty
    • Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
    • Prove Your Worth
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Scoundrel’s Run
    • Garl’s Tomb: The Troglodytes’ Get
    • Garl’s Tomb: Old Grey Garl

Notes: It would be nice to have Bloodeye’s quest offer more “meat” than the current implementation does.

Also, I came up with a better hook for the Haywire quests. Though, I would probably add all the House Cannith quests to the mix as well. Have the questgiver be a House Cannith member that’s trying to enforce the Treaty of Thronehold. Keeping warforged out of the Duergar’s hands is part one. But, you come to learn he’s just taking out House Cannith’s competition.

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

The Salvation of Korthos

Setup: The Questgiver informs you that Korthos was once a warm, bright place, but now is ravaged by the Sahuagin and the Devourer Cult. He/she asks you whether you can just sit back and watch this and tells you that you need to do something, you need to be a hero to the people.

Quests:

Your immediate help is requested by the villagers.

Heyton's Rest
    The Storehouse's Secret
    The Cannith Crystal
    The Collaborator

The Sahuagin and the Devourer Cult decided to enact their plans in the wilderness where the villagers don't dare to venture out; end their plans before they can succeed.

Sacrifices
    Necromancer's Doom
    Stopping the Sahuagin

Find Lars Heyton and convince him to turn the tables on the Devourer Cult and bring peace to Korthos once again.

Redemption
    Misery's Peak